ysy
    ysy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7975

BET365 steal my winnnigs at odds of 23.00

I made a bet on a tennis match for Match Winner between Sekou Bangoura vs. Alexander Zverev on Novemebr 16th.
    I placed a live bet for 300units at the odds of 23.00 on Alexander Zverev to win the match at their flash console before the match starts. I placed a bet for the underdog to win the match.
    After end of the match(3 sets match) my bet has not been settled immediately and the price of the bet was changed from 23.00 to odds of 3.00. After that my bet was settled and instead of 6900.00units winnings, I received 900.00units.

So I was cheated with 6000.00units and Bet365 stole the money from me.

I am adding these three links

http://postimage.org/image/z94q4cijj/
    http://postimage.org/image/tc9kv8ejt/
    http://postimage.org/image/uh1svmktx/

to show you how the bet was accepted at odds of 23.00, then bet stays unsettled after end of match at odds of 3.00 and then finally settled.

Please advise if you have similar experience in the past with this Bookmaker.

iqbet
    iqbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

could be a palpable error. what was the score at the time of placing your live bet?

cutter2225
    cutter2225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Here's what I found regarding that match

http://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/usa...ander-1520240/

It appears the 23.00 was clearly posted in error and your bet was adjusted to the market price. I'm going to guess you knew the posted odds were wrong and you were taking a shot at them and you should be happy they payed you at all.

Kladjo
    Kladjo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1302

"before the match starts" That was odd error!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

$23.00 is never going to be the correct line unless it's one of the big names in tennis playing in the first round or two. Sorry ysy - you took a shot, they caught it and gave you the correct payout. They could've just voided your bet altogether or even worse banned you as several other books would have done so I'd be happy with what you got.

muffins
    muffins's Avatar Become A Pro!

closing price for zverev was 3.40 b365 (1.30 close Bangoura), 3.55 bwin, 3.50 paddypower. So they have ripped you off a bit claiming 3.00, but as Shari noted you took a shot on a blatant obvious mistake so you have done well to be paid at all.

Doubt that 365 account will be any use to you from now on.

ysy

My account was restricted and limited after my bet.Bet365 opened at odds of 1.01 vs. 26.00 and after that they changed it to 1.01 to 23.00 when I placed the bet.The bet was placed before match strats at their flash version on the site.
    Last edited by ysy; 11-22-12 at 03:15 PM.

ysy

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    $23.00 is never going to be the correct line unless it's one of the big names in tennis playing in the first round or two. Sorry ysy - you took a shot, they caught it and gave you the correct payout. They could've just voided your bet altogether or even worse banned you as several other books would have done so I'd be happy with what you got.
    BET365 can not void the bet because they have waited until the match is completed to change the price form 23.00 to 3.00 and after that settled the bet.If they want to void the bet they should do it before match is started.

ysy

Quote Originally Posted by cutter2225 View Post

It appears the 23.00 was clearly posted in error and your bet was adjusted to the market price. I'm going to guess you knew the posted odds were wrong and you were taking a shot at them and you should be happy they payed you at all.
    BET365 opening prices for this match have been 1.01 to 26.00 and then changed to 1.01 to 23.00 when I placed my bet.
    The price for first set win on Zverev was 13.00.

ysy

Quote Originally Posted by cutter2225 View Post

As you can see pre-match opening odds on Zverev were 8.00 with BET365. When the match appeared online for live betting strating odds have been 26.00 then 23.00 and after many bets cut again....

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by ysy View Post
    As you can see pre-match opening odds on Zverev were 8.00 with BET365. When the match appeared online for live betting strating odds have been 26.00 then 23.00 and after many bets cut again....
    you dont have a case here ... the odds were wrong, and Bet365 paid according with the correct odds

ysy

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    you dont have a case here ... the odds were wrong, and Bet365 paid according with the correct odds
    This is your own opinion. If pre-match price is 8.00 it`s not so clear that they paid at correct odds of 3.00.They just paid at the closing price before match goes online for live betting.

cutter2225
    cutter2225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

This is your own opinion. If pre-match price is 8.00 it`s not so clear that they paid at correct odds of 3.00.They just paid at the closing price before match goes online for live betting.

Have you been betting online long? No book would honor a bet on such an erroneous line like this and further more a lot of books would have voided your wager altogether and banned you but bet365 granted you the win at the closing market price or thereabouts and then not surprisingly tightened the screws on your account. You brought that on yourself when you went shot taking. In this situation you should be happy you got paid.

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its not an opinion, its a fact. Doesnt appear to have been around 8.00 at the time of your wager, what it opened at is irrelevant.

Do you always screenshot your wagers, pre-, during- post- events or did you suspect they'd come in handy in this case (serious question, I know some ppl do at shit books, but b365 may limit and boot winners, but they're hardly known for deleting wagers or anything like that)?

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

If they have a policy where they payout adjusted odds on palpable errors (when the majority of books would just void your bet completely) then they have to wait till after the game to do so, otherwise they dont know what bets need to be adjusted and resettled !

Ok, there is some argument about what the correct market odds should be, but I can maybe see that they could have a fat-fingered mistake and hit 23 instead of 3 when typing in the odds so would kinda make sense they would adjust to 3 as thats the price they probably should have been anyway.

As others have said though, you are lucky to have been paid out anything at all on what appears to be an obvious mistake - ok not so lucky if you have arbed the other side of the bet elsewhere, as would prob still be a small loss for you, but its not as big a loss as it would be if they voided it entirely.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

I made a bet on a tennis match for Match Winner between Sekou Bangoura vs. Alexander Zverev on Novemebr 16th.
    I placed a live bet for 300units at the odds of 23.00 on Alexander Zverev to win the match at their flash console before the match starts. I placed a bet for the underdog to win the match.
    After end of the match(3 sets match) my bet has not been settled immediately and the price of the bet was changed from 23.00 to odds of 3.00. After that my bet was settled and instead of 6900.00units winnings, I received 900.00units.

So I was cheated with 6000.00units and Bet365 stole the money from me.

I am adding these three links

http://postimage.org/image/z94q4cijj/
    http://postimage.org/image/tc9kv8ejt/
    http://postimage.org/image/uh1svmktx/

to show you how the bet was accepted at odds of 23.00, then bet stays unsettled after end of match at odds of 3.00 and then finally settled.

Please advise if you have similar experience in the past with this Bookmaker.
    You are the thief NOT Bet365 as you took a shot on an obvious error in line posting and you knew full well what you were doing.

Its a shame you got paid at all and you have incredible nerve coming to this forum and creating a new thread whining that you got caught taking an obvious shot against the book.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tackler90, and Gallin

ysy

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    You are the thief NOT Bet365 as you took a shot on an obvious error in line posting and you knew full well what you were doing.

Its a shame you got paid at all and you have incredible nerve coming to this forum and creating a new thread whining that you got caught taking an obvious shot against the book.
    Why BET365 were offering few hours before the match price of 8.00 for Zverev to win the match?It`s not my mistake that I waited until match appears for live betting and place a bet on 23.00.I should do it when the price was 26.00 but I missed it. And also missed to take first set on Zverev at odds of 13.00. If they are offering any price then they should pay at the price offered.If the price is not correct they should cancel the bet before match starts, not waiting until match is completed and their liabilities are negative at this match.

benandjerry

Why BET365 were offering few hours before the match price of 8.00 for Zverev to win the match?It`s not my mistake that I waited until match appears for live betting and place a bet on 23.00.I should do it when the price was 26.00 but I missed it. And also missed to take first set on Zverev at odds of 13.00. If they are offering any price then they should pay at the price offered.If the price is not correct they should cancel the bet before match starts, not waiting until match is completed and their liabilities are negative at this match.
    You're making yourself look foolish if you're implying you were expecting odds higher than 8 at the start of the match. They opened at 8, and steadily decreased and closed in the 3-4 range everywhere, there is no reason to expect it to move back to 8, let alone 23. The only possible case you may have is it should have been settled at 3.40 which was their closing price I do believe, but I dont agree with it, and I dont think you should push it. You took a shot, they still paid at almost market price, be happy, move on, no more to it really.

By your logic I may as well contact pinny and have my Dolphins +3 that was taken slightly juiced settled at the heavy plus money it moved to because I 'could' have taken it at that price.

Nietzsche
    Nietzsche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Don't be so hard on ysy,
    I agree that if market odds were around 3.4 vs 1.3 then odds of 23 are an obvious error (and probably ysy was trying to take advantage), but it becomes a bit more confusing if they had odds of 8 at some stage.
    Where does an obvious error end and an error of judgement from the bookie starts. Nobody can tell where that line is.
    And if you backed the favourite at 1.01 (if you are stupid enough) and you won would you be paid at the revised odds of 1.3? Has that ever happened?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ysy

benandjerry

The odds were 8.00 many hours before match start, and was steadily dropping. I admit I dont follow odds movements of tennis too closely, but even if it had closed at 8.00 I dont think there is any reasonable situation where the odds will even move from 8 to 23 in the matter of minutes it was from line being closed to the live lines being posted, or is there? What the player have to do, dislocate his shoulder during warmup so its questionable whether he can play through the match? Am I completely wrong here?

I think its very clear what ysy's intent was though, and its not like he was affected in any other way (subsequent bets being affected, confiscated funds etc). They graded it at a relatively fair price right after the event. The best would obviously be to void the bet instantly.

I agree with you that the book is unlikely to automatically review and adjust odds in your favor, which isnt really fair.

ysy

Quote Originally Posted by benandjerry View Post
    The odds were 8.00 many hours before match start, and was steadily dropping. I admit I dont follow odds movements of tennis too closely, but even if it had closed at 8.00 I dont think there is any reasonable situation where the odds will even move from 8 to 23 in the matter of minutes it was from line being closed to the live lines being posted, or is there? What the player have to do, dislocate his shoulder during warmup so its questionable whether he can play through the match? Am I completely wrong here?

I think its very clear what ysy's intent was though, and its not like he was affected in any other way (subsequent bets being affected, confiscated funds etc). They graded it at a relatively fair price right after the event. The best would obviously be to void the bet instantly.

I agree with you that the book is unlikely to automatically review and adjust odds in your favor, which isnt really fair.

If something is wrong with prices all bets should be voided before match is strated , not to wait until end of the match and after big loss for bookie to decide that odds could be changed from 23.00 to 3.00.This is so unfair and unprofessional.Never expected similar action from BET365.The live trader was in trouble and decided to change odds so customers receive some money instead of nothing and avoid complaints later.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

=This is so unfair and unprofessional..
    Its actually VERY fair and professional.

A lot of books would have voided your bet totally, even after the match finished as you were betting inplay.

ysy

Quote Originally Posted by dealer wins View Post
    Its actually VERY fair and professional.

A lot of books would have voided your bet totally, even after the match finished as you were betting inplay.
    Where is the fairness to wait to see who will wins the match and if you are loosing a lot of money to decide to offer to the client odds of 3.00 instead to receive complaints after that?
    Do you want ot see a copy of the chat that they were offering me 300 units bonus after their unfair action?

RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

the fact that ysy knew to get screengrabs ruins his credibility. he knew he the odds were a mistake and he tried to exploit it. i agree he's lucky he wasn't banned.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I handled this dispute. It was an obvious error, and Bet365 handled this properly.

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

Quote Originally Posted by RMStanley View Post
    the fact that ysy knew to get screengrabs ruins his credibility. he knew he the odds were a mistake and he tried to exploit it. i agree he's lucky he wasn't banned.
    not necessarily - i screengrab everything just in case.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ysy

ysy

Quote Originally Posted by RMStanley View Post

I am taking screenshots of every bet because have bad experience in the past with other bookies.

danyel
    danyel's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a common practice of Bet365
    They intentionally give the wrong odds and after the match they say it was an "error"
    If the bet is won , then they change the odds,
    If the bet is lost, well then bad luck, it remains lost even if it was an "error".
    They are the scumbags of bookmakers industry. I quit playing with them since a friend of mine got his winnings stolen and made to go through a hell of verification process. with pictures of him with his id or the present newspaper in his hands, mockery...

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7
    I handled this dispute. It was an obvious error, and Bet365 handled this properly.
    Was 8:1 an error too?

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

How is this still a player's site?
    Are you too blind to realize this is a free-roll tactic by a shitty brit book?
    If he loses they keep the money. If he wins they pay out their shitty 3.00.

This needs to be CANCELLED right away if it's an error. Or paid in full. If they didn't catch it they have to pay in full.
    You guys are disgusting.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    How is this still a player's site?
    Are you too blind to realize this is a free-roll tactic by a shitty brit book?
    If he loses they keep the money. If he wins they pay out their shitty 3.00.

This needs to be CANCELLED right away if it's an error. Or paid in full. If they didn't catch it they have to pay in full.
    You guys are disgusting.
    There are two ways a book can handle these types of disputes.

If your rules say adjust the odds, you honor the bet, but pay at "market" odds. Bet365's rules provide for this, and they do this.

The other way is to void the wager. If there is no rule on point, this is the default.

Regardless of the rules, you set yourself up to get screwed if you bet a market at 23:1 when the market is close to 3:1.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by Nietzsche View Post
    Don't be so hard on ysy,
    I agree that if market odds were around 3.4 vs 1.3 then odds of 23 are an obvious error (and probably ysy was trying to take advantage), but it becomes a bit more confusing if they had odds of 8 at some stage.
    Where does an obvious error end and an error of judgement from the bookie starts. Nobody can tell where that line is.
    And if you backed the favourite at 1.01 (if you are stupid enough) and you won would you be paid at the revised odds of 1.3? Has that ever happened?
    I was that stupid guy a few months ago, and I got laughed off this forum for suggesting I ask the book to pay the correct odds.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    There are two ways a book can handle these types of disputes.

If your rules say adjust the odds, you honor the bet, but pay at "market" odds. Bet365's rules provide for this, and they do this.

The other way is to void the wager. If there is no rule on point, this is the default.

Regardless of the rules, you set yourself up to get screwed if you bet a market at 23:1 when the market is close to 3:1.
    With all respect (because i think you are one of the few honest people left here), bad lines have to be cancelled or paid out.
    If they are not checking the bets or their own lines, it's bad bookmaking (what a surprise at 3.65).

This rule is just in place so they can steal, they can make up any odds they want and say: this was the real wagering price.
    Not everyone is aware of what the odds should be esp. "recreational" bettors, and we all know this is a squares only book, i've seen extreme jumps before and i think we all have. So now they turn their error into an easy advantage, pay low odds for an underdog.

You are acting as if this was a poor book that needs protection. The juice at this place is usually terrible, so why shouldn't they pay for an error if they are too badly managed to spot it and cancel.
    No let them have this thievery rule instead, and jump on the player. What if this happens with erm...7.00?
    Are they allowed to do the same thing? Pay 3.00 when it should have been 4.00 maybe? Give the customer a bet he didn't want?

benandjerry

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    With all respect (because i think you are one of the few honest people left here), bad lines have to be cancelled or paid out.
    If they are not checking the bets or their own lines, it's bad bookmaking (what a surprise at 3.65).

This rule is just in place so they can steal, they can make up any odds they want and say: this was the real wagering price.
    Not everyone is aware of what the odds should be esp. "recreational" bettors, and we all know this is a squares only book, i've seen extreme jumps before and i think we all have. So now they turn their error into an easy advantage, pay low odds for an underdog.

You are acting as if this was a poor book that needs protection. The juice at this place is usually terrible, so why shouldn't they pay for an error if they are too badly managed to spot it and cancel.
    No let them have this thievery rule instead, and jump on the player. What if this happens with erm...7.00?
    Are they allowed to do the same thing? Pay 3.00 when it should have been 4.00 maybe? Give the customer a bet he didn't want?

You do know just about all books have this rule in their terms, right?

Had he taken it at 7.00 I'd say pay the man his monies since its at least reasonably close. 23.00, not so much, at no point was it even close to that, the player he backed would have to lose first set 0-6, dislocate his shoulder badly, or something similar to that for it to even be close to a realistic line.

95% or more of the recreational bettors would understand this was a bad line (as long as they are familiar with the players and not just throwing darts), 100% of the recreating bettors that would come here to complain would be aware that it was a bad line.

I do agree with two points you've made though, the book should void it pre game, the only reason it could possibly be excused is if they didnt detect it, but they most likely knew a bad line was present and thus should be able to void it. I also agree that Justin appears to one of not too many guys with a great deal of honesty and integrity around here, from what I've seen.

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have no clue as to who is right in this case. All I would say is, Bet365 might possibly be the safest book in the world. Sure they'll limit you fast but if you're just messing around with three team parlays or you want a decent bet on the EPL they're about as solid as they come.

They should have voided this before the start, no doubt about that, but let's not get them confused with the offshore scum.

12 Last