dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Questions for US residents / citizens who play @ offshore bookies that steal their $

1) Why are you going to shitty places like BetIsland (or BetIslands) not sure which site is it?
    2) If you can afford having $40,000 in an offshore account why not spend $700 on a nice flight to London, open a UK Bank account, set up mailing address for £60 a year, get bank statements there (serve as proof of address) and open accounts in normal bookmakers all across Europe, the UK and the world ???

I'm asking you seriously, I am not in the UK now, yet I'm able to play at any bookie that I want.
    I have a UK card (Halifax Clarity) which I can use to withdraw funds with NO FEES and NO shitty EXCHANGE rates, I can literally get $1.6230 for every £1.00 if I would use this card to take out $$$ from the ATM ....

This is all thanks to the UK.
    So I'm asking you seriously why don't you do the same as me?

I want some comments on this, please!!!

dontknowhowtobet

You can have an account with BetFair @ no time ... lolololol lmao ... I remember my ex (fuking bish) wanted to play with me when we were in Dallas TX and we opened a BetFair account from Dallas, TX with a UK address and they asked for a proof of address and we sent them a Natwest Bank Statement and her US Passport lololol and they accepted it even though she had only US Passport to use, and we used a UK proxy and placed tons of bets from a US soil, used a UK card to deposit .... deposits / withdrawals went smoothly.

Just the fees you guys pay for shitty offshore books worth more than a nice flight + hotel + car rental + hooker in London .... you can get better than that.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post

I want some comments on this, please!!!
    ????

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Because all these guys whining, truly have $50-$200 dollars in these books. flight to the UK

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

sharp post

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Because that can backfire, and suddenly your risk is a lot greater.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Because those "honest" books you speak of could definitely void all your winnings if they wanted to or found out, which is not that difficult to do. All of the CRIS books still seem to be top notch, I am always weary of anywhere besides one of them, or 5Dimes. Books that offer a free half point clearly can be beaten, giving up most if not all of their edge by doing so. Even if they paid for a while, seemed a bit like that candy store that sold everything for way too cheap that opens in town, once something goes wrong, they are done for.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Because those "honest" books you speak of could definitely void all your winnings if they wanted to or found out, which is not that difficult to do. All of the CRIS books still seem to be top notch, I am always weary of anywhere besides one of them, or 5Dimes. Books that offer a free half point clearly can be beaten, giving up most if not all of their edge by doing so. Even if they paid for a while, seemed a bit like that candy store that sold everything for way too cheap that opens in town, once something goes wrong, they are done for.
    They HAVE to pay you!!!!!

1) You prove your ID by sending a scan of your Driving License or Passport (or other Government ID card)
    2) You provde your ADDRESS by sending a scan of your bank statement (which is sent to your UK mail forwarding address)
    3) You have a UK phone number so they call you to your UK number which forwards the phone call to your mobile in the US (i.e. by using DidLogic.com)
    4) You use a UK proxy to access the site (i.e. by using Astrill.com or any other VPN provider)

Even if they "catch" you logging with a US IP, you tell them your cousin wanted to check out the site - they cannot suspend you because you are fully verified !!!!!!

And it costs almost nothing to set this up.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Cicima6709 View Post
    Because that can backfire, and suddenly your risk is a lot greater.
    No no no, it cannot backfire.... !!!
    I am doing this for a very long time sir

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    sharp post
    Thanks!

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Because all these guys whining, truly have $50-$200 dollars in these books. flight to the UK
    They said they have $40,000 in these books ....
    Have they meant to say they have $40,000 divided by 200 in practice?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

They said they have $40,000 in these books ....
    Have they meant to say they have $40,000 divided by 200 in practice?
    My dick is 2 feet long. There, I said it so it must be true.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16291

Thats too much work you might as well just move to nevada that seems a lot easier.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    Thats too much work you might as well just move to nevada that seems a lot easier.
    It's not!
    I did it to place a bet of £15,000 on Obama to win £6,000 and it was worth it, every penny spent!

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

stupid post!

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    stupid post!
    I totally disagree the post is stupid.
    Some people rather lose money to offshore books who steal their $$$ instead, why encourage it anyway?
    So in 6 months we'll see another big thread about the next "BetIslands" who scammed its customers?

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

What is your citizenship?

What do you use when they demand to see a utility bill dated with the last 3 months and not for a cell phone?
    Last edited by Scooter; 12-19-12 at 04:25 AM.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    What is your citizenship?

What do you use when they demand to see a utility bill dated with the last 3 months and not for a cell phone?
    I have an Israeli and European Passport but I provided my Israeli Passport (scan) tons of times, without revealing that I'm also a EU citizen ... I don't think they care about your citizenship, the passport is serving as a proof of your ID.

When they demand to see a utility bill I use a Bank Statement, it's easy as 1-2-3

You can set up UK mail forwarding, it costs about £1 to £2 to send your post with regular mail, you can even order nice stuff from the UK (although I believe everything you can buy in the UK already exists in the USA and for a cheaper price, no? )

I ordered a book from Amazon to this address and forwarded it to myself as well, it was good stuff as well coz the seller was British and asked for only £1 for the book plus few pence for shipping

dontknowhowtobet

I have an Israeli and European Passport but I provided my Israeli Passport (scan) tons of times, without revealing that I'm also a EU citizen ... I don't think they care about your citizenship, the passport is serving as a proof of your ID.

When they demand to see a utility bill I use a Bank Statement, it's easy as 1-2-3

You can set up UK mail forwarding, it costs about £1 to £2 to send your post with regular mail, you can even order nice stuff from the UK (although I believe everything you can buy in the UK already exists in the USA and for a cheaper price, no? )

I ordered a book from Amazon to this address and forwarded it to myself as well, it was good stuff as well coz the seller was British and asked for only £1 for the book plus few pence for shipping
    btw Halifax did require my EU Passport.
    With Barclays I opened the account with an Israeli Driving License and a proof of address (another bank statement), hahahaha, not even a Passport, nada.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

I'm an American.
    I play in the hundreds.
    If I had $40,000, UK sounds like a great idea.

Offshore is tough, thats why I would never put 5 figures in, if I had it.
    I could live w/ myself if I was scammed out of hundreds.
    But thousands-I couldn't handle it.

Vegas-Shittttt.
    I don't make enough money to get a hookup-I'm not some phuckin 'whale' or whatever.
    Couple hundred for a plane, few hundred for a hotel. And the food is phuckin horrible on the strip/downtown.
    These phuckin 'champagne brunches' they have where it costs $40 for scrambled eggs under a heat lamp.
    I'm lookin at $800 in overhead before I lay a wager in sports-I simply can't afford that.

I met one local, about 5 years ago-wanted at least $500 a pop-I can't do that.

Thats why I offshore bet in the caribbean. Its all I got, short of moving to Vegas.(aint moving to Vegas in this economy)
    I hope SBR doesn't lead me astray and is able to recommend some reliable books.
    SBR is very important to me in that matter. I need their information because of this.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

nice thread bro.
    Points Awarded:

dontknowhowtobet gave Speedy88 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dontknowhowtobet

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Mods saloon this please

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    I met one local, about 5 years ago-wanted at least $500 a pop-I can't do that.
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what does it mean in simple English?
    What is a "pop"?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3317

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does it mean in simple English?
    What is a "pop"?
    Probably means $500 minimum wager.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

UK sucks with their stupid worship of a monarchy just for show, bad food and country full of assholes. Why penetrate around with that POS country when you can bet in the US? If you have $40,000 to play with move to the Nevada area.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

flying to europe and opening a foreign bank account without declaring it on an irs fbar form is a federal crime.

and trying to get the money back to the u.s. would be a huge pain in the ass

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    flying to europe and opening a foreign bank account without declaring it on an irs fbar form is a federal crime.

and trying to get the money back to the u.s. would be a huge pain in the ass
    Hmmmm.... that's something I didn't know ... I don't have this obligation, see, coz I don't live in the US and I'm not a US citizen ... does it apply to your account even if you hold there a small amount let's say £1000 - £2000 only?

And why can't you get the money out using an ATM?
    I use Halifax Clarity Card, I get the MastarKard Exchange rate (mispelled in purpose), it's better than making a wire transfer or anything, I just cash out of ATM in any currency and the best conversion rate, no fees no commissions ... it's gr8.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    UK sucks with their stupid worship of a monarchy just for show, bad food and country full of assholes. Why penetrate around with that POS country when you can bet in the US? If you have $40,000 to play with move to the Nevada area.
    lololol .... forget about the UK as a country and forget their culture .... just use it if it saves you money, don't worry about the rest ... I care about the queen as much as I care about my ex now.

milwaukee mike

Hmmmm.... that's something I didn't know ... I don't have this obligation, see, coz I don't live in the US and I'm not a US citizen ... does it apply to your account even if you hold there a small amount let's say £1000 - £2000 only?

And why can't you get the money out using an ATM?
    I use Halifax Clarity Card, I get the MastarKard Exchange rate (mispelled in purpose), it's better than making a wire transfer or anything, I just cash out of ATM in any currency and the best conversion rate, no fees no commissions ... it's gr8.
    the reporting requirement for fbar is if you had $10,000 or more TOTAL at any point in the year. if it is $50,000 or more at the end of the year OR $75,000 at any point during the year, then you also have to file form 8938.

not filing those forms is a criminal offense which can result in prison time.

atm cards could work, but i don't think too many foreign banks (if any) want to deal with u.s. citizens.

dontknowhowtobet

the reporting requirement for fbar is if you had $10,000 or more TOTAL at any point in the year. if it is $50,000 or more at the end of the year OR $75,000 at any point during the year, then you also have to file form 8938.

not filing those forms is a criminal offense which can result in prison time.

atm cards could work, but i don't think too many foreign banks (if any) want to deal with u.s. citizens.
    First of all I don't agree with the notion but supposed it's right:
    You guys don't have European grandfathers or something like that? (After all USA is a country that exists for less than 300 years!)
    You cannot get a 2nd Passport?

Regarding the $10,000 at any point, this shouldn't be a problem, just keep it under £6,000 and you should be fine ... my friend btw is a US citizen and he easily opened a Bank Account in the UK ...

Don't forget, they DO NOT have to know your citizenship, just easily issue a UK driving license and that's it, or use your American one, they really don't give a damn about your country of citizenship, they only care you put money in the bank, that's all.

milwaukee mike

^^^
    that's still a lot of risk, and a lot of time, money, and effort just to make a bet.

for example, if i wanted to get a 2nd passport for my 4 family members, i would have to go to chicago after getting certified copies of all of our birth certificates, as well as the birth certificates and death certificates of about 20 other family members, which of course i would have to write back and forth to the foreign country to get (and all their paperwork will be in that foreign language). then fill out a million forms, talk to 25 different people, etc etc etc - just a ridiculous process.

dontknowhowtobet

And there are no forms to fill out regarding USA papers if you open a UK bank account ... if you open an offshore account (Jersey, Isle of Man) this is becoming complex, but if you are deemed as "resident" it is not a problem, you open a UK local bank account and skip on all the forms and such ... they only ask for your ID, Address, plans for the account and that's it!

Guys, you gotta think outside of the USA box to enjoy the benefit of being free in the world, it's fun and it's worth it.

dontknowhowtobet

^^^
    that's still a lot of risk, and a lot of time, money, and effort just to make a bet.

for example, if i wanted to get a 2nd passport for my 4 family members, i would have to go to chicago after getting certified copies of all of our birth certificates, as well as the birth certificates and death certificates of about 20 other family members, which of course i would have to write back and forth to the foreign country to get (and all their paperwork will be in that foreign language). then fill out a million forms, talk to 25 different people, etc etc etc - just a ridiculous process.
    It's not million of forms hahahahaa.... omg mike ....
    My papers were left with my aunt in New York, she kept them .... I used them and within 4 months got my Passport, it's not as complicated as you think and a 2nd Passport is not useful only to place a bet!!!!!

My family in the USA never issued a 2nd passport because they don't think they need one ... well, I'm going to get thanks to my EU Passport social security from 2 different countries now (UK, Israel) when I retire (please god hope to get there after finding a good wife and not a bish like my ex, still looking for one) ....

You guys understimate the power of trying new things, Israelis never do that, in our culture if we have the opportunity we just take it ... I think in your culture it's easy for you to give up and say "nah, never mind, too much hassle" ... it's not!!!

I'm saving tons of money with my card, saving retire money from Israel & UK, enjoy the freedom of being anywhere I want (here or there), and yes, place bets sometimes as well, but betting is not my life ... it's just an option given to me, so I can use it for instance to play big on Obama in the elections (risked $25,000 back then).

I don't know why you think it's complex .... and forget about citizenships and such, just use your American license when you come to the UK, open a basic account, after 3-4 days get the statement, use it to open a normal account with it, get the online banking and everything posted to you and you're done! no more worries about it ...

I mean don't do it just for the sake of doing it, are you guys not traveling to the UK ever? Or any other European country? Just do it when you travel "on the go".

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

It would be a hassle unless you are betting large amounts there. I think you would be better off by flying out to Vegas that doing this.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    It would be a hassle unless you are betting large amounts there. I think you would be better off by flying out to Vegas that doing this.
    I personally disagree coz I think the UK opens more options for you.
    They work like robots, you send them your bank statement and copy of passport, and you're done, they never ask for it again and you can bet unlimited.

You can use Bet365, William Hill, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, BETFAIR (yes yes), Coral, BetFred and many many more!
    You don't get that in Vegas, and Vegas forces you to stay there to bet!!! With the UK you just open a bank account and you're done!! From then you can bet from the comfort of your home in St. Louis or California, it doesn't matter where you live in the world !!

123 Last