touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

We are talking about greed and the difference between a sharp and a smart sharp. The saying is "you can skin a sheep once but you can sheer it over and over"... so a smart sharp is not going to take a service that they want to keep as an out for more than 2 to 3 dimes a month as long as they give value to the house. Meaning the house can use the sharps action to push off of on certain markets and/or lines. If you kick in their door and slam them for 10 dimes or more you will not be welcome long at almost all places. Hit them repeatedly for 5 dimes a month or useless action such as steam moves or bonus whoring and arbing out the bonus at another service are all things that will get old fast... All good shops will keep a sharp that only takes a bit every month or even gets to know management and asks them where they need heavier action. If this is the kind of player you are... like it was stated, clearing 3 dimes a month consistently is the first priority then worry about getting paid and quite a few good services have been mentioned that will take the kind of action I just profiled.

roanildinho
    roanildinho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

So i guess what you described is a hustle . I guess that makes sense. But asking management for what you should bet on???

why would anyone EVER do that?

how would one ask them??

touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

If your in good, then everyone knows the deal and you are a quantifiable variable on the houses sheet. That is why you sometimes hear about how a guy can keep pulling 50 dimes or whatever the number from a service like 5Dimes or similar shop. They are using that known action to fill the wheel or balance the houses sheet/handle. So if a specific line is heavy on one side then they would say they need action on the other side just like a local bookie will do with a good regular customer. You are a customer that gives value to the service so the service will let you earn, the amount they let you can earn correlates to your value. Also, not just anyone gets in good... that is a whole different topic or thread.

roanildinho

I am assuming that pinnacle sports will allow even without asking.
    But that makes sense Touchback you are very smart.
    What the books does here is also very smart, they are operating a book while having a few players act like an exchange filling in the action that needs filling.

Its a business for both it is not just betting but something both can benefit on more or less.

roanildinho

I am also assuming that then the books will frown upon live betting, and betting minor leagues.

Correct me if i am wrong, but the only books that will allow you to do so is exchanges

dp---kcmo
    dp---kcmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 726

would 5dimes limit you if you were winning 1k a month?

sorinnn
    sorinnn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 226

5dimes is weird in its limiting mechanism.
    I got limited for winning less than 1K while others haven't for winning tons more.
    Maybe because I had a winning parlay on wrestlemania.

Harun
    Harun's Avatar Become A Pro!

bilyoner.com

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

Very very very few people make 3k and up betting every single month

First 12