jose121
    jose121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Interwetten - Scam, bet settled using different terms to when bet was placed

Please be carefull if using these guys, they inform you that they deduct 5% from your winnings but then twist things round and deduct 5% from your stake but not from your winnings, this leaves you worse of if you had a large stake.

bet (1) below, I placed 155 UK pounds, with a 5% service service charge on any winnings.
    Freiburg - Hannover 96 (Half-Time/Full-Time) --> H/H 12.04.2013 20:30 H/H 3,20

bet (2) below, I placed 230 UK pounds, with a 5% service charge on any winnings.
    Freiburg - Hannover 96 (Match) 12.04.2013 20:30 3:1 1 1,90

my expected return from bet (1) would be £478.95, they returned me 471.20
    my expected return from bet (2) would be £426.65, they returned me 415.15

I understand the 5% service charge on winnings and accept it as its in their terms and on the wager slip but them applying to the stake instead and then ignoring me for a week is sign of a rogue bookie.

Below is my conversation with their customer support.
    ------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------<wbr>-----------
    message (1) sent by me, My message: 13.04.2013 09:06:26
    I am from the UK England, I placed two bets yesterday and when settled the service charge has been charged to both stake and winnings.

When I am placing bets its is only warning me about the service charge on the winnings.
    ------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------<wbr>-
    message (2) recieved by me from Bernard, Reply Interwetten: 13.04.2013 09:11:29

Dear customer,

thank you for your message.

we have checked your account and bets were calculated correctly. You multiply stake with 0,95 with odd, so 230*0,95*1,9 = 415,15.

Best regards
    Bernhard
    Your Interwetten team
    ------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------<wbr>-----------------
    message (3) sent by me, 13.04.2013 09:31:44
    you have not answered the question, was the service charge on the stake and the winnings or just winning.

230 stake odds 1.9
    207 winnings 207 x 5% = 10.35
    207 - 10.35 service charge = 196.65
    196.65 + 230 stake = 426.65

please can you confirm, has a service charge been charged to my stake, I understand that you service charge winnings but can you show me where it says in your terms and conditions that UK players get their stake charged as well.
    ------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------<wbr>--------------
    I have sent 2 more message since but no one will reply. Its been a while.

I understand the 5% service charge on winnings and accept it as its in their terms and on the wager slip but them applying to the stake instead and then ignoring me for a week is sign of a rogue bookie

jose121

I filed a complaint with SBR last week but no response, are Interwetten a sponsor on here.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jose121 View Post
    I filed a complaint with SBR last week but no response, are Interwetten a sponsor on here.
    This seems to be happening rather frequently. Perhaps someone should complain to SBR about SBR's complaint process.

stevedirtycash
    stevedirtycash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I heard its 5% stake mate . i heard that from some people in germany who use it .
    hope that helps

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

They charge 5% of the profit AND STAKE! unbelievable...

muffins
    muffins's Avatar Become A Pro!

They charge you 5% on the face value of the ticket.

You're say winnings = profit only. They're saying winnings = what the ticket pays. Semantics debate not helped by fact they're German not English, I prefer your interpretation.
    Points Awarded:

jose121 gave muffins 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

They take 5% from stake so if you bet 100 on odds 2, your potential winning is (100-5%)95 x 2= 190. Their calculation is wright,they deduct from stake no matter will you win or not.

jose121

Quote Originally Posted by muffins View Post
    They charge you 5% on the face value of the ticket.

You're say winnings = profit only. They're saying winnings = what the ticket pays. Semantics debate not helped by fact they're German not English, I prefer your interpretation.
    thanks for this reply, I think I will just withdraw and forget about it, I still think they could word it better to stop any misunderstanding but they dont want UK customers especially one that hits their weak lines.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jose121 View Post
    thanks for this reply, I think I will just withdraw and forget about it, I still think they could word it better to stop any misunderstanding but they dont want UK customers especially one that hits their weak lines.
    It seems like everybody would be withdrawing their money if I am reading this thread correctly. This book charges juice, like any other book, and then charges a 5% commission on top of that? I just checked out their rules page and discovered that this book also says it reserves the right to cancel any bet, for no reason, prior to the game starting. Players cannot cancel bets, but this bookie can -- without good reason. Why would anyone play there?

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    It seems like everybody would be withdrawing their money if I am reading this thread correctly. This book charges juice, like any other book, and then charges a 5% commission on top of that? I just checked out their rules page and discovered that this book also says it reserves the right to cancel any bet, for no reason, prior to the game starting. Players cannot cancel bets, but this bookie can -- without good reason. Why would anyone play there?
    People play there just because they are the worst book in the world to adjust their odds, arbers' paradise (until you get limited).

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

do they offer large moneyline favorites? disgusting if they do.

MissEla
    MissEla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Worst bookmaker I've ever used. They charged comission on my initial deposit although, I didn't see that anywhere. Then they took 5% from the first bet that I won there. And now I'm reading that they will take 2% more when I will make a withdrawal.
    I don't see how this bookie can be "arbers paradise" if they take a "tax" for every transaction that you make. Of course, maybe I'm wrong and you can find a lot of 20%+ arbs there what would make it ok for arbers, but I don't think I'm wrong.
    I would never recommend anyone this site. Also I don't understand, how their SBR rating can be so high.
    Last edited by MissEla; 11-24-13 at 09:58 AM.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MissEla View Post
    Worst bookmaker I've ever used. They charged comission on my initial deposit although, I didn't see that anywhere. Then they took 5% from the first bet that I won there. And now I'm reading that they will take 2% more when I will make a withdrawal.
    I don't see how this bookie can be "arbers paradise" if they take a "tax" for every transaction that you make. Of course, maybe I'm wrong and you can find a lot of 20%+ arbs there what would make it ok for arbers, but I don't think I'm wrong.
    I would never recommend anyone this site. Also I don't understand, how their SBR rating can be so high.
    I think the ratings are high because they are a safe reacreational book. They probably charge for money transfers exactly to discourage people to deposit and withdraw 10 times each week. Regarding the 5% it might have to do with the new gambling law in Germany, but I am not sure.

They are a safe recreational book, so I think they deserve their rating.

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

They probably charge for money transfers exactly to discourage people to deposit and withdraw 10 times each week
    It would be true ,if they offered a free withdrawal per month (like pinnacle).The fact they don't offer a free withdrawal per month means that they just want to rob some money.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pellumb341 View Post
    It would be true ,if they offered a free withdrawal per month (like pinnacle).The fact they don't offer a free withdrawal per month means that they just want to rob some money.
    You have a point, but calling it robbery is a bit harsh, after all someone has to pay the commission. Just because most books would pay that commission for the customer, does not mean someone is a thief by not wanting to pay it for the customer.