daddypoker23
    daddypoker23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Help me understand why?

Don't understand why some of you guys give action to any book that is graded below B? If you guys do and get f*&*K you deserve it. For being greedy.

I got f(*&K at one book and had to learn my lesson the hard way.. The book offered great bonus and soft lines.. But the problem was.. They don't pay.. so whats the point of getting the best of it if your going to get free rolled? learn from me and what am telling you..

Screw those bonus and focus on the higher books such as pinnacle (the best in my opinion) and betchris.. They give big action and always pay.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Using books with D or worse grade is unnecessary risk, agreed about it.

However, there's some B and C books worth of the risk. Many times, you can get much better odds then Pinnacle or Betfair since these books are very slow to move lines. For example, Esbjerg was 2,40 today at Pinnacle and I picked it +170 (2,70) at a softbook. Examples are many. Pinnacle has reduced juice and great odds but there's a problem: Lines/odds are very sharp. The winner side is usually juiced. If you shop around the market, you have a chance to find better odds then pinnacle. Sometimes, you won't get paid, you will face unpleasent problems like account suspend/bet limit restrictions/slow payment etc but still, it's worth of it. There's a hidden treasur in these square books. Pinnacle is a very sharp book and believe me, it's not easy to beat Pinnacle.
    Last edited by Sawyer; 07-22-13 at 12:39 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

Quote Originally Posted by daddypoker23 View Post
    Don't understand why some of you guys give action to any book that is graded below B? If you guys do and get f*&*K you deserve it. For being greedy.

I got f(*&K at one book and had to learn my lesson the hard way.. The book offered great bonus and soft lines.. But the problem was.. They don't pay.. so whats the point of getting the best of it if your going to get free rolled? learn from me and what am telling you..

Screw those bonus and focus on the higher books such as pinnacle (the best in my opinion) and betchris.. They give big action and always pay.
    i totally agree, but another reason (especially in US) is alot of gamblers cant say no to a big bonus and take the risk...i never take them, so theres no point in risking my $ at small books...and also why ive never been stiffed for 1 penny in 15yrs offshore either....but to each his/her own...guess its just each player's personal prefernce and risk assessment of what books are good for them..
    Last edited by 5mike5; 07-22-13 at 01:15 PM.

Fitz030808
    Fitz030808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16504

Its definitely safer to stay with a B or above grade. Lets be honest though, its just a grade. It really doesn't mean anything. Betislands was a B and look what happened with that. 1.5 million dollars worth of customers money would disagree with your B assessment. At any time, any of these books could get shutdown just like Legends. Its a risk with an A+. I'm not saying 5dimes is like a Dimeline but nothing is 100% safe. If you believe that, you're kidding yourself.

Wannabe_winner
    Wannabe_winner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some people (like me) didn't know that the book was downgraded or maybe never heard of this site?

Or find this site too late?

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Don't give too much credit on bookie grades. Betislands was B and what happened?

Bet365 is A book? You gotta be kidding me..

timbaland99
    timbaland99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Speaking of sbr ratings for each book. Why is the link not working to see individual grades? When I click the link, it says link broken or link does not exist. Has this info been moved?

brendon
    brendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20365

Different people have different methods. I've been stiffed by 3 books in the past 12 months for a total over 10k...I still play at D and C books. I'm quite aware of the risk and I can tolerate it.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

idiots

never been stiffed

only play at books that will pay me if i get to an amount to w/d

guess i'm lucky when i once played betonline i never got my account up high enough... prob been stiffed

first book i ever played at was horse shit.... i didn't know it, i lost my money.... glad i did. wouldn't have been paid prob there too

i don't give a shit bout a bonus, put in money and pick winners if u want to make money

rewards programs are better
    Points Awarded:

5mike5 gave ThaTopMoron 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jimbo747
    jimbo747's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Me? Bonuses. I don't have the skill or knowledge to gamble successfully so my 'edge' for want of a better word is their cash, and yes I am greedy, but I imagine most of us prefer to win money than lose it... Only ever been caught out by beted for a very small amount yet have done very well out of it for the last 7 or 8 years. I've played at places like strykke, goldvictory, bet911, portlandbet, bettingstar24 and all manor of other dodgy looking books, but have been paid by all of the ones I've listed at least once. Forget SBR ratings, they're mostly meaningless and only changed retrospectively, by which time its too late anyway. Its about reading the signs, player feedback from various forms, researching the parent company / owner, knowing whether they accept US customers (a big red flag for me at the moment), who they're licensed by, where they operate from, if they've been mentioned on MSE (another red flag), and if things do go wrong, knowing exactly who to contact (like I had to with geobet recently, I was one of the first players to be paid up after speaking to Peter). Or common sense as I like to call it.
    Last edited by jimbo747; 07-23-13 at 09:42 AM.

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brendon View Post
    Different people have different methods. I've been stiffed by 3 books in the past 12 months for a total over 10k...I still play at D and C books. I'm quite aware of the risk and I can tolerate it.
    What were the one's other than yesbet?

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Answer is simple... "Welcome Bonus!"