Betpoints: 1510

I feel your pain

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

erickvivar
    erickvivar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok, so this one is behnke?

So indeed he was steaming, he says a "few", we know how that works. But seriously, how you can have 87% of your wagers equal to another guy, wtf at least do some of your own to pretend and make sure you guys dont login at the same time.

You can give all kind of reasons, but when you are 41 to 1 on average, it is simply busted. Specially if the guy who is using you as a runner is doing it with someone else and "happens" to be your friend. If they start releasing your lines and they happened to be identical and most of them not close to game time or whatever other reason you gave would you say ok, im guilty dont pay me?

Im sure if you proposed such a deal they may jump into it.

InsiderHer
    InsiderHer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5923

Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop View Post
    I am one of the players in question and just wanted to post my side of the story.

First of all, I requested a list of all of my wagers from BetRevolution after they told me they were going to rob me (March 21st) and they have not responded nor sent me a list of the bets in question. It makes it tougher to defend yourself when you can't even see the evidence (I absolutely do not take their stats at face value.) This is really the biggest point. Give me my penetrating wager list.

Secondly, the majority of my bets were close to kickoff to make sure there was no late breaking injury news I wasn't aware of which would affect my bets, and I'm assuming most other players bet close to gametime as well either for the same reason, or because they just got home from work right beforehand or they decide to make a quick bet right before gametime because they just want something to root for, etc. Thus, other players' bets being made in close proximity to mine or at the same line is not surprising. Additionally, I remember a decent chunk of my bets being made on the 2nd half of games, which means anyone who bet the same side as me is going to be betting in the same 15-30 minute window, this is not indicative of anything.

Why the hell would a syndicate be betting $500, and later $250 a game? That is idiotic.

If Peeig and I were supposedly betting all the same lines, 87% no less, why am I up $2,650 on them ($4,000 minus my initial 900 deposit and 450 bonus) and he is apparently up $23,000 or whatever? Tell me how that is logical.

I mainly bet lines at BetRev that were arbs to Pinny. Guess what? A lot of other people do too. FWIW, most of these were not steam bets, they were rogue lines that were hanging for a fairly long time. As people who have played there can attest, Rev is actually quite quick at moving their lines when they not taking an opinion on a public fav, etc. I also bet a fair amount of 3 team Wong teasers there. A lot of other people do that too.

Actually, Rev canceled the few steam bets I tried making there, which is why I gave up on that and simply started hitting their rogue lines, which they did not cancel. I suppose it's easier to steal in one fell swoop than simply cancel every bet individually, so at least they are efficient at thievery, I will give them that.

They should have banned me (and paid me) as soon as they noticed they had to cancel some of my bets due to beating them to line moves. Instead, they kept taking my action in hopes that I would lose it back (and I did - my balance was at $8,000 at one point before I lost half of it back). If you don't want my action, fine. Boot me, but pay me what you owe me.

Almost all of the logic you present offers a clear understanding of what you are. Most posters have no idea what makes you advantaged or not. I know guys betting $25 a bet, most advantaged players bet 2nd half's and all of them are keen on the numbers. The difference between me and betrev is this. If you beat me to the line and bet steam (junk) I'm closing your account and sending you packing. The fact they continued to take your action says a lot about that operation. Oh regarding risk amounts; if you have 10 accounts betting 250 and 500 a side on one game...seriously, that's your argument, LOL.

The Bishop
    The Bishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

Quote Originally Posted by InsiderHer View Post
    Oh regarding risk amounts; if you have 10 accounts betting 250 and 500 a side on one game...seriously, that's your argument, LOL.
    No, my argument is every other paragraph in that entire post.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Bet Revolution is why many US guys are using local bookies. Trash book who is pretty obvious they have no problem receiving money but not paying.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Well done SBR!!! Very impressed!! It just goes to show you..........A book like BetRev that many of us began to deposit at because of the great customer service, great cash bonuses and speedy payouts, in the end turned out to be nothing more than a scam. I appreciate this report as I will no longer risk my funds at BetRev.

erickvivar

Wait, so got a good bonus, they pay you fast, treat you well and they are a scam. I definitely missed something here.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Quote Originally Posted by erickvivar View Post
    Wait, so got a good bonus, they pay you fast, treat you well and they are a scam. I definitely missed something here.
    Why did they take the bets?

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

yes, what you missed is..............IF i were lucky enough to go on a run like the others as mentioned did..... I would be screwed. I would not bet paid. That being said..........it doesnt matter how big your bonus is, how fast you pay, ect. If you dont get paid, whats the point? That is the worse thing a book can do to you, dont you agree?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: face

erickvivar

If you are not into taking shots at the book, stay away, the message is very clear, they dont want you and if you are going to put the comment "What if they said later that Im doing this, and that, etc,etc" the formula is simple: If you happen to show the numbers they are showing, and you and a group of friends are sitting on the phone every night while drinking tea to see when to place the same wager at the same time, then, yes again. Run for the hills.

Otherwise, you are just trolling. You just said it, if you get paid is all good. Any other player is getting paid, even the fearful buddies were getting paid until they got busted.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

BetRev has a pretty damn good reputation prior to this incident. Should be interesting to see how it plays out, but seeing other sites reviews would be nice, because SBR is sure taking a bigger stance on this 30k then they did on the entire BI fiasco. I want to respect their decision, its just seems like it needs to be taken at face value right now.

tto827

Also..... realize this is still in PT, how long did BI threads hang out here, I don't remember it being this long! It's a lose-lose for SBR.

Hopefully BetRev works something out with the players behind the scenes so it works out well for all involved.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop View Post
    I am one of the players in question and just wanted to post my side of the story.

First of all, I requested a list of all of my wagers from BetRevolution after they told me they were going to rob me (March 21st) and they have not responded nor sent me a list of the bets in question. It makes it tougher to defend yourself when you can't even see the evidence (I absolutely do not take their stats at face value.) This is really the biggest point. Give me my penetrating wager list.

Secondly, the majority of my bets were close to kickoff to make sure there was no late breaking injury news I wasn't aware of which would affect my bets, and I'm assuming most other players bet close to gametime as well either for the same reason, or because they just got home from work right beforehand or they decide to make a quick bet right before gametime because they just want something to root for, etc. Thus, other players' bets being made in close proximity to mine or at the same line is not surprising. Additionally, I remember a decent chunk of my bets being made on the 2nd half of games, which means anyone who bet the same side as me is going to be betting in the same 15-30 minute window, this is not indicative of anything.

Why the hell would a syndicate be betting $500, and later $250 a game? That is idiotic.

If Peeig and I were supposedly betting all the same lines, 87% no less, why am I up $2,650 on them ($4,000 minus my initial 900 deposit and 450 bonus) and he is apparently up $23,000 or whatever? Tell me how that is logical.

I mainly bet lines at BetRev that were arbs to Pinny. Guess what? A lot of other people do too. FWIW, most of these were not steam bets, they were rogue lines that were hanging for a fairly long time. As people who have played there can attest, Rev is actually quite quick at moving their lines when they not taking an opinion on a public fav, etc. I also bet a fair amount of 3 team Wong teasers there. A lot of other people do that too.

Actually, Rev canceled the few steam bets I tried making there, which is why I gave up on that and simply started hitting their rogue lines, which they did not cancel. I suppose it's easier to steal in one fell swoop than simply cancel every bet individually, so at least they are efficient at thievery, I will give them that.

They should have banned me (and paid me) as soon as they noticed they had to cancel some of my bets due to beating them to line moves. Instead, they kept taking my action in hopes that I would lose it back (and I did - my balance was at $8,000 at one point before I lost half of it back). If you don't want my action, fine. Boot me, but pay me what you owe me.
    Bingo.

Question?

Has BetRev contacted you apologizing for posting your personal info?

Fr56ank
    Fr56ank's Avatar Become A Pro!

even if they fail to use them in their own

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Erickvivar, you have to be certifiably insane to take the side of BetRevolution in this case and its important that you know it. There is nothing wrong with friends sharing picks with each other and this is just another case of a poorly funded book trying to scam honest players out of their winnings. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT RIDICULOUS RULES they might bury in the fine print, IF THEY BOOK THE BET THEN THEY PAY THE BET, PERIOD!!! BetRevolution has every right to show these players the door but ONLY AFTER THEY PAY THEM IN FULL. If they do not pay these players, their rating should immediately be downgraded to F along with the other no pay scam books.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Eric Vivar sounds like a real douche, for a non Pro.
    Has he been a customer Service rep for BR as long as he's been a member here?!

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesywipe View Post
    yes, what you missed is..............IF i were lucky enough to go on a run like the others as mentioned did..... I would be screwed. I would not bet paid. That being said..........it doesnt matter how big your bonus is, how fast you pay, ect. If you dont get paid, whats the point? That is the worse thing a book can do to you, dont you agree?
    yeah what's the point

facebook. geez, they could do that whenever they felt like. too scary, fuk them

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Eric Vivar sounds like a real douche, for a non Pro.
    Has he been a customer Service rep for BR as long as he's been a member here?!
    Eric gets steamed whenever any customer bets steam. Eric thinks it is OK for books to put up lines and charge juice -- and then tell their customers ( that happened to bet lines that are moving ) that the book doesn't like the picks that the customer made - so it is not going to pay.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Ok if they were conspiring to increase the limits then they shouldn't be paid in full. I'd hold off on calling it a scam. Those words are better suited for SBR and BI.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

.......... how you can have 87% of your wagers equal to another guy, wtf at least do some of your own to pretend and make sure you guys dont login at the same time........
    20 people betting only Lang's picks will have 100% of their wagers equal to eachother ... and probably 3-4 of these people will use the same book

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Ok if they were conspiring to increase the limits then they shouldn't be paid in full.
    it will be BetRev's word against both players word, because for sure there is no prove for that

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Right or wrong, no matter what side of this you're on, isn't the moral of the story....
    Don't deposit at BR anymore?
    Points Awarded:

Courtesywipe gave Jayvegas420 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

matilda1989
    matilda1989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

This is so sad and so funny at the same thing. What if all those players follow the same tipster on their betting ? What if they bet more than 1 M $ and lose all there. Would the bookie ban them ? Its like the story that Bet at Home did to me. Deposited,played and when i tryed to withdraw they said i have connection with other accounts. I reportedto SBR and hey didnt even care to reply to SBR. Just play at pinnacle and stop playing crap bookie. I havent read any bad story about pinny. Limited choises there but your money are same and noone will say you are scamer or dont know what scam bookie might tell to customers to not pay them. Unbeliaveble....

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    it will be BetRev's word against both players word, because for sure there is no prove for that
    Yeah that's the tough part for BetRev if what they are saying is true. Some has to be paid out but if it was actually a plan to just get higher limits it can't be all paid out.

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

So indeed he was steaming, he says a "few", we know how that works. But seriously, how you can have 87% of your wagers equal to another guy, wtf at least do some of your own to pretend and make sure you guys dont login at the same time.
    did you not read the post? and what does steaming have to do with anything? players should be able to bet whatever they want to bet, as long as it's not a blatant line error that the book obviously doesn't intend to offer.

you telling me if you and your trailer park buddies all know the patriots are going to win by 47 because all of you have wet dreams about tom brady, you shouldn't be allowed to all bet on the same game?
    Points Awarded:

swordsandtequila gave lecubs28 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest

If you are not into taking shots at the book, stay away, the message is very clear, they dont want you
    i don't think you know what "taking shots at the book" means, which is not surprising considering your intelligence level. let me spell it out for you:

not everyone is a loser in life and in sports gambling like you, that doesn't automatically make them a scammer
    winners use a little more intuition than "i had a wet dream about brady last night patriots are going to win 84-0 it's a lock"
    people that are not braindead retards will have pretty similar betting patterns especially at a shop like betrev that doesn't move their lines
    this does not equate to taking a shot at the book

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

here's a shocker - people will bet halftime lines that are off what Pinny had during the last NFL season. That's not a syndicate. That's independent players risking their own money against a book that's taking a position.

I imagine my bets were many of the same as these guys. It was always my own money at risk. Does that mean they should be able to take my money as well? How about any of you that sit there and wait for a book to put up poor halftime lines and pounce on them when they do? Do you deserve to be stolen from then?

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Ok if they were conspiring to increase the limits then they shouldn't be paid in full. I'd hold off on calling it a scam. Those words are better suited for SBR and BI.
    wilfred, if you and i both like the bulls tonight, and we both bet the max at heritage sports, are we conspiring to increase the limits? or are we just two players that have an opinion on a game and bet it at the same place?

now change the situation: if you and i both bet the max on the bulls, and we both bet at heritage, but i send you one PM a month, are we conspiring to increase the limits? or are we just two players that have an opinion on a game and bet it at the same place?

erickvivar

Lecubs, its not you and some other guy. It is at least 3 guys, and not one game or two, or three, we are talking about 90+ games where you managed to contact your friend on the spot and agreed to place the wager within minutes of each other. Why would you be doing that?

Im not expecting you to get it right away, but then why would you be putting 200+ identical wagers to your newly found friends, which off course you happen to deny you know them, because you were lovers on the past or some stuff like that.

I know you didnt read BREVs response and their statistics, you are more of a one liner kind of guy.

You dont like your kind to be caught doing their "honest" playing, or "trying to make money". I get you. Troll around.

DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3396

There is a lot of things I like about SBR but seriously you need to come off your high horse here with Heritage\BI fiasco's so fresh in everyone mind.

Report it fine but don't act like BR being a non sponsor has nothing to do with it.

Peregrine Stoop

erickvivar,

Just about anyone who is winning at a book like BetRev will have the same betting pattern.
    They might as well have said, "You and the following players all regularly beat us on the stale lines we have up and our rogue halftime positions. We're taking your money."

Many of us sit there every NFL Sunday and just blast away at the books with lines which are off the market. It's been commonly discussed on the 2p2 Sports Betting forum. Does that mean the book should be able to close our accounts and take our money?
    Last edited by Peregrine Stoop; 04-04-13 at 09:03 PM.

DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3396

Whenever I see a situation like this or the Cory incident I feel the books are in a tough spot. Simply kicking a player out just opens you up for more trying the same thing at some point you have to send a message don't try this shit with us you'll regret it.

Obviously not to same scale but when I kick someone out of my club I don't refund their door fee. You know what the rules are you go and break them their are going to be consequences.

I'm not saying BR shouldn't pay at all just that I understand the premises.

Peregrine Stoop

But, what rules were broken?

These are independent guys who approach sportsbetting the same way. Thus, they were independently making similar bets.

First 12345 ... Last