djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

who really thinks BI/Jon got away with 1.5-2 Million

Dollars that is....

I love how some made up press release from another book becomes "credible" in the eyes of many.

They said 350 players, honestly I find that a Tad high...350 at the start of NFL, sure...but things winding down and I go closer to 150-200 at the time of closure. For sake of argument though, we will use 350...@ 1.5 MM that's 5k per account!

I bet 500-1k on foots, and kept up to 2k at the biggest in any one account, your telling me BI (an acknowledged rec book) had guys betting 2x bigger than me with an average customer with 3x my balance?!?

Don't get me wrong, I truely believe a few got burned to the tune of 5-10k, but on average...BS. Christ, you could only withdraw a Max of 3k if I recall right...so you kept more money than you could move in s pinch if things went south....you deserve to lose it.

And to those who lost money they couldn't afford to lose, GET HELP NOW. This is a sign of a serious disease...if you now cant pay rent money/mortgage or car payment because you need to move funds offshore (or win back what you lost), I urge you to stop, take a step back and think and then talk to a professional. Lots of gamblers lost here, but some players need to admit their deamons and get out while they can. I hope this serves as your wake up moment.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

I dont normally post...but when I do, I tell idiot OP's to go penetrate themselves.

Sourtwist

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

It's gotta be more than $1.5M.

Everything else you said was silly as well.

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Quote Originally Posted by djefferis View Post
    Dollars that is....

I bet 500-1k on foots, and kept up to 2k at the biggest in any one account
    So you're betting AT LEAST 25-50% of your bankroll on every bet? Talk about having a problem. I'm sure the books love you.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin1917 View Post
    So you're betting AT LEAST 25-50% of your bankroll on every bet? Talk about having a problem. I'm sure the books love you.
    He probably has a larger bankroll, just doesn't feel comfortable leaving it there, deposits more if necessary.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    He probably has a larger bankroll, just doesn't feel comfortable leaving it there, deposits more if necessary.

Yeah, that makes sense... NOT.

The guy is obviously a clown, nothing he said makes any sense.

tto827

^^^ I thought a lot of it made sense, and raised many of the same questions myself. 350 clients and 1.5 million is 5k a pop, no Fukkin way that was the average balance there.
    I don't trust these numbers at all, but if they only had 350 players, no chance they had 1.5mil in debts.

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

We'll never know exact figures. I would bet that much of it was spent to sustain the ponzi though also (e.g. paying staff, rent, etc). Remember that a lot of people lost their balance, but that doesn't mean they lost hard money that they deposited. I had nearly all white meat in my account to the tune of $4200. It really sucks to lose it since it took so long to build it up, but I needed a decent amount so I could have multiple bets out simultaneously. The other guy betting that much versus his balance must mean he only bets one game at time I guess.

djefferis

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin1917 View Post
    Exact logic that got so many burned...the I need 50x my average bet FUNDED logic.

Note how I never said 25-50 percent of my bankroll...but of what I had in one book at a time.

Why in gods name do morons trust some chap in a 3rd world call center they know only by a first name (not calling anyone out here, but you get what I mean...guys like Jon, tony, scotty, Griffin...ect.)
    more than they trust JP Morgan Chase or Wells Fargo??

As much as I trust any book, common sense says there are limits. These aren't banks and nothing is insured. Why keep 20x my avg bet in a book when I can easily and quickly deposit 2-3x a week using 3 books. I bet 4 games a day, Max. Can't cap much more than that...can someone else do 2x that...I am sure they could and good for them. Point is though, if your not betting a high percentage of what's in your account, you are in esscence giving the bookie free use of your money at no cost.

Do books hate guys constantly depositing/withdrawing money...probably. Do I, or any smart bettor care...absolutely not. Why would I help my opposition out...I pay them the vigorish for a reason. They perform a service, and if it ever got so they couldn't profitably perform said service, I am sure they will let me know (or go belly up somewhere along the line)...like I don't know...ummm...BI.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Tto, im new around these parts...but I know you have an agenda.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

350 clients sounds very low doesn't it?

How many members does a place like 5Dimes have?

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Tto, im new around these parts...but I know you have an agenda.
    No agenda, I just can't stand to see these fukks who are here playing poker, BTP, and all other things SBR offers, and then biting the hand that feeds them without any proof. SBR needs ads or they couldn't do it. No one complains about those scam tout ads on the side of the site, the rating is the only thing that can reasonably be attacked.

djefferis

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense... NOT.

The guy is obviously a clown, nothing he said makes any sense.
    What else is unclear...you feel BI had more than 300 active victims?

Some shops make it by with 30-40 clients...clearly BI had less money coming in than going out. Not cheap to run a shop, but if you were handling 10k per customer per week x 300 that's 3MM in handle a week. Lets assume low vigorish is 100% of you handle and use 7%. Assume you match every bet, that's 210,000 in profit weekly gross. Sure affiliate cost, staff and processing cost. A good affiliate deal is 10k per month to fly your flag, but with a million a month profit that's nothing.

So your telling me BI closed shop on a book that could easily turn 500k monthly after cost to steal a million?!? That's 2 months profits...no way they turned that kind of volume or they made off with way more.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Tto I understand what youre saying...but the writing is on the wall. We know oj did it...he knows we know he did it...just because theres no proof doesnt mean theres any chance he didnt do it. Sbr is oj.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Tto I understand what youre saying...but the writing is on the wall. We know oj did it...he knows we know he did it...just because theres no proof doesnt mean theres any chance he didnt do it. Sbr is oj.
    That's my point though, How do you KNOW OJ did it, I think it's 50/50 right now that SBR is guiltier of more than being slow to move their rating, I just think that until proof is shown, people need to settle down and stop with the accusations.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

He didn't get away with no 1.5 million......again he had to pay the sharps....

JasonDC
    JasonDC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

That's my point though, How do you KNOW OJ did it, I think it's 50/50 right now that SBR is guiltier of more than being slow to move their rating, I just think that until proof is shown, people need to settle down and stop with the accusations.
    Guys, please stop talking to this fool..it's a waste of time and it just makes the rest of us have to read his nonsense..anyone who doesn't know OJ did it deserves to be ignored..he probably doesn't know that Casey Anthony killed her daughter also.

KGambler

Some shops make it by with 30-40 clients...clearly BI had less money coming in than going out. Not cheap to run a shop, but if you were handling 10k per customer per week x 300 that's 3MM in handle a week. Lets assume low vigorish is 100% of you handle and use 7%. Assume you match every bet, that's 210,000 in profit weekly gross. Sure affiliate cost, staff and processing cost. A good affiliate deal is 10k per month to fly your flag, but with a million a month profit that's nothing.

So your telling me BI closed shop on a book that could easily turn 500k monthly after cost to steal a million?!? That's 2 months profits...no way they turned that kind of volume or they made off with way more.
    I can't read your posts because nothing you say makes sense, and all of the facts are wrong. You can't even get the withdrawal limits correct.

Now you are confusing two seperate issues. Do I think Jon/BI got away with $1.5M? No. Do I think current customer balances add up to $1.5M? No, I think it is much more than that.

InsiderHer
    InsiderHer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5923

Wow, this might be the most inept gaming post of the century! Every assumption you made is incorrect here.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

you need to analize it a bit before throwing out numbers

maybe the total balances of accounts were 1.5mil but that doesnt mean that each player had deposited 5k, players prob deposited less and built it up

with the same logic, I could tell you that since the minimum deposit was 100dollars, 100x5,000 accounts = BI run away with 50,000k only

to find out how much they run away with you have to take total value of deposits and deduct withrawals and expenses paid out, doesnt sound like it would be much though

350 players? no wonder they went under, with such a small number of players it only takes a couple of sharps or a couple of lucky parlays to cripple them

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

op getting hurried??

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

op getting burried?

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by JasonDC View Post
    Guys, please stop talking to this fool..it's a waste of time and it just makes the rest of us have to read his nonsense..anyone who doesn't know OJ did it deserves to be ignored..he probably doesn't know that Casey Anthony killed her daughter also.
    Who the fukk are you? I'm not old enough to have been in the middle of the OJ incident when it happened, and haven't done my research to know either way. I know that in front of a jury of his peers he was found innocent, probably because they could not prove the case "beyond a reasonable doubt"

So I definitely am not willing to say that OJ was definitely guilty.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Who the fukk are you? I'm not old enough to have been in the middle of the OJ incident when it happened, and haven't done my research to know either way. I know that in front of a jury of his peers he was found innocent, probably because they could not prove the case "beyond a reasonable doubt"

If you were accused of slashing your wife to death and DID NOT do it, would you write a suicide note and drive around with a gun to your head? And what about OJ"s blood at the scene? Oh yeah the LAPD planted it.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Lol

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    If you were accused of slashing your wife to death and DID NOT do it, would you write a suicide note and drive around with a gun to your head? And what about OJ"s blood at the scene? Oh yeah the LAPD planted it.
    Don't know, I sure as fukk hope I am never put in the situation where my wife is slashed to death, and until that time I will not insinuate on how one should react to that type of catastrophe. I am not saying he is innocent, I have no fukking clue, just like with SBR, hopefully this time, time will tell us the answer.

JasonDC

You aren't willing to say that OJ was definitely guilty because a jury of his peers didn't convict him, how politically correct of you, thats sweet..i'll bet your liberal college professors would be so proud of you. You said you weren't old enough 'to have been in the middle of the OJ incident'..when you get older you will probably rely more on your own common sense than a jury's verdict. Im not trying to turn this thread in to a Nancy Grace episode but are you familiar with the Casey Anthony murder trial? she was the Florida mother accused of killing her daughter..she was also found not guilty..are you also not willing to say she is guilty? she even admits she was out partying a day or two after her daughter died.

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

As i stated in other threads...

I used all the money in my BI account...I was all in every sunday. I would have around 30 bets each sunday, and half of them would be on BetIslands. I never kept more then I needed to fund all my bets, but it took atleast in the upper 4 figures for me to be able to fund my BI bets.

People need to stop faulting the players for keeping high balances. Yes, i understand it was a risk. And the risk backfired, I knew of his possibility. But that still doesnt mean you guys should go around attacking the players who just had a LOT of money stolen from them. BI needs to be accountable...and I hope SBR is working around the clock trying to come up with any solution.

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by Cicima6709 View Post

I used all the money in my BI account...I was all in every sunday. I would have around 30 bets each sunday, and half of them would be on BetIslands. I never kept more then I needed to fund all my bets, but it took atleast in the upper 4 figures for me to be able to fund my BI bets.

People need to stop faulting the players for keeping high balances. Yes, i understand it was a risk. And the risk backfired, I knew of his possibility. But that still doesnt mean you guys should go around attacking the players who just had a LOT of money stolen from them. BI needs to be accountable...and I hope SBR is working around the clock trying to come up with any solution.
    Nobody would like to see a solution to this more than me but i just dont see any sense in wishing for something that simply wont happen...do you think that there is even the slightest chance that you see any of your money again? if so im curious as to why you think there might be a resolution to this.

tto827

You aren't willing to say that OJ was definitely guilty because a jury of his peers didn't convict him, how politically correct of you, thats sweet..i'll bet your liberal college professors would be so proud of you. You said you weren't old enough 'to have been in the middle of the OJ incident'..when you get older you will probably rely more on your own common sense than a jury's verdict. Im not trying to turn this thread in to a Nancy Grace episode but are you familiar with the Casey Anthony murder trial? she was the Florida mother accused of killing her daughter..she was also found not guilty..are you also not willing to say she is guilty? she even admits she was out partying a day or two after her daughter died.
    I do believe Casey Anthony was guilty, but again I do not have all the facts. I am FAR from liberal also. You cannot make an informed decision without all (or at least a majority) of the facts.

tto827

Nobody would like to see a solution to this more than me but i just dont see any sense in wishing for something that simply wont happen...do you think that there is even the slightest chance that you see any of your money again? if so im curious as to why you think there might be a resolution to this.
    Because in the past other books have been bailed out. Some posters have supposedly already been bailed out at other forums with this BI collapse. It is rare, but especially on a case by case basis, definitely possible.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Cicima6709 View Post

Agreed 100%, people can and should go after BI. But its not really fair to go after SBR if they are working around the clock to get everyone a bailout is it?

JasonDC

Because in the past other books have been bailed out. Some posters have supposedly already been bailed out at other forums with this BI collapse. It is rare, but especially on a case by case basis, definitely possible.
    In the past other books had an incentive to offer a bailout..in todays offshore betting climate it's different..can you tell me some details about others who have been offered bailouts?

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10503

Doesn't matter what the amount was.All that matters is that he scammed and lied numerous people out of their money.That tatooed \*\*\*\*\*\* will eventually get his since I'm sure he cooked the books too fukking the backers as well as the players.This boy will have problems down the road.

tto827

In the past other books had an incentive to offer a bailout..in todays offshore betting climate it's different..can you tell me some details about others who have been offered bailouts?
    Check out Raiders thread in the Sportsbook and Industry forum. CRIS books have done it in the past, although they seem hesitant at this point, but there are others, many of which get ***** when posted here.

12 Last