Jez
    Jez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Partybets, do you think this is fair? Olympiakos-Panathinaikos

So I had 3 bets in Olympiakos-Panathinaikos basketball yesterday. The game was interrupted with one minute or something to go. Later it was just decided the 72-76 is the final result. I had Panathi +3,5 +5,5 and +7,5 so all winning bets.

Today they have cancelled all these bets.

I asked about it and they just pasted some bullshit from their rules:

"Playing Time: If the match is abandoned before the end of the official outcome, the results are regarded to be official if less than 5 minutes are left at the time of abandonment. that means e.g. • “43” minutes of play e.g. for NBA (48 minutes regular playing time) • “35” minutes of play e.g. for WNBA, NCAAB, FIBA (40 minutes regular playing time) If not otherwise stated, this rule applies to all bets. Exception: In “Live betting” the match must be completed for bets to stand. If the match is abandoned at any time then all bets will be void, except bets that were already decided at the time of abandonment."

Do you think this rule is legit? I know other bookers settled live handicaps normally too... My live-bets were made during the first half.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Legit or not...a rule is a rule.

Jez

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Legit or not...a rule is a rule.
    Yeah ok, I`ll open a bookie and add a rule that if u win it will be cancelled anyway, rule is a rule right?

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jez View Post
    Yeah ok, I`ll open a bookie and add a rule that if u win it will be cancelled anyway, rule is a rule right?
    Agree with you on this.
    But in your case the rule is fair. Losing bets should have been refunded also so in the long run it should even out. The book isnt really taking advantage of anything, unless they keep the losing sides money - which is possible.

filipinho
    filipinho's Avatar Become A Pro!

This rule is SUPER FAIR!!!Someone else was lucky this time.

Jez

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    the book isnt really taking advantage of anything, unless they keep the losing sides money - which is possible.
    I think it`s very likely they kept the losing sides money.

Could someone here perhaps confirm or deny this?

Quote Originally Posted by filipinho View Post
    This rule is SUPER FAIR!!!Someone else was lucky this time.
    What I dont get it is why someone should be lucky this time and why I should be unlucky.

Why not just settle winners as winners and losers as losers. 72-76 is the official final result anyway.

filipinho

I think it`s very likely they kept the losing sides money.

Could someone here perhaps confirm or deny this?
    Not true in case of Bwin group, rules are clearly visible for all players.

What I dont get it is why someone should be lucky this time and why I should be unlucky.

Why not just settle winners as winners and losers as losers. 72-76 is the official final result anyway.
    The result of the bet wasnt determined before interruption, Olympiakos could still won by +20 points after OT, and grading Olympiakos bets as lost wouldnt be fair to players who favoured them.This rule is clear, and you accepted it by placing this bet.You should be angry only on greeks.

So how would you grade bets if player A placed bet on Olympiakos and player B on Panathinaikos just seconds before match abandonment?

I wont waste more of my time in this thread, you shouldnt too.Regards

teaz2win
    teaz2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

So I had 3 bets in Olympiakos-Panathinaikos basketball yesterday. The game was interrupted with one minute or something to go. Later it was just decided the 72-76 is the final result. I had Panathi +3,5 +5,5 and +7,5 so all winning bets.

Today they have cancelled all these bets.

I asked about it and they just pasted some bullshit from their rules:

"Playing Time: If the match is abandoned before the end of the official outcome, the results are regarded to be official if less than 5 minutes are left at the time of abandonment. that means e.g. • “43” minutes of play e.g. for NBA (48 minutes regular playing time) • “35” minutes of play e.g. for WNBA, NCAAB, FIBA (40 minutes regular playing time) If not otherwise stated, this rule applies to all bets. Exception: In “Live betting” the match must be completed for bets to stand. If the match is abandoned at any time then all bets will be void, except bets that were already decided at the time of abandonment."

Do you think this rule is legit? I know other bookers settled live handicaps normally too... My live-bets were made during the first half.

Remember there is another side to those wagers. The book lost out on winnings from those guys too just like the made back the money you were going to get paid. If they actually cancelled the wagers for the winning plays and kept the action on the losing plays there would be more then just you here on the threads complaining. Trust me.

filipinho

Quote Originally Posted by teaz2win View Post
    Remember there is another side to those wagers. The book lost out on winnings from those guys too just like the made back the money you were going to get paid. If they actually cancelled the wagers for the winning plays and kept the action on the losing plays there would be more then just you here on the threads complaining. Trust me.
    Yes, Bwin lost their juice, it would be better for them to grade bets as OP said...
    Last edited by filipinho; 06-14-13 at 03:30 AM.

Jez

It wouldn`t be the first time they settle or cancel bets how they want to. I`m not saying they necessarily did this time but it would not surprise me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by filipinho View Post
    The result of the bet wasnt determined before interruption, Olympiakos could still won by +20 points after OT, and grading Olympiakos bets as lost wouldnt be fair to players who favoured them.
    But cancelling winnings for players who favoured Panathi is fair you say? My bets were made during first half and 72-76 announced as final result.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

so you actually want us to believe that you would have not complained if you would have had Olimpiakos -3,5 -5,5 and -7,5? in that case, like anyone of us, you would have searched in their T&C to see if they have a rule to cancel your bets if the match is interrupted and you would have started a thread here about Partybets refusing to apply their rule and cancel you bets ...

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

It wouldn`t be the first time they settle or cancel bets how they want to. I`m not saying they necessarily did this time but it would not surprise me at all.
    Wouldnt be a first and it wouldnt surprise me either.

That said, nothing wrong with their ruling in this case as everyone has stated already, unfortunately. Tough luck is all.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The live bet reasoning is there to prevent you betting when it looks like the match will be abandoned. It makes sense in that context, and I guess they didn't want to have to decide on marginal cases so had the rule apply to all live bets.

teaz2win
    teaz2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

But cancelling winnings for players who favoured Panathi is fair you say? My bets were made during first half and 72-76 announced as final result.

The problem is that if they let this wager stand the guys that were losing would call up and say .. listen according to your rules this game didnt go the full time limit so it should be cancelled. They cant pay the winners and push the losers. That doesnt make sense.