Padael
    Padael's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hook View Post
    I have had a similar recent bad experience with SportsInteraction.

I opened an online account with SportInteraction on March 20, 2009. I have wagered there over the past 7 months and have managed to show winnings of approx. £6700 / USD10887
    Wow - so I m not the only one they have done it to ... I wonder how many more are there who don't know anything about this forum

Surely if Hook's was linked to another account which they believe are being used by people other than him ... they did not have to wait 7 months for him accumulate such a big profit and then hammer him with a verdict, they could have stopped this before such a large profit was accumulated... i.e. as their system detects a link of such nature disallow one of the account to be operational... but I suppose they are evil in everything they do.

and lets talk about the word believe which they use in their email - what is that a religion - either they have proof which can substantiate their allegations or they don't.

magnavox
    magnavox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Would be almost impossible to not to be in the same IP range as dozens (hundreds?) of other users.
    Correct. In fact, with dynamic IPs, it should be expected for some members of a particular book to have identical IP as someone before at one point. It is very rare, but certainly can happen.

If SIA flags account as fraud based solely on this reason, then it can be compared to stiffing anyone with same last name, that happens to live in the same city.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

In my recent experiences with SIA, they have become much more thorough in their investigations of fraud. IP addresses are usually just the tip of the iceberg. They are spending some serious money on fraud detection, and in most of the newer fraud cases, they can tell you the exact identity of the person opening multiple accounts. They are also taking some very aggressive new approaches against fraudulent players legally - and I'm curious to see how those pan out.

Padael

If I was in their shoes I d spend a bit more money in good linesmen

magnavox

Quote Originally Posted by Padael View Post
    If I was in their shoes I d spend a bit more money in good linesmen
    Their linesmen are good, it's on purpose.

nikosgr
    Real pro
    nikosgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    In my recent experiences with SIA, they have become much more thorough in their investigations of fraud. IP addresses are usually just the tip of the iceberg. They are spending some serious money on fraud detection, and in most of the newer fraud cases, they can tell you the exact identity of the person opening multiple accounts. They are also taking some very aggressive new approaches against fraudulent players legally - and I'm curious to see how those pan out.
    I would like to know more about this, and also, let me have a question.
    Suppose that someone opened 2 accounts with them, and lost everything. Will they refund his deposits?

curinator
    curinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    I sure hope it's only the tip of the iceberg. I'd contend that the 90% mark of people using multiple computers on different networks is far too low. I'd say this is closer to 98%+ as I don't know many people who either don't attend a university, have an office job, nor go on vacation etc etc. Humans do many things.

This is especially alarming for those who arb/scalp, as that is not only lost winnings, but lost capital. To the OP or mod handling the case, please update on the case when there is a resolution.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by nikosgr View Post
    ''We have run IP checks that prove more than one player has been accessing your account. Also multiple IP addresses used on your account are already linked to fraud as is the entire IP range.''

So that means that you have to use your account ONLY from 1 pc?
    This is stupid. That means that they will confiscate winnings of 90% of their clients.
    I can't believe this is the reason. Haven't they ever heard of a person using a computer at home and a different computer at work?

I'm guessing there's more to it than this.

Padael

Quote Originally Posted by nikosgr View Post
    I would like to know more about this, and also, let me have a question.
    Suppose that someone opened 2 accounts with them, and lost everything. Will they refund his deposits?
    People with "so much integrity", of course they would refund the money ... most probably into their private pockets.

nikosgr
    Real pro

If SIA has the right to confiscate winnings, then i see no reason to play there. Unless there is something else in this story, SIA should pay players.

Padael

I have been reading a lot about Sportsinteraction in the past few days ... and it is a pity I did not do the reading before I got involved with them.

They seem to have a long history of confiscating clients winning in more than one way... here are just a handful of incidents (out of many) extracted from the SBR website:

12/22/2006 02:36 AM
    sportsinteraction (SBR rating C-) confiscates over $5,000 in player winnings

12/7/2006 08:10 AM
    Player Complaint: sportsinteraction (SBR rating C-) cancels wager after event begins; does not alert player.

6/15/2007 06:13 PM
    sportsinteraction (SBR rating C-) deletes five months of player's wagering activity;

7/4/2007 03:28 PM
    sportsinteraction (SBR rating C-) refuses to reconsider decision to confiscate player's $15,000 in winnings.

7/11/2007 10:23 PM
    sportsinteraction downgraded from C- to D+
    The downgrade is a result of the latest funds confiscation complaint by a player who had five months of winnings voided as well as previous incidents over the past six months where SIA applied rules that did not exist.

=================

They have been downgraded from C to D a few times and it seems that the leopard cannot change its spots

magnavox

Have these complaints been resolved, Justin?

lawsofpower48
    lawsofpower48's Avatar Become A Pro!

i know hooks emails are real because ive spoken with monica before...... this is crazy. so she is saying that there was more then 1 ip that accessed the account so they are taking his winnings?!?! c'mon..thats ridiculous....... i use way more then 1 ip...i login from my work place, my mobile phone, and my house!!!! sometimes public wifi!!!!

hey justin, if you have relations with them, you should bring up the point about people having different ips is a normal thing now a days....seriously, that worries me.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Do we dare play at this shop at the present time?

Always loved SIA..........

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Do we dare play at this shop at the present time?

Always loved SIA..........
    Yes, they are as solid as they've ever been.

The OP is either cheating or he will be paid.

lawsofpower48
    lawsofpower48's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Yes, they are as solid as they've ever been. The OP is either cheating or he will be paid.
    how can you cheat it though??? not too familiar with scamming books obviously..lol. didnt know you cannot have different accounts... i mean you are pretty much using your own information and depositing your own money, i dont see the wrong in that?

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

The only thing I can find on the SIA Web site regarding third parties is that it does not accept deposits or payments from third parties, and if wagers are made via a third party, with or without the consent of the account owner, the bet is valid and no refunds will be made.

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by magnavox View Post
    Have these complaints been resolved, Justin?
    The main one has. The others might have a different decision if ruled upon today (notably the 5 players betting from the same IP to circumvent limits).

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

does fubo take US customers?

nikosgr
    Real pro

Any news here?

Justin7

I'm on this now. I need some time...

Padael

OK - Justin take your time ... I will be away till the Nov. 7 - so take your time ... this is a lot of money and requires thorough work

jazzmonkey
    jazzmonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1182

There is no problem having an account with Fubo and SIA at the same time - I, as others also do, know this for a fact - so if they are arguing this then they will be onto a loser.

The "more than one person accessing your account" is bullsh1t on 2 counts:

1) This is IMPOSSIBLE to prove - people travel, people use dynamic IPs, people use proxies - I do not know of a site that states in the rules that these are forbidden. The only way that they can prove that more than one person accessed the account is by hiding outside of the window with a camera.

2) What is the problem with letting someone else access your account anyway? If I couldnt get to a computer but wanted to place a wager then I would have no issue with calling up a friend to do it for me. In fact SIA's T&Cs state:

" If a third party places a bet using a member's account, with or without the consent or knowledge of the account holder, the bet is deemed valid and refunds will not be made"

So...their point isnt valid as they have made provision for such an action in their rules.

Now I know that these guys have had a bad reputation in the past, I know that they close winning accounts - but they cant violate their own T&Cs.
    Last edited by jazzmonkey; 10-26-09 at 07:12 PM.

magnavox

I think the problem is that the other person, that apparently accessed this account has one of their own at SIA/Fubo...

durito
    escarabajo negro

There is no problem with having accounts at SIA and Fubo at the same time if you are losing. It's when you win that it becomes an issue. Or if you've been kicked out of one, you aren't getting in the other.

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

I for one have withdrawn my balance at SIA,their treatment of these players is out of order,i would urge other players to withdraw their money as well as you don`t know if you will be next.I will be following this thread with interest.

nikosgr
    Real pro

I really dont have to worry with them. SIA has a long history of bad behaviour against players, so i took my money out some time ago. Make a search here in this forum, and other forums as well, and you ll see what i mean.

vanman

I had only played with them in recent times as their reputation had seemed to improve,but with how they are again now i will not return.

durito
    escarabajo negro

you've got to be kidding me

curinator
    curinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

you've got to be kidding me
    Lul, what are people kidding you about Durito?

boyowen
    boyowen's Avatar Become A Pro!

After all I read here, I withdrew yesterday the LOT from SIA. It seems they are back to their robbery days!

vanman

What is most annoying and unforgivable about Fubo/SIA behavior in this incident is that assuming that SIA have such a sophisticated security software (which I doubt they have) which can link one player with previously registered player on their site... why didn't they eliminate Padael as he signed up... why did they wait until his account accumulate a profit of $5700 and then confiscate his winning, they could have stopped all this right at the beginning ... this is absurd... FUBO/SIA are CRIMINALS & THIEVES

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Possibly the access match only occurred at that point?

Padael

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Possibly the access match only occurred at that point?

If that is true then it would make it totally coincidental and innocent

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

There is no problem with having accounts at SIA and Fubo at the same time if you are losing. It's when you win that it becomes an issue. Or if you've been kicked out of one, you aren't getting in the other.
    durito is 100% correct here, they won't let me play at fubo even tho I"ve never had an account. I have been kicked out of SIA so even tho you can have accounts at both I can't.

First 12345 Last