teh
    teh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Quote Originally Posted by touchback View Post
    You gonna look at everyone buddy... Chris, Bet365... really, what is your agenda. Is this a new plan from the think tanks of K.A.O.S or what... man, where is Maxwell Smart when you need him, or maybe Bond, James Bond.
    Tested these books because as a U.S. citizen they are the only ones I use. I'm curious about other books but not to the level where I would sign up just to check them out. No agenda just always wondering about my own personal security.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova99 View Post
    considering the fact that i get asked my password during live chat and any over the phone transactions i would suspect the sites are not anywhere near the level as a banking site, cant imagine the pw is not in plaintext at a certain point...
    bingo

touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by erickvivar View Post
    It is not about an agenda, those are obvious security concerns. Every serious book should have their login page with SSL, same goes for banking pages where CC or other information is included. Also, no clerk should ask for your password, the moment you ask the clerk "whats my password?" and he is able to tell you, thats it.

If they offer a forgot password and they are able to send you an email that includes your password, done again.

It is all the little details what tells you how things are done. Good thread.
    Erick... just messing with the guy a little... I agree about security on all levels. I have an extensive IT background b4 gaming and it has appalled me overall and across the board how bad network, platform, server... bla bla bla security is. Internal to external I have seen the worst at even well respected outfits... Internally the lack of password change time frames as well as letting lazy a55 individuals use non useful passwords like the same as their logins or 123456 or the even more complicated and harder to decrypt 654321. Cross network database access internally, meaning a person from a low level of being a sales or wagering clerk being able to access CSD active and archived database files... the list goes on and on... one of the worst is the firing of employees and leaving active user logins and passwords for years because the owner does not think it is an issue because the person is no longer in the building... and these are management and administration level users. Also firing executives and leaving super user accounts still available on the network for any particular person the ability to activate if thgey have the rights and lets not forget untrustable IT staff generating multi super user accounts with VPN access as well as the fact that every IT guy in CR thinks it is a personal right of being employed to possess a personal copy of the books database and that they are allowed to give it or sell it to whom they wish whenever they feel like it.... the scariest of them all though from an IT security background (financial level) it all scares the crap out of me every time I run into it and it is every time... and I mean every time. One of my last contracts first thing I did was audit user accounts and found over 30 admins and another 50 manager accounts active and not being used. Immediately went through and any account that had not logged in in last 3 weeks disabled... bla bla bla, next day CSD manager complained how I had disabled 2 wagering clerks... I was like shut up, I disabled over a hundered accounts and fine 2 were disabled by accident, so turn em back on... how hard is that. Frickn useless drama queens with nothing better to do than care about nothing instead of the fact I was doing soemething very important that they should have been doing all along.
    HAHHAahaahah database security, whos database you want... They are readily available for purchase on the black market...got quite a few myself after my years in the biz.

teh
    teh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Quote Originally Posted by touchback View Post
    Erick... just messing with the guy a little... I agree about security on all levels. I have an extensive IT background b4 gaming and it has appalled me overall and across the board how bad network, platform, server... bla bla bla security is. Internal to external I have seen the worst at even well respected outfits... Internally the lack of password change time frames as well as letting lazy a55 individuals use non useful passwords like the same as their logins or 123456 or the even more complicated and harder to decrypt 654321. Cross network database access internally, meaning a person from a low level of being a sales or wagering clerk being able to access CSD active and archived database files... the list goes on and on... one of the worst is the firing of employees and leaving active user logins and passwords for years because the owner does not think it is an issue because the person is no longer in the building... and these are management and administration level users. Also firing executives and leaving super user accounts still available on the network for any particular person the ability to activate if thgey have the rights and lets not forget untrustable IT staff generating multi super user accounts with VPN access as well as the fact that every IT guy in CR thinks it is a personal right of being employed to possess a personal copy of the books database and that they are allowed to give it or sell it to whom they wish whenever they feel like it.... the scariest of them all though from an IT security background (financial level) it all scares the crap out of me every time I run into it and it is every time... and I mean every time. One of my last contracts first thing I did was audit user accounts and found over 30 admins and another 50 manager accounts active and not being used. Immediately went through and any account that had not logged in in last 3 weeks disabled... bla bla bla, next day CSD manager complained how I had disabled 2 wagering clerks... I was like shut up, I disabled over a hundered accounts and fine 2 were disabled by accident, so turn em back on... how hard is that. Frickn useless drama queens with nothing better to do than care about nothing instead of the fact I was doing soemething very important that they should have been doing all along.
    HAHHAahaahah database security, whos database you want... They are readily available for purchase on the black market...got quite a few myself after my years in the biz.
    so wait, i'm not safe with a password of 654321? Great post I really enjoyed reading it.

First 12