Amphiptere
    Amphiptere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Oddsmaker Threats

Sorry for the length, but this is what is happening to me at the moment:

I have been getting some extremely rude and threatening emails from Tony Massina, the "Head of Security & Fraud" at oddsmaker.ag.

Let me start from the beginning:

After playing at oddsmaker for a couple years and not really having any major problems, I started reading reviews of the site from here and from various posts around the web. Most of the comments caused great concern, so I decided I would close my account and be done with them. I sent a couple requests to oddsmaker to have my account disabled. Each one was ignored. I then thought I would try something else. Having just deposited and losing $50, I was fed up with the site, and sent them an email that stated if they again ignored my request to close my account, that I would contact my bank and have the transaction rejected. I mere threat as an effort to get someone to listen to my request to have my account closed. The next day I was unable to log in and my account was deactivated. Just what I wanted.

A few days later I got an email from Tony that said if I disputed the legitimate transaction, they would take legal action against me. I replied that I did not dispute anything and was merely trying to get someone's attention so they would close my account. He replied "fair enough". Two minutes later he sent me this email:

"Problem is we already refunded your deposits and your file is in the legal department being readied for legal action. You owe us $3420 and our laywers have already filed paperwork to take action against you for fraud."

I then checked my bank account, and sure enough, several deposits were refunded to my account. The total amount refunded was $1,731.55.

I emailed Tony and told him that I did not request to have any deposits refunded and I did not dispute any transactions with my bank. I also asked him where he got that number of $3420 from, as $1,731.55 was credited to my account.

This was Tony's exact response:

"Are you stupid? My ;lawyers are gonna sue you badly. We had to refund your deposits due to your threats and therefore you woe us the money you thief"

I then said that I didn't know what he was talking about, and that I only threatened to dispute ONE transaction, and since my account got disabled, I never did.

This was Tony's next response, and is a direct quote:

"penetrating lying scum!!!!"

I asked which part of my email was a lie, and told him that my bank could verify that I never disputed anything.

This was Tony's response:

"You are a penetrating retard. We HAD to refund because you THREATENED to asshole! So penetrate off while our lawyers ruin your life"

My next email to him calmly asked where I should send the check for $1,731.55 so I could correct the error they made. I have not yet received a response, but I have a feeling I know what it will be like.

Do you have any advice for me, or have you heard of this happening to anyone else?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Amphiptere

The system seems to have replaced every "fu@k, with penetrate". Obviously, that is not what he said...

touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pal, about a dozen OPs are going to come into this thread and say you are better off not playing or sending these guys any money. Also, they are not going to do sh1t except for one thing. If you or your bank did charge them back you are now on the charge back list and will probably be a strictly cash customer in the future at many services.

jasong89
    jasong89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

First off, I would cancel any debit/CC you used with your bank immediately so this nut has no way of debiting your account. If he has your checking account info, I might close and reopen it too letting them know someone you don't trust has your info. I wouldn't send these fools at this F-rated book a dime of their "refunds" back however they came into your hands. Just stop replying to them. Most of the few sites you can trust these days are cash only anyway so treat whatever you got back from these clowns as an early Christmas present.
    Last edited by jasong89; 05-13-13 at 02:20 PM.

daringly
    daringly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4671

If Oddsmaker sues you, I'll defend you pro-bono. I'd love to see them try.There's no way they can do this for more reasons than I can count.

touchback

Amphi, now your good to go. Daringly has your back... like I said, Oddsmaker cannot and will not do anything. Ignore their nonsense emails, they mean nothing and they are notorious for getting over on depositing customers. You should not be playing there anyway, no one should.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their lawyers........Tell them to go fck themselves, move on and dont give it another thought.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10728

They cannot do anything. It goes both ways . If a book folds up taking your money (BI) You are left high and dry.If you end up in a positive situation which is more rare , they cannot do anything either.

johnpendred
    johnpendred's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a joke! just imagine if this was tony at 5d! as much as i dont like the decision he made on my account, he is not scared of anything. and if you treatened tony he would just close ur account and say cya. good luck man just stay the hell away from them

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Something smells here...... rather than close your account, why not just leave it unfunded, and lose the login info?

Amphiptere

Update:

Tony is insisting I send the money to some random person in the Philippines.

This was my response:

Yah I'm not comfortable sending $1,000 to a random person in the Philippines. It'd be too easy for you to claim it never happened, or that you don't know that person is after it is sent. I'm willing to send the money to oddsmaker, or an affiliated business, or your lawyers. What is the name of their law firm? Maybe I should deal with them directly.

This was his:

Bastard!! I penetrating told you we do not take checks. You bastard!!! Either send the penetrating ** as that is the ONLY option or Is wear to the lord almighty my lawyers will ruin your name and credit and sue you through the penetrating teeth. You have proof you send a ** with a receipt you bastard!! I need to enter the ten digit control # on my end you bastard!!! Oddsmaker is based out of the Philippines you penetrating bastard!

Majman
    Majman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiptere View Post
    Update:

Tony is insisting I send the money to some random person in the Philippines.

This was my response:

Yah I'm not comfortable sending $1,000 to a random person in the Philippines. It'd be too easy for you to claim it never happened, or that you don't know that person is after it is sent. I'm willing to send the money to oddsmaker, or an affiliated business, or your lawyers. What is the name of their law firm? Maybe I should deal with them directly.

This was his:

Bastard!! I penetrating told you we do not take checks. You bastard!!! Either send the penetrating ** as that is the ONLY option or Is wear to the lord almighty my lawyers will ruin your name and credit and sue you through the penetrating teeth. You have proof you send a ** with a receipt you bastard!! I need to enter the ten digit control # on my end you bastard!!! Oddsmaker is based out of the Philippines you penetrating bastard!
    I think this guy wants to penetrate you.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

relax man, nobody will sue you.
    Nobdody forced him to return your money either, this isnt fraud.
    Id be more worried a lunatic has my address, though..he seems angry
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: retard

harvesters
    harvesters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6665

I wouldn't worry about a service that says they don't take cheques suing you! Methinks they will just chalk it up to employee error and move on. It's not that much money.

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

for all those following along - don't threaten chargebacks

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine Stoop View Post
    for all those following along - don't threaten chargebacks
    While I agree, almost all of the blame for this situation is them, they should have acknowledged his request to close his account.

touchback

Unreal. I would repeat though, Oddsmaker has ripped so many people off this is probably a little Karma. I would not send them a penny ever under any circumstances and they have zero legal position to go forward with any legal actions. In fact, I would just change my email and ignore this Tony guy. I must admit though, the emails are funny so keep posting them every time you get one.

johnpendred
    johnpendred's Avatar Become A Pro!

why is noone from SBR helping this guy? i would ignore every email tony send you?

Amphiptere

Quote Originally Posted by johnpendred View Post
    why is noone from SBR helping this guy? i would ignore every email tony send you?
    I got a personal message from SBR. I was advised to return the money, if it was any site but oddsmaker. Considering they make a business out of cheating people, they don't deserve a penny. Honestly though, I still may have returned it, if Tony wasn't so rude. He needs a lesson in how to get people to do things for you.
    Last edited by Amphiptere; 05-14-13 at 01:22 PM.

touchback

Amphi... maybe you should make a donation on Tony and Oddsmakers behalf to gamblers anonymous if you feel bad about receiving the money and then email him a copy of the donation. Then post his response on SBR so we can all get a good laugh.

goombah
    goombah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3161

A long time ago, my close friend had an incident where Bowman's overpaid about 7k. Bowmans hired the biggest lawfirm in Toronto to file a civil claim against my friend and got a judgment against him. So I have seen that even though these bookmakers are in the UK, Costa Rica or whereever, they can do legal stuff if they want.

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4730

I thought Oddsmaker was out of business a long time ago. I would square up with any decent shop that I play with but this group...screw em!

DimSum
    DimSum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7388

How about donate that money to the betislands victims