thomasnwalton
    thomasnwalton's Avatar Become A Pro!

ladbrokes not paying out!!

hi,

Last wednesday 26th June, race at Kepmton 7.20 finished a dead heat between an even horse and a 14-1, even the the evens won very clearly.

I accepted the photo even though I thought it was crazy decision.

Two days ago, the judge amended the result, making the even favourite horse the clear winner (which was obvious).

William Hill and other bookies have paid out, and ladbrokes arent for some reason.

Should I file a complaint as I staked a lot of money, or what do you suggest?

Kind Regards.

daejeon
    daejeon's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would certainly do. however i am not sure if sbr can go bat for you in this case. you need to contact IBAS to dispute the wager

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

some bookies pay out as a good will gesture

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Usually horses is declared official after weight in, any part of the world.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    some bookies pay out as a good will gesture
    this is the answer.

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

Ladbrokes' rules:
    If the result is not immediately available from the PA, the result published by the official governing body immediately after the match/event is finished will be used for settling purposes. Any subsequent corrections or amendments to this result will not apply for settlement purposes.
    William Hill, Paddy Power, Skybet and Stan James are amongst those who have decided to pay out in full on Extra Noble as a goodwill gesture.

The judge has been been told his services are no longer required.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still looks bad on Ladbrokes. All the others pay out but not them..

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993425

If the result is not immediately available from the PA, the result published by the official governing body immediately after the match/event is finished will be used for settling purposes. Any subsequent corrections or amendments to this result will not apply for settlement purposes..
    Their rule is written very clearly but as others have mentioned sometimes books make good faith gestures. They aren't obligated to, however.

bakayoko
    bakayoko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Unfortunately your goose is cooked here as Ladbrokes for some reason are taking a real hard line stance on this and are refusing to payout. They are covered in their terms for this but really its a hidden clause not to pay out on a confirmed winner. In my mind this is the same as stealing money because the customer has backed the winner and they have not paid out. I have wagered a half a million with Ladbrokes in the last 2 years. I had 500 euro on extra noble so they have stolen 500 euro from me. They didnt bat an eyelid when I closed my account over this issue. I would advise anyone out there to do same and get rid of these tight fisted money grabbers and CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT WITH LADBROKES. Join one of the bookies who did the honest decent thing and paid out correctly.

rodneytrotter
    rodneytrotter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 760

So all of the customers who backed the 14/1 shot and were paid out and haven't returned it (!) have stolen money as well?

You have to draw a line somewhere and they must think refunding bets on the drug cheat Al Zarooni's horses earlier in the year bought them some goodwill.

bakayoko

Not quite the same thing - Im pretty sure not too many people were on the 14/1 shot in the first place but obviously a lot of punters and a lot of money on the evens fav. Hence the non payout from Ladbrokes. All I know is its hard enough to back a winner and when you do you should get the correct payout. Its simple. Call it what you wish - good will gesture or justice payout - it should be paid.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rodneytrotter View Post
    So all of the customers who backed the 14/1 shot and were paid out and haven't returned it (!) have stolen money as well?

You have to draw a line somewhere and they must think refunding bets on the drug cheat Al Zarooni's horses earlier in the year bought them some goodwill.
    You're supposed to give the customer the benefit of the doubt. And if theres confusion they normally check what the other books have done...
    If they are punishing the actual winners because they have paid out on the wrong horse - then thats not fair.

Also Do they have a "first past the post" rule? I dont follow horses at all, but a while ago my horse (jockey) cheated or some shit finished 1st but got DQ - i still got paid..as it crossed the line 1st..... maybe this rule can over ride the other term which seems very general and not specific to horse racing.
    good luck, anyways.
    Last edited by onemoregoal; 07-04-13 at 08:29 AM.

bakayoko

Its just proof of how good or bad the companies you are dealing with are. I hope people take notice of who has paid out and the very few who have not paid out. To me its a no brainer - close account and move to a firm that are more customer friendly and who are able to put common sense and fair play above terms and conditions.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do not think this issue is as cut and dry as some posters think. Without these types of rules as safeguards the books would be open for huge liabilities. What if this happened in a breeders cup or triple crown race? The book pays out both horses half and then when an official result is later changed the book has to pay again? Some major races have huge amounts of money at stake, the book would be foolish not to protect itself

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    Also Do they have a "first past the post" rule?
    No they pay out double result (FPTP and official) on UK/Ireland racing.

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

Have you contacted them? Maybe asking them nicely will work.