BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Costa Rican books hacked by US Government today? (Rumor)

I just got a call who mentioned something very interesting...

Some guy called from BetAtlas... He was trying to get me to post up... havent been active with them in a long time... blah blah blah... typical cold calling this time of the year.

Anyway, he asks if I still bet, I say yes of course.... he says where and please dont tell me BetUS... I said nope, I have accounts at matchbook, 5dimes, greek, and bet jamaica.

He then tells me that 5dimes, bookmaker and bodog, and a bunch of other ones, are right up the street from there offices and allegedly got hacked by the US Government today when these sites were down. Does anyone know if these sites went down today? He goes on to say that obviously if they legalized it, they would be in the sites instead of Costa Rica right now....blah blah blah... but the US government is pissed and wants to know whos betting and who to go after.. blah blah blah.

I';m about 99.9% sure it was NOT true... but just wondering if Justin or anyone else heard this rumor as well. He asked how i deposited, i told him CC... and he said watch your bank account in the next month and see what happens.. He also said that the ** that most of those books use down in Costa Rica is actually FBI-owned, which is why BetAtlas has you send ** to Nicaragua and Phillipines, etc etc.

Sorry for posting something that is most likely bullshit, but just thought I'd see if anyone heard similar.

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

honestly i doubt it, but SBR hopefully will respond with a few answers or inquiries

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    but the US government is pissed and wants to know whos betting and who to go after.. blah blah blah.
    Well, since it has been ruled in court that the wire act can not be used against individuals gambling in chance games, that would make it hard to have proof of placing only sports bets and not just gambling in general. Furthermore, the Wire Act has never be used against a person placing the bet. Not-to-mention, it is perfectly legal to gamble online in several states...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    He also said that the ** that most of those books use down in Costa Rica is actually FBI-owned, which is why BetAtlas has you send ** to Nicaragua and Phillipines, etc etc.
    Now, I try only to use **, but I have sent money to Costa Rica several times...

SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its all DOS attacks , thats a new sales line .. hahah they US gvt WILL GO AFTER THE BIG ONES.. so play with the small ones.. your money will be safe

The attacks are coming from Russia and they always ask for money.

I give this sales rep 1 ounce of credit for thinking outside the box

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Perhaps the US has found weapons of mass destruction in Costa Rica?

What a crock, unless there is a book funding a terrorist group.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

5dimes was never down today as far as I know

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

unreal

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

A complete bogus story.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Legends is based in Panama and has been down the better part of the day.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guy from BetPhoenix told me that the DOS attack was one of the most complex they have seen to date, don't know what that means other than it sucks balls.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

I didn't have an issue with bookmaker but I know others did. However I couldn't access my Cris account today. 5dimes and pinny weren't down as far as I know.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Is SBR looking in to this situation.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Brian...Thanks for telling that story of Bet Atlas's story. I guess if you have a small book with no reputation you have to get creative, but they have marked themselves as a scam book. If they're going to tell such whoppers to get deposits in, just think what kind of nonsense they'll throw at someone trying to get money out.

This isn't the first time they've pulled this kind of stuff:

6/21/2005 03:24 AM
    SBR Bill Dozer reports: Atlas International fingered for dishonest marketing. OSGA states that betatlas has published promotional flyers with a false endorsement from their company. Atlas management said it would be issuing an apology and investigating the source of the marketing mistake.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Bodog is not even located in Costa Rica.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dogs View Post
    Is SBR looking in to this situation.
    Yes sir, we published 3 news wires yesterday on the DOS attacks.

View reports

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

If the U.S. gov hacked these books they would never know.

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by DukeJohn View Post
    Well, since it has been ruled in court that the wire act can not be used against individuals gambling in chance games, that would make it hard to have proof of placing only sports bets and not just gambling in general. Furthermore, the Wire Act has never be used against a person placing the bet. Not-to-mention, it is perfectly legal to gamble online in several states...

Now, I try only to use **, but I have sent money to Costa Rica several times...
    It wouldn't be wire fraud that they would be after. I could see them going after U.S. player accounts that have over 10k in them and not reporting it when they file taxes. The IRS considers sports book and poker accounts to be the same as having an offshore bank account, which you are suppose to declare when you file. I forget the particulars but some northern European country hacked a poker site to find out the account details of their citizens. To think the U.S. gov would not try something simular is just naive.

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

It is quiet here in my office, yet the theme song from X-Files can be heard clearly amidst the partial thoughts in my head.

I believe!

cav1x
    cav1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

US gov hacking bookies....haha...yes, and the Gold Victory scam was made by the aliens. I know it from sure source. Aliens.

betbetter
    betbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Bodog is not even located in Costa Rica.

They have a very large presence there.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

i wouldn't believe this