Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

This Will Be The End of SBR As You Know It

Guys I'm ready for a "don't even know ya pal" reply. But I've been navigating the offshore world since the very first days. Was at one time, in pre UIGEA times, a relatively prolific and respected poster across the street. My posting handle is still on the 5 Dimes testimonial page. I have chosen to not say much on here over the years, but rather to read and to keep my ears open. I have concluded that SBR does you no favors. It helped to create young degenerates through planted tools such as JJGold; the points system, and finally was party to stealing their young players funds.

I recently failed in my own due diligence because of important business matters that briefly took up most of my time. Did not apply due diligence to following poster threads and so lost $1600. Not much really, but still not pleasant. I'm one of the so-called founders of SBR and have battled in the offshore world since it's onset without having lost a penny of my funds due to any shop closings until today.

My hope after this blizzard of posts die down [ which does nothing but bring SBR's numbers up ] is that SBR becomes just another failed sports betting forum. I'ts already well on it's way to just that BTW. That is what it most definitely deserves today more than ever before. As for me, I am done with anything offshore. Have already spoken with my cousin about together buying an inexpensive Vegas property. It's that or a local. Offshore is and has been on life support for the US punter.

In this post UIGEA climate there are no bailouts, no takeovers offering even a longshot of somekind with almost impossible rollovers on the horizon for today's scam or those most certainly sure to follow. The man who famously said "sweat the game and not the payout " is long gone as are almost all the old names and old-timers. It is now impossible to do what the greek suggested. As of now, I will be long gone as well. Good luck to those of you who insist on pissing into the wind.

**This will be taken done, I assume, simply because SBR will not allow the truth to infect the minds of it's young sheep.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marcojuiceman, RogueScholar, and sneak-a-peak

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Never heard of ......Ahhh who cares anymore....

eyeball
    eyeball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

zzz
    Last edited by eyeball; 12-18-12 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

I remember the days when SBR used to conduct onsite office visits (even post pictures of the operation), check the financial backing of an offshore outfit, automatically give doubt when shady folks were associated with an operation. SBR ratings used to mean something. Somewhere in the last couple of years, the focus turned from making sure a book was safe to making sure the check clears for the rating. Maybe it was when Bill decided to take a much more passive role. Maybe it was when SBR started the whole PRO program.

I understand it is tough times for offshore books due to UIEGA. But instead of SBR becoming more vigilant, they became irrelevant, hoping to recoup the last few dollars out of a dying enterprise.

The title of this thread is correct. SBR dies a horrible death today. No one will EVER trust your ratings again.

Frogger
    Frogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok, so no SBR, who do we trust? Easy to bash one option but compared to the rest SBR is miles ahead of everyone.

mtneer1212

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
    Ok, so no SBR, who do we trust? Easy to bash one option but compared to the rest SBR is miles ahead of everyone.
    Trust no one. There is no honor left. The police became corrupt, or at minimum, very lazy.
    Points Awarded:

Matt Rain gave mtneer1212 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jbaby97
    Jbaby97's Avatar Become A Pro!

Band the Book?

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

bookmaker is the only place for u.s. customers...the rest you are risking your money at. Ive bashed them before for their customer service and high fees....but they are strong...and you will get paid

Mr. Jones

Yea you can safely play there, but you got 2 strikes against you in trying to make a profit.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
    Yea you can safely play there, but you got 2 strikes against you in trying to make a profit.
    at least you get an at bat

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

If you feel that SBR is dead man walking or the ratings are paid for only..there is only two courses

1. dont go to sbr anymore..do your part to decrease traffic
    2. Seek out which books accounts are linked to sbr via affiliate relationship and seek to sever it or not use those books anymore

BI, BOL, and Betphoenix........

We all know who the best of the best books are .dont bonus whore if you are in US...

Loggingout forever...bye

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mr Jones with all due respect this forum will never die. Golden coins are the new currency for degenerates and are supporting homes across the globe. BTW...if your heading out...go ahead and ship those 252 pizza pie coins this way

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7720

I can't trust SBR any longer.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

ya my last post on this site is nearing and i will never send cash offshore ever again. and for those out there who are going to continue to play offshore you are extremely crazy at this point......... its funny i use to have friends ask me "how do you know you'll get paid betting online" and i would say because i go to sbr.com who are industry watchdogs...... lol! i got duped here twice now...... there will not be a 3rd time!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wonder what percentage of posters are actual players, as opposed to shills etc.........

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

SBR will survive the BetIslands Debacle imo. Sure some players will leave the forum for good and many will not trust the ratings anymore. But other players will replace them, and the forum will continue to go on. And the point system is a great way to have some entertainment without risking much cash. Gambling is what it is - a Risk. Losing money to fraud offshore is a risk one takes. Don't know the extent that SBR was involved in this BI Fiasco, but I will give SBR the Benefit of the Doubt. They may have been a victim of the scheme as well from the perspective that their reputation has been compromised. But they did receive ad money so I guess you take the good with the bad. Life goes On.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 12-19-12 at 09:29 AM.
    Points Awarded:

relaaxx gave Easy-Rider 66 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: relaaxx

gmcarroll33
    gmcarroll33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 397

Hilarious stuff. Sbr the victim. I guess I've heard it all now

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by gmcarroll33 View Post
    Hilarious stuff. Sbr the victim. I guess I've heard it all now
    Who Knows what SBR's culpability is. It's not what you think you know, but what you can Prove.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TTTTTTTTTTTTTT.Fart noise.

Mr. Jones

The title of my thread here is "end of SBR as You Know It." Of course not the end of SBR. They will stay on the ropes and absorb all the body punches deservedly coming their way. They can't even begin to ban anyone I suppose, or they would lose a huge portion of their posters. Who cares about that anyway. Apparently they do.

Gentlemen, we will end up punching ourselves out while SBR does the rope-a-dope in the corner correctly assuming that we will in fact punch ourselves out. Some of us will leave and sadly some will stay. New "SBR Pros" will take our place. But business will never be as usual. The brand is tainted forever. Walker and Dozer have proven themselves to be scumballs greater than those they were supposedly there to keep us away from.

It was their creation here [unlike WSEX or any other unrelated scam joint] which stole our money. They built the monster which consumed the customers and the creators alike. Despite the good that John Walker and Bill Dozer once long ago did for this industry, their legacy will henceforth be associated with the likes of Charlie Therwanger. Tough to come back from that you fu*king pricks.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: baller412, Dark Horse, and HedgeHog

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not so sure that SBR will survive the BI scheme. It demonstrates for all to see that they are completely unreliable. Bill Dozer's response is such a joke. The guy can go f*ck himself. I can't believe this is the same guy that used to stand up for players.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    I'm not so sure that SBR will survive the BI scheme. It demonstrates for all to see that they are completely unreliable. Bill Dozer's response is such a joke. The guy can go f*ck himself. I can't believe this is the same guy that used to stand up for players.
    I am not so sure either. This is looking really bad.

mtneer1212

SBR will never recover from this. They fell asleep. the whole US market is about to collapse, so they figured they would get their share before it all falls apart.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Yes...this is it....horrible site with a bunch of liars....get your pizzas now guys & may the whole staff rot in hell
    Points Awarded:

JMon gave dark star 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triumph

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7720

Quote Originally Posted by dark star View Post
    Yes...this is it....horrible site with a bunch of liars....get your pizzas now guys & may the whole staff rot in hell
    I guess Lou is not going to bully and ban people in the near future, Rock on Dark star!

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15360

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Darkhorse- You've been around a long time and should know that this bothers them less than a mosquito bite. RX and SBR made off with a nice theft with PanAm. It didn't hurt the sites at all.

DimSum
    DimSum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7388

SBR to close with poster points

sneak-a-peak

This is SBR John seen earlier this year

sneak-a-peak

End result

Killakrzydav
    Killakrzydav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by sneak-a-peak View Post
    This is SBR John seen earlier this year
    Yup

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

How about using a little "critical thinking"? Look it up, study it, practice it and fukking use it!!!!! I'll give it to you here.

http://www.insightassessment.com/pdf...at&why2006.pdf

The majority US is nothing but greedy, lack of self-control and expects everything handed too them. They believe everything they read and expect it to be the truth. And they are pissed when it is not. US political and media propaganda is the root. And lets face it, US players are the majority of offshore finance...they are NOT going anywhere. Neither is SBR or Covers with their SJP drama. It's business.

I am a US player!!!

I have an offshore account for over 12 years. It's not even mentioned on sbr. I have DC and a personal pin. I request money and within a couple of hours I can withdrawal my money at a ATM. I've done this for over 2 years now.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    How about using a little "critical thinking"? Look it up, study it, practice it and fukking use it!!!!! I'll give it to you here.

http://www.insightassessment.com/pdf...at&why2006.pdf

The majority US is nothing but greedy, lack of self-control and expects everything handed too them. They believe everything they read and expect it to be the truth. And they are pissed when it is not. US political and media propaganda is the root. And lets face it, US players are the majority of offshore finance...they are NOT going anywhere. Neither is SBR or Covers with their SJP drama. It's business.

I am a US player!!!

I have an offshore account for over 12 years. It's not even mentioned on sbr. I have DC and a personal pin. I request money and within a couple of hours I can withdrawal my money at a ATM. I've done this for over 2 years now.
    give me the name of that book