Premierr23
    Premierr23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 564

Do British betting shops offer any US sports?

Im going for a small trip to London and I was just wondering if they offer us sports. (nba spreads and totals etc.) I know there are alot of William Hill, Ladbrokes and Coral shops but not sure what to expect. Experiences are welcome

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Yes

filipinho
    filipinho's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL, "US sports" are offered by EVERY Bookmaker in the world, so dont worry, wherever you are, you can still get your gambling dose.

Premierr23

-110 lines?

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

Don't expect, unless it is for a major event, that any odds will be advertised in the shop. The cashier will look them up for you. Odds will be expressed in fractional form.

diondublin
    diondublin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Yes...you could check their websites for an idea of what the lines are.

rodneytrotter
    rodneytrotter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 760

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    Don't expect, unless it is for a major event, that any odds will be advertised in the shop. The cashier will look them up for you. Odds will be expressed in fractional form.
    William Hill,Coral and Betfred often have touchscreen pricefinders which you can peruse at your leisure, rather than getting a dopy cashier to look up the prices. Prices will not be up more than 2 or 3 days in advance, NBA prices will be slim, more options are available on NFL, especially those games televised by Sky sports and the monday night game on bbc3.

Some William Hill and Paddy Power shop have cash betting terminals which offer a broader betting range, but Paddy tends to locate his shops in the rougher areas.

You might want to consider Samvo who have two shops in London, who I have not tried, but seem to have an interest in NBA based on their website.

Don't even think about asking about College football.

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe Ladbrokes carry a decent amount of College sports (at least football), nothing fancy like props and stuff, but definitely spreads and I do believe totals as well. The major US sports shouldnt be a problem. I'm speaking of whats available online, but assume all those wagers can be placed in shops as well.

rodneytrotter
    rodneytrotter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 760

There's more online than is ever available in the shops.

You can always ask, and if you're lucky you will get a member of staff willing to call head office and try and get a price for you on an event if it's not readily available.

diondublin
    diondublin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Completely wrong about college, I'm afraid. Ladbrokes, Hills etc. price up virtually all Div 1 games, and staff in shop can look up any prices for you. Another option is to open an online account(s) while you are there, and you can often benefit from sign-up offers. Watch out for KYC though (Know Your Customer) and check they are OK with this (you could email them now)

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Also if you are planning on live betting the NFL in the UK, bear in mind that the Monday night game that they show on BBC (on the red button) is actually at least 45 seconds delayed from real time - so using that alone to live bet from is a very bad idea !

Premierr23

Thank you guys for your tips & experiences.