pringles
    pringles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

betting with multiple accounts at A rating books

hi, im betting with my friends pinnacle account and would also like to bet with my own account, is such a thing tolerated?
    to put it plain and simple i bet basketball on one account and hockey on the other

has/is anyone betting like that or knows whether Pinnacle or other A books allow this?

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by pringles View Post
    hi, im betting with my friends pinnacle account and would also like to bet with my own account, is such a thing tolerated?
    to put it plain and simple i bet basketball on one account and hockey on the other

has/is anyone betting like that or knows whether Pinnacle or other A books allow this?
    If there's no bonus involved Pinnacle won't care.

If there's a bonus involved any book will care, and some A books will care even if no bonus involved.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Doesn't make any sense to do it this way. I am yet to hear a story of anyone being limited at Pinnacle ever. (maybe it has happened but I haven't heard about it) Why would you need two accounts there when you could cover your betting with one?

pringles

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    Why would you need two accounts there when you could cover your betting with one?
    the answer to that is really simple : separate bankrolls

Scooter : no bonus is involved, just plain betting fair and square

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    Doesn't make any sense to do it this way. I am yet to hear a story of anyone being limited at Pinnacle ever. (maybe it has happened but I haven't heard about it) Why would you need two accounts there when you could cover your betting with one?
    Segregation of funds
    Bookkeeping easier sometimes
    Various countermeasures that are account-specific

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post

Segregation of funds
    Can you give us an idea what you are talking about here J7?

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Segregation of funds
    makes sense... but what kind of countermeasures?

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    makes sense... but what kind of countermeasures?
    If the OP is even half as good as he implies, his hockey account may get on a slow server, etc. (more tactics than this have been used by books in general, but since I don't have any experience hearing of Pinnacle playing any of those games, I won't specifically "accuse" them of any)

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Well, excuse me but why use multiple accounts at Pinnacle? Isn't it meaningless? You won't be able to get more limits, you won't be able to get a better line, there's no bonus, no free deposit/withdrawal. So why 2-3 accounts of same book?

About limits,

Let's say max bet for X bet is 5,000€ at pinnacle and you have 2 accounts. If you bet 4000€, line/odds will change FOR BOTH ACCOUNTS. So you won't be able to bet 5000€ from both accounts. After you placed your 4000-5000€, line/odds will change and you won't be able to bet max on previous line. Something to keep in mind.

pringles

sawyer i appreciate your input, but you should have read the previous posts, i told you that its only for keepng separate bankrolls, lets say that i wouldnt trust my entire bankroll with my friend

what i asked is if someone has done that in practice ... and the possible outcome ... at Pinnacle for example, do they mind?

pringles

nobody hasnt got a clue?

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

Well.. I don't think they (pinnacle) will do anything about it. It doesn't make sense that they would pursue it. However, it is within their rights to do so, and they may question you about the use of the two accounts. I wouldn't reccomend that you do it.. but it should be okay.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

You'd better ask beforehand. They might not have bonuses anymore, but they still have bet limits for a reason, and multiple accounts can bypass that.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

No books like to see a player having multiple accounts. But Pinnacle is the book that will give you the least amount of discomfort if they do care to find out. Probably just merging the balance to one account and closing the rest. But other books may not be so kind.

hugh613
    hugh613's Avatar Become A Pro!

So what happens if/when you tap out in the one sport? Aren't you just going to end up dipping into the other account anyways?

Not to sound like a jerk, but unless you've had your limits drastically reduced, I don't even know what the point of this is (especially since there are no bonuses involved) - just show some discipline and/or use a spreadsheet for record keeping like everyone else.

pringles

Quote Originally Posted by oddtodd View Post
    Well.. I don't think they (pinnacle) will do anything about it. It doesn't make sense that they would pursue it. However, it is within their rights to do so, and they may question you about the use of the two accounts. I wouldn't reccomend that you do it.. but it should be okay.
    my thoughts exactly, i was hoping if anyone has had practice with this

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    You'd better ask beforehand. They might not have bonuses anymore, but they still have bet limits for a reason, and multiple accounts can bypass that.
    they obviously cant answer that question, no point in even trying

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    No books like to see a player having multiple accounts. But Pinnacle is the book that will give you the least amount of discomfort if they do care to find out. Probably just merging the balance to one account and closing the rest. But other books may not be so kind.
    definetly not merging two different accounts
    having two accounts under different names is imo the same as two guys using the same ip

pringles

Quote Originally Posted by hugh613 View Post
    Not to sound like a jerk, but unless you've had your limits drastically reduced, I don't even know what the point of this is (especially since there are no bonuses involved) - just show some discipline and/or use a spreadsheet for record keeping like everyone else.
    i told you already, separate bankrolls is the only reason

imagine that your friend creates a model that writes picks on some website and he doesnt have the time to bet them so he asks you to do it for him

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

i told you already, separate bankrolls is the only reason

imagine that your friend creates a model that writes picks on some website and he doesnt have the time to bet them so he asks you to do it for him
    You can make the bets for him with your money and he can pay you in cash? Sounds like your friend has better(more profitable) things to be doing instead of maintaining his model anyway.

Regardless I think you have your answer. Just pick your books carefully and me smart because bookmakers don't want you doing this.