Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Thoughts On Bovada

Previous BI member here, thinkin about throwin my money at Bovada. Any thoughts or opinions on them? Thanks.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Like Heritage, DSI, and 5 dimes better. However also liked BI so take with a grain of salt. With the industry nowadays probably better off with a local!

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Like Heritage, dsi, and 5 dimes better. However also liked BI so take with a grain of salt. With the industry nowadays probably better off with a local!
    Yep lost both my locals....

Speedy88

Nvm....these bums won't take customers from Washington state lol.....

gomiamigo
    Colts NFL ats
    gomiamigo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

haven't had problems other than getting paid slowly

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by gomiamigo View Post
    That sounds like a problem.....

But anyways, they won't see a penny from me because apparently they don't like people from Washington.....

mrgoose
    mrgoose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Speedy, do you know of any sites that accept Washington players?

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Quote Originally Posted by gomiamigo View Post
    I have to agree.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoose View Post
    Speedy, do you know of any sites that accept Washington players?
    I've never been denied because of my state. I've been denied because certain books don't take US customers, but I've never heard that state matters.

Well I've played at Bodog, JustBet, BetIslands, BetJam/Heritage....they all took my Washington money.

chino08
    chino08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11256

Speedy,

i live in Maryland, part of the "denied states" as is Washington

Whenever you do decide to chose a book read the payout options.
    I read a few that said they cannot send checks to Maryland, Washington DC, or Washington state. Some may have other special rules or policies.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

mrgoose

Same here, but it seems like recently they all aren't accepting cards or sending checks. I'm considering doing other payment options, but I've never tried them before.
    Last edited by mrgoose; 01-04-13 at 09:19 PM.

chino08
    chino08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11256

I just switched to 5dimes bout a week ago
    have not did a withdraw yet, but P2P is much much than faster than checks, so was not a big deal to me

mrgoose

Quote Originally Posted by chino08 View Post
    I just switched to 5dimes bout a week ago
    have not did a withdraw yet, but P2P is much much than faster than checks, so was not a big deal to me
    Ok, thanks for the input!

Ad sorry for turning this into a Washington State Betting thread.

Speedy88

I just don't get why it matters to them if it goes through W.U. or M.G.....

mrgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I just don't get why it matters to them if it goes through W.U. or M.G.....
    Maybe they're afraid that their checks won't be honored in the state, and that will make them look bad possibly.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoose View Post
    Maybe they're afraid that their checks won't be honored in the state, and that will make them look bad possibly.
    But if people through WA go through M.G. or W.U. why would it even matter.....

orlandoisme
    6 big parlays won
    orlandoisme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

Heritage, Legends, 5 Dimes

or nothing

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

your money is safe at bovada but don't like your withdrawl "should" be processed in 5-10 business days. I'd bet my life they could reverse that withdrawl in 5 minutes. stall tactics hoping a player wants more action and that is PATHETIC, bovada rep reading this thread respond or I will demand you do.

jai7123
    jai7123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I have had big problems since they switched this year, bad checks HOWEVER they gave me a personal rep/advocate and I have 1 bad check that is now coming P2P. I have 3 other checks outstanding waiting collections since they use non-USA routing number on checks, some checks actually. Also have a pending payout.
    I've had delays, bad checks before but always gotten paid and always gotten fees reimbursed. It goes in streaks. Been with 11 years.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Over the course of several days, I lost over $6,000 @ Bovada Live.

All of my losing bets were graded immediately while all of my winning bets were delayed several minutes before being graded.

I placed a $200 live wager on a football game in the 3rd quarter @ +128 (their market was -191/+128 [yes they take that much vig] while other outlets had the game priced at -140/+120])

It was one of those rare situations where the price at Bovada Live was actually slightly better than 5Dimes in-running.

AFTER the game was over, they canceled my wager citing an incorrect line.

I sent email after email to them and I all got back was form letters saying how they appreciate my understanding. I finally called in and explained everything to one of their line managers (anyone who has done business with Bovada knows how difficult it is to get one of those guys to even talk to you).

He said the decision was final and refused to discuss the issue. Since the total amount STOLEN from me was $256, I even offered to deposit $1,000 and asked them for a 25% bonus (a promotion they have from time to time) as I just wanted to be made whole on the situation.

Bovada refused to do even that and it was then that I finally said TO HELL WITH BOVADA!!!

I sure as heck don't miss them.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

the lines open up way too late, go to 5 dimes or even youwager i like a lot now except for their variety of teasers

NobodyUKnow
    NobodyUKnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1394

I've never been denied because of my state. I've been denied because certain books don't take US customers, but I've never heard that state matters.

Well I've played at Bodog, JustBet, BetIslands, BetJam/Heritage....they all took my Washington money.
    There's an internet gambling ban law in Washington that was upheld by the state Supreme court and that's likely why some books won't accept your money.

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Nvm....these bums won't take customers from Washington state lol.....
    Add NY to the list, I wonder how many others?

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Ive been with them since 2005 and have always been paid when they said i would be paid and customer service is best Ive dealt with in this bussiness.They do put lines up late and lot of games circled or no ml but have always been paid.I feel safe with them.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Quote Originally Posted by Hankwins View Post
    your money is safe at bovada but don't like your withdrawl "should" be processed in 5-10 business days. I'd bet my life they could reverse that withdrawl in 5 minutes. stall tactics hoping a player wants more action and that is PATHETIC, bovada rep reading this thread respond or I will demand you do.
    Are you saying the processing time of 5-10 business days means they don't take the money out of your account in 5-10 days in the hope you will bet it and lose? If so, that is not at all how it works. The money is out of your account within 24 hours of your check request. It takes 5 to 10 to actually receive the money.

jai7123

Bo looks like they are straightening out the check mess, I've been with them through thick and thin. Fast EFT bank to b--k transfers bank and for free to 30 day checks and bad checks. You don't know when government is on their butt. I think it took a long time to transfer staff, make different policies and make connections to facilitate communications and transactions but as long as I get paid sooner is better yeah and so is free but, they cover P2P deposit fees if you dep enough and I figure my earned bonuses can cover payout fees.

I don't like the 4.9% CC deposit fee.
    My check Monday is coming from USA versus the country the are in so I feel like they are heeding the complaints and have a better chance of getting a good check. Always cash checks ASAP since they have to you know what to pay you and accounts open and close at the bank quickly esp when the pressure is on

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

(Goes to bet Team X -0.5 +150)
    (Waits 2 minutes for approval since they aren't posting their limits on these)

"The limit on this wager is XX"
    "Suggested price: +120"

This book sucks now.

tm321
    tm321's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Hankwins View Post

Well you would be dead then.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I have Bovada as an option but it takes them like 4-6 weeks to send you a check and half the time it bounces so then you have to wait for them to send another.

5dimes processes your cashouts in like three days and then you can go pick up your cash. It's ultra fast and you don't have to mess with checks.

I usually cash out on Sundays and have it by Wednesday.

Bovada's lines suck and they have limited betting options. They charge you -115 juice all the time and often times don't offer MLs if the spread is greater than 7. They also post their lines really late and circle some games they don't want you to parlay.

I will say that Bovada has paid me every time so you can count on getting your cash, it may just take a while. Their good customer service and the fact that they do pay is what has made me keep them as an option.

jai7123

A friend just got a check from them, it was from a chinese or japanese bank but payable in US dollars through a popular US Bank with appropriate format and routing numbers.

I have a check scheduled for tomorrow delivery and will report. Also I have 3 checks from Canadian banks treated as foriegn waited over 8 weeks so far. Actually had 4, one came back bad where the hell are the other 3? But Bo made good on fees and re sent payout diff method.

Like their horse bonus each week. Roll it once it's yours.

mabbmike
    mabbmike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

never had a problem with bovada except for the lack of funding options in NY. other than that, extremely professional and quick payouts

jhause13
    jhause13's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do you guys deal with international checks? Do you deposit via ATM like they recommend?

Phatman36
    Phatman36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

As a person from Washington I use Youwager. I find them all around a pretty good site. Payouts are prompt but customer service is meh. But for everything else, I have no complaints with them. I would recommend them or Heritage.

rasetsu99
    rasetsu99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I'm curious as to why people are still getting checks from Bovada? Don't you have the pay to CC ability? I use that and get paid in 2 days, maybe 3 days max.

12 Last