smilecloud
    smilecloud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Delay on matchbook pre-game betting

Anybody else experiencing a short delay recently when submitting or cancelling offer on matchbook?
    I understand there is always a short delay on live-betting, but never heard about exchange applies
    a short delay on pre-game betting. This annoying feature only started to occur recently, after the new
    matchbook site is in place. I am now experiecing delay everytime when I try to submit or cancel an offer, both
    on old classic site and new site. Other than this delay, the site is smooth and quick to access. And the delay
    is always there, length does not vary. So it does not seem to have anything to do with internet connection speed
    or traffic of the site.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

How long is the delay? I'm using the classic and don't notice any.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

for me the delay happens only for those bets that will not be matched (for whatever reason) and only on the new site ... on the classic version there is no delay

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    How long is the delay? I'm using the classic and don't notice any.
    30-60 secs ... sometimes even more

RealSlimShady

I don't seem to have a delay. At most 1-2 seconds between submitting and having the offer matched or unmatched but on screen.

Gallin
    Gallin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2687

Yes, same problem here. The new site is much worse than the classic IMO.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Hopefully Classic stays alive...still using that as it's much more user friendly

smilecloud

It's a short one, 3-5 seconds I believe, but noticeable, and enough to prevent you from getting the top odds there. Might be a measure to give their market maker an edge? Who knows...

smilecloud

For you guys that are still using the classic version, are you getting the bug that an error msg will pop out saying
    not able to take bets from your region and you have to close the browser and then reopen it and matchbook to make it work again?

OnkelChris
    OnkelChris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3243

When it comes to trading 3-5 seconds is like eternity. So actually every trader has to prefer the classic version over the new one. Makes no sense to me. Maybe Matchbook Mike could make a statement regarding this issue.

RealSlimShady

I think they should forget about the new version. Everyone seems to prefer the old one....

MatchbookMike
    MatchbookMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2288

Hi guys,

Sorry I'm only picking this one up now.

Firstly, to address any concerns over a time delay when placing bets - we have definitely not introduced any kind of delay that would give one customer an advantage over another. Even if we were that sinister!, Matchbook users and exchange users in general are shrewd enough to notice and our reputation wouldn't last very long!

I do have to hold my hand up though and say that we have been experiencing some teething problems with the site over the last 7 days - these have now been identified and fixes are either in place, or on the way.

These issues might explain some delays while trying to submit bets; but, before we started experiencing the issues, placing bets took somewhere in the region of 200ms to 1 second. These times are far faster than the classic Matchbook website and also, I hope you'll agree, most other betting websites.

For those that still prefer the classic website, we have some new functionality on the way in the next few months, including Shortlist and Search, which will allow you to tailor the new site in all the ways you enjoyed the old one. Don't worry, we'll keep Classic alive while all this is going on, and until we're confident that you have everything you need to make an easy transition across.

Keep the feedback coming.

Thanks,

Mike

OnkelChris

The update rate is not ideal. Bettors usually apprectiate the option of a manual refresh button. Any plans on this? The classic version has that feature.

RealSlimShady

Mike, is there any way to view all MLB games at once on the classic site rather than just AL or NL?

MatchbookMike

Mike, is there any way to view all MLB games at once on the classic site rather than just AL or NL?
    Unfortunately not, if you want to see all baseball games, without having to move around too much, I would definitely recommend using the new site.

Thanks,

Mike

MatchbookMike

Quote Originally Posted by OnkelChris View Post
    The update rate is not ideal. Bettors usually apprectiate the option of a manual refresh button. Any plans on this? The classic version has that feature.
    The new Matchbook website uses a technology called websockets which updates the odds display instantly when there is a change. This removes the need for a refresh button.

Odds on the new site will update faster than they would on old site, even if you were constantly hitting the refresh button.

Thanks,

Mike

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

My buddy in Canada plays there amd he prefers new version as it is much more user friendly especially for bettors looking at multiple games. Any new software takes some time to perfect. Auto line updates much better than auto refresh .
    Mike keep up the excellent work.

the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by smilecloud View Post
    For you guys that are still using the classic version, are you getting the bug that an error msg will pop out saying
    not able to take bets from your region and you have to close the browser and then reopen it and matchbook to make it work again?
    yes!

the_situation

Quote Originally Posted by the sink View Post
    yes!
    clear cookies/cache and it should fix issue..recommend using CCleaner

Gallin
    Gallin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2687

Terrible delays today on the new site. Classic site is crawling slow as well. Took me like 10minutes to get a bet in finally via the classic site.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am also getting killed tryin to keep API open. Not sure what the problem is but its ugly.

the_situation

Quote Originally Posted by Gallin View Post
    Terrible delays today on the new site. Classic site is crawling slow as well. Took me like 10minutes to get a bet in finally via the classic site.
    fine on my end right now

RealSlimShady

Quote Originally Posted by MatchbookMike View Post
    Unfortunately not, if you want to see all baseball games, without having to move around too much, I would definitely recommend using the new site.

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike, tried the new site today. Slowly growing on me. Will probably use it going forward from now on.

Jimmer Fredette
    Jimmer Fredette's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7069

Mike,

I've had some issues with the new betslip. I've cancelled an unmatched bet, and the bet vanishes for two seconds, and then pops up on my betslip again, almost as if it hasn't been cancelled at all. I do this over and over again, and it still will not go away.

I've logged into the classic site after doing this and the bet is in fact cancelled, but on the new site its impossible to tell(and a little worrying).

OnkelChris

You have to be careful. You will get two options for unmatched bets. One is "cancle" the other is "discard". When you discard an unmatched bet it reappears. Already lost money due to this crap. The "discard" option on unmatched bet is totally misleading. MB should fix that.

RealSlimShady

Anyone having issues logging in new site? When I log in, I occasionally get logged out right away. Message says I'm getting logged out most likely due to inactivity.

OnkelChris

Same here. Sometimes it works sometimes not....the new page is still a huge construction site! Very annoying. Try the classic. Should work for you

RealSlimShady

Quote Originally Posted by OnkelChris View Post
    Same here. Sometimes it works sometimes not....the new page is still a huge construction site! Very annoying. Try the classic. Should work for you

Yes, I was getting used to the new site, but have gone back to the classic site. Yesterday was a bad day for glitches......

Jimmer Fredette
    Jimmer Fredette's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7069

Anyone having issues logging in new site? When I log in, I occasionally get logged out right away. Message says I'm getting logged out most likely due to inactivity.
    Exact same thing keeps happening to me....very annoying

smilecloud

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer Fredette View Post
    Exact same thing keeps happening to me....very annoying
    The same thing happened to me as well, seems that the next site is very unstable, sometimes it will just stop refreshing the odds while the old site still functions correctly, sometimes the odds will just keep bouncing back and forth from the current odds and previous ones, sometimes when you try to place a bet, an error msg will pop up preventing you from doing that, I already saw several diffrent error msgs,
    such as "*** method not allowed', 'requested resource not available'. I have to refresh the whole page manually a couple of times to make it work again, or even have to logout and login a couple of times.
    To sum it up, the new site is in place for quite a while, but still a long way from bug free.

RealSlimShady

The new Matchbook site isnt working too well today for me. Anyone else have issues with it?

BeardedTaco
    BeardedTaco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

hey when is the VIP program kicking in Mikey?

lol