Smurf71
    Smurf71's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heritage Sports is jerking people around

Heritage sports- "by invitation only" book is messing around with whomever wants to join. Every time you call in there is another uncle on the phone who tells you a different story. As a matter of fact they sending out invitations pretty randomly( they don't admit that though ) and many people on this forum have received those.
    After registration I have been calling in for 4 months with a code they gave me. They have been telling me to call back in late August ...so finally I got tired of this and said - "if you send invitations out randomly to people who don't been give a damn, why don't you send one to me!" Guy told me with a dark voice of a monk- "there is nothing we can do for you" as if I was trying to convert him to Islam! That is a result of playing a ball back and forward...

That is one book I will never join, even if they beg me. As much as I hear , they don't like smart players anyway and lower your limits quickly. Once they carefully choose who to let in, they also carefully consider who to throw back out. Good thing is , there are 2 dozens of good books out there, no reason to waste time with them. I was just realizing that I have been knocking on somebody's door to give them my business that they don't even give a damn about and that is something one should never do. If people don't value your business, they ain't gonna treat your right. So do not waste your time with those clowns.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know if they think some government agent is going to join or what.

For a while it was no new clients, now it is no new clients unless you were invited. But the invitations are from mailing lists they are using, and they don't always agree to let you join, even if they sent you a mailer.

They can choose to do business as they want, but it is certainly different, and can be a major turnoff to new customers.

themajormt
    Yanks!!
    themajormt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree with both of your guys comments... I like the fact that they dont just take anyone, this will help with processor issues like other books have. They are also a book that wants to maintain clients and not have shot takes. I would run my book the same way, take care of your loyal customers and not deal with the bullshit that offering big bonuses and offers brings with it.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's a good book. I don't think they're looking for losing players, at least not more than any other book. Of course, with an extremely generous bonus program they may be interested in players who understand the art of 'losing'.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 08-23-09 at 04:06 AM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    It's a good book. I don't think they're looking for losing players, at least not more than any other book. Of course, with an extremely generous bonus program they may be interested in players who understand the art of 'losing'.
    Seems like this is the case. If their in the policy of selectively picking their clients!

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

They are getting a little strange.I called them to see if I could recommend a player to sign up & they said absolutely no problem.I even called twice to make sure.To make along story short,when the guy went to deposit ,they said they were not taking new players at this time

The guy was coming in with a small amount ($500) which I figured would be no problem.I was able to get my friend an account there a year ago.I'm up a decent amount there in 3 years,not sure if this factors in with their decisions.Can't figure this place out as I would think they would want the business.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

A winning player recommending one of his friends should be denied an account if you look at Heritage's selective business model.

A loser recommending a friend will be welcomed with open arms.

Smurf71

One has to be consistant

Well nobody can accuse them in the way they have build up their strategy how to get new players. But when it is "yes" and then it is "no" as if they laughing at you and every time it is a different story, that is not a good sign. Something tells me that they don't like winners and that is red flag nr.2 . I could not care less about their bonus program, I just wanted to play in a good and reliable book, that's all. These guys changing their minds faster that girl changes clothes . I think it is enough said.

SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Heritage is a good shop , but when you say YES to a player you must honor it that is all

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

i got a thing in the mail Friday. I wonder if they will accept me.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Seems like this is the case. If their in the policy of selectively picking their clients!

bingo
    stay away

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16961

Heritage is awesome! I deposited $2000 and got a $600 bonus. I made a lot of offsetting bets using them (scalping) and ran my balance to zero last night. This morning they put my original $2000 back in w/o a phone call. So I invested $2000 and now have a $2600 cash bonus (130% bonus). Needless to say, I don't feel jerked around in the least.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I have never been screwed around by this book. There is a lot of people that talk shit because they can't get an account there. Most books should learn how to conduct themselves like Heritage. Always amazes me the kind of shit you hear from people that don't even play there.

Smurf71

Blessed

Well I see you got yourself account there and that's why you are here to defend them . Good for you! Apparently different people have different experiences with those guys. If you'd be a winner type , you'd probably have been kicked out by now. So make sure you'll stay in.

SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

still , you never hear one bad thing about the people who actually play there .

Solid book , they are just trying new ways of marketing thats all

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course that's how it's done, HH. This thread is just sour grapes.

themajormt
    Yanks!!
    themajormt's Avatar Become A Pro!

HH how have their lines been? I am assuming you scalped MLB and would like to know how they have been lately. Definitely going to re-up there soon.

I think the people that are pissed because they cant get an account there contradict themselves in this thread. Youre saying you want to play there but in the same breath you bash them?? Why would you want to play there then? I like their business model, I dont get how you think its right to tell a book how they should conduct business. I have a 4 year history with them and have been on the positive every year. I dont think it is a win/loss amount, I think they take a lot of factors into the decision to accept a player. They do not let just anyone join so that they dont run the risk of issues with the processors. I have talked to numerous managers at books that have told me about the horrors of chargebacks and how it can ruin relationships with processors.

HedgeHog

Major:

NFL Preseason and MLB lines have been great. I find 2-3 lines per day that are better than anywhere else, including Matchbook.

dark star

I have always been paid quickly by this book & never an inkling of a problem.

I'm up what I consider to be a nice sum in 3 years there.Just disappointed I couldn't get an account for a fellow poster there.

SportGirl
    SportGirl's Avatar Become A Pro!

So what does one have to do to join them? is it by invitation only or anyone can join?

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by SSLP View Post
    still , you never hear one bad thing about the people who actually play there .

Solid book , they are just trying new ways of marketing thats all

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

They gave me a free $1,000 account yesterday.

10X rollover

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

i like them, everythings good so far. how free doug? through the bailout promotion?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90288

I am very happy with them. The only thing I would complain about would be the amount you can bet is only the bonus amount. I received 1100 in bonuses yet I am only allowed to bet the 1100 max bet.

I need to make 30,000 in bets before I can cash out. Yet I am not allowed to bet as much as I want. In five days I have rolled it over 20,000 already.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise since it limits my plays. lol.

tarheelfan72
    tarheelfan72's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have an account there and find that they make the rules up as they go along. Some will be happy, some will not, depending on whether you catch the benefit of their latest whim.

Chuck Sims

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelfan72 View Post
    I have an account there and find that they make the rules up as they go along. Some will be happy, some will not, depending on whether you catch the benefit of their latest whim.
    Can you give an example of rules they make up as they go alaong?

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Quote Originally Posted by spongerat View Post
    i like them, everythings good so far. how free doug? through the bailout promotion?

I got a postcard in the mail, offering a free $1,000 cash account with a 10X rollover. I played there briefly about 5 years ago, so my acct. was not new. They still honored it after telling them that, gave me a new account number. I've rolled it 1.8X, have $800 balance left.

This is invitation only, you need to have been sent the postcard. No bailout promo. Who did they bailout ?

Chuck Sims

Quote Originally Posted by SportGirl View Post
    So what does one have to do to join them? is it by invitation only or anyone can join?
    In the next hour, SportGirl will report getting a fast payout from Heritage in the Payout thread.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I got a postcard in the mail, offering a free $1,000 cash account with a 10X rollover. I played there briefly about 5 years ago, so my acct. was not new. They still honored it after telling them that, gave me a new account number. I've rolled it 1.8X, have $800 balance left.

This is invitation only, you need to have been sent the postcard. No bailout promo. Who did they bailout ?
    Me for one (see post #12 inthis thread). I was given my original $2000 back--which I'm still using (12x rollover).
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 09-02-09 at 06:23 PM.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    They gave me a free $1,000 account yesterday.

10X rollover
    That is pretty sweet! Must be nice!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    I am very happy with them. The only thing I would complain about would be the amount you can bet is only the bonus amount. I received 1100 in bonuses yet I am only allowed to bet the 1100 max bet.

I need to make 30,000 in bets before I can cash out. Yet I am not allowed to bet as much as I want. In five days I have rolled it over 20,000 already.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise since it limits my plays. lol.
    Update I rolled it over way past the 30 now and getting a payout. 55.00 fee for a cashiers check.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Not Jerking me around. Called for payout yesterday, I just had it delivered TODAY JUST NOW.

dark star

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post
    In the next hour, SportGirl will report getting a fast payout from Heritage in the Payout thread.
    Not uncommon from this book

Chuck Sims

Quote Originally Posted by dark star View Post
    Not uncommon from this book
    Even when you do not have an account with them? Sportgirl is a shill. She was busted on the forums for asking about a book she knew nothing about. 1½ hours later Sportgirl reports in the Payout thread getting a quick payout from the book she was thinking of joining.

Chuck Sims

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Not Jerking me around. Called for payout yesterday, I just had it delivered TODAY JUST NOW.

Heritage advertises free monthly payouts. Why did you have to pay $55?

12 Last