ElCartofor
    ElCartofor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Coral - Galacoral Company

Allow me to tell you a couple of facts that I personaly experienced interacting with Coral:

Fact 1 - Account Verification with Galacoral:

Right after I have registered my account with them, before I deposit, I have sent them an email, asking them what I need to do in order to verify my account. Their reply was that I first need to deposit in order to be verified... so I deposited $100. After that, I got an email from help@coral.co.uk instructing me to send my documents to verification@coral.co.uk... so I did.

After about 5 days without an answer, I decided to write to help@coral.co.uk to ask if there are any problems regarding my account verification. A couple of hours later, my account is blocked and I again receive the same email from help@coral.co.uk instructing me to send my documents to verification@coral.co.uk... so I have sent my documents again, but I have also called Coral support...

When calling Coral support department, I was told that verification@coral.co.uk(the email address to where I was instructed to send my documets 2 times) is a dead email address and that no one reads emails sent to that address... she instructed me to send my verification documents to verification@galacoral.com... so I did and evetualy got my Galacora account verified.

Fact 2 - Bets settlement:
    first, the rules from coral.co.uk website:
    -----------------------------------------------
    46. European Ice-Hockey
    46.1 Match Time & Validity
    The following general rules apply to European ice-hockey:
    - all bets will be settled on 60 minutes of play, unless otherwise stated;
    - extra-time will not count;
    - if a match is not completed for any reason it will be made void.
    46.2 Money Line
    Both teams will have prices quoted to win the game, including a price for a tie. However, extra-time will not count.
    ------------------------------------------------

first bet: one of my bets with Galacoral was on a Sweden Ice Hockey game. The bet was a 2-way. After 60 minutes, the game was a "Draw". At first, my bet was settle as a "Lose" although my bet should have been voided.
    I have contacted Coral Support via their messages application on their website and explained my point. After that, they said they are sorry and that I am correct and they have settled my correctly, as a void.

second bet: time has passed and I found myself in the same situation... Sweden Ice Hockey game... 2-way bet... after 60 minutes of play game was draw. Again my bet is settled as a "Lose". Again I contact Coral Support explaining that my bet is not settled as is should have been according to their Online Rules.

The diffrence... this time I am told by "Adam"(from Coral support) that he verified the given bet and that on my Betting Slip it was clearly mentioned that over-time and penalties count, therefor "we will not be voiding your bet on this ocasion".

What "Adam" didn't expect, was that I would have screencaptures with my Betting Slip along with how the Coral page looked when I placed my bet and my Betting Slip's extra information... (I save all my bet slips as screencaptures, you never know when you need them)

Link to screencaptures.

No where on the page, nor on my betting slip was it mentioned that overtime and/or penalties count, like Adam stated. Giving that fact, the "Unless otherwise stated" dosen't apply in this case, and the Online Rules/Europen Ice hockey(http://www.coral.co.uk/help/sports/sports-rules) should apply.

Giving those circumstances, I have addressed my settlement problem to Coral again(both by website messaging and by the email address known to me), providing them with links/attachments to my screencaptures of the bet.
    Usualy I would get a reply the next day, but now, although I have sent repeted messages and emails to Coral, about a week has passed and I have not yet received a single reply.

The sum in question for the bet is a small ammount, but that is not important, as far as I am concerned it could have eather been $1 or $10,000 the problem would have been the same. The important issue, is that an Online Betting company - Galacoral (that operates their betting services under the "Coral" trade mark), have settled a bet outside thier own published rules and when first faced with the fact, they lied and when their lie was proven to be a lie, they refuse further communications.

At the moment I have sent another round of emails, if I do not get a reply from them within 7 days, I will address this lack of honesty to the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner. I advise all that have experienced lack of honesty from a bookie, to compile evidence supporting their case, send those evidences along with a formal complain to the authority that issued the gambling licence to the given bookie and wait for a response.

Upon receiving the response, no matter the outcome, you could also write emails to your National TV stations and/or investigations jurnalists you may know or find by internet... they would love to share your evidence to the masses of people and get a great story out of it.

Can't immagine why they are rated as B+ by SBR.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

They are a shit book , but they are legit one of the bigest high street bookies in the UK , they take forever to solve problems but you will get your money.

ElCartofor

It's not the money I worry about, $26 is not something to worry about, but...

Coral is a book that:

1. dosen't respect it's own rules
    2. serves you lies
    3. they refuse all communication after you prove to them that you were lied by them

That kind of a book should NEVER be rated as B+.

Or at least thats what I think... maybe I am wrong and they should be rated as A+.

Put yourself in my shoes...

1. you take the time to read the rules
    2. you place a bet
    3. upon result of the game you palced your bet on, you expect your bet to be voided
    4. you log in and find out that your bet was settled as a lose
    5. you contact support to let them know that your bet was not settled according to their rules
    6. they tell you that on your betting slip it was "clearly stated" something that would override the rules
    7. you go check your screenshots from the time you placed the bet and you find out that you were considered a jackass
    8. you go to support again and provide them with proof that the "clearly stated" was not stated at all
    9. you get no reply
    10. a couple of days later, you try again
    11. again no answer
    12. you go and send emails to all their known email addresses
    13. again no answer

How does that make you feel?
    Last edited by ElCartofor; 02-11-13 at 01:25 PM.

ElCartofor

Update:

Called them about 1 week ago and was told that they understand my point and that I will get an answer, but they said they can't specifiy a time frame. More then 1 week passed and still no answer.

The problem is that after enough time has passed, you no longer have the right to complain about an issue.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Coral is a joke, just look for a better book and move on bro.

ElCartofor

Got a reply...

"[...]Thank you for your message. I apologize for the delay in responding to it.

I have checked your account and can confirm that the bet [...] has been settled on 2 February 2013."

Can't belive how eluding they are! That reply has nothing to do with the settlement dispute.

I will try a last call to them, if fail again, I will do my first letter to Gibraltar Gambling Commission and I will seek jurnalists in UK willing to further investigate this story.

@caveira - of course I will eventualy move on, but not without fighting for my rights! The main reason this is happening is because most of the bettors just "move on" when this happens, instead of taking a stand and fight for their rights!

If you let a disease untreated, it will only aggravate.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by ElCartofor View Post
    Got a reply...

"[...]Thank you for your message. I apologize for the delay in responding to it.

I have checked your account and can confirm that the bet [...] has been settled on 2 February 2013."

Can't belive how eluding they are! That reply has nothing to do with the settlement dispute.

I will try a last call to them, if fail again, I will do my first letter to Gibraltar Gambling Commission and I will seek jurnalists in UK willing to further investigate this story.

@caveira - of course I will eventualy move on, but not without fighting for my rights! The main reason this is happening is because most of the bettors just "move on" when this happens, instead of taking a stand and fight for their rights!

If you let a disease untreated, it will only aggravate.
    Thanks for posting this. It is well known Coral are a pack of jokers, but to try and cheat customers out of $26...

ElCartofor

After I called them again today and letting them know this is my last attempt to solve this issue with them, in a couple of hours I got an email... in the email I was told that the bet included overtime and penalties.

I replyed saying that there was no mention of overtime/penalties anywhere when I placed my bet.

Got a reply within 10s of minutes... I got told again the they rechecked and the bet had overtime and penalties included and I got a copy paste of rule 46.1

I replyed attaching the bet screenshots and letting them know that the "otherwise stated" does not apply since nowhere was it stated when I placed my bet that overtime and penalties are included.

Got reply again in 10s of minutes... Finaly I got a reply back letting me know that the bet was voided and my money refunded plus an extra $26 as a proof of "goodwill".

It only took about 3 weeks, about 20 emails/messages, 3 calls and elevated heart beats to correctly settle a $26 European Ice Hockey Bet!

I got an extra $26, but no appologies at all for what happend. Guess the UK is running low on gentlemen this days...

ouzoun
    ouzoun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Good info in this thread.

traxmub
    traxmub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10478

Very bad cusstom support. Better dont open account here. I cant enter in my account after 2 bets. I sent documents for verification 5 times on difference emails. And I dont get answer from them. I call on them cusstom support phone for UK outside (24h/7day). Nobody take phone.

traxmub
    traxmub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10478

Today I speak on english with support team of Coral. First time in my life I speak on english . My account was veryfired and unsupended. But my balance is 0.

Bleeth
    Bleeth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

My account was just limited to 0 (zero) on (as much as i have seen) all markets, after being a customer for a few years (of course the account was already severely limited for a long time). Now my question is this: Does Coral review their limits from time to time or should i take my money out of there 'cause there's no more hope what-so-ever of betting with them ?

damnasians
    damnasians's Avatar Become A Pro!

Withdraw

loopback
    loopback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Good thing I read this first before opening an account with coral, thank you!

TennisProFrance
    TennisProFrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have used them for years, very solid, never had any problems with them. They should be an A+ in the same bracket as their peers.