PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Do any books let you go to costa rica and pick up your money if you win big?

I know it's a good problem to have, but I've been doing pretty well lately and holy shit getting my money out is costly and annoying. And we aren't even talking huge dollars. What happens if I were to go on a really nice run and rack up a balance to 30-40-50k?? How do americans get their money out?

With 5 dimes i'm trying to get a few g's out.

"sorry sir you only get 3 P2P's out per 8 days"
    "sorry sir we dont do the DC withdraw to your bank" (freakin top 5 bank in country)
    "sorry sir we do not offer bank wires"

I'm not the only one here who hates dealing with paper checks?? That's my last option is 3k per week with that.

I ended up doing a few book to book transfers hoping to hit their roll over and cash out with them.

WTF Happens if someone makes 100K? Can we go to Costa Rica and leave with a bag of cash? I couldn't imagine with dealing with the headaches of getting that much money out. Holy shit. I know these books are doing their best, but tell me high rollers there must be other options and workarounds that these books are offering you? Or you just getting booted before you win that big?

PharaohUB

What % of checks from 5Dimes would you say get bounced? Just seriously out of curiosity. It scares me having to deal with opening up my bank statements or something if a check were going to bounce and my bank and/or 5dimes and their processor wanted to look into it. I know it's happened before.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Yeah Tony will be waiting for ya at the Cashier's window #3 with a big smile and a rolling duffel bag.

PharaohUB

I would never actually do that. It doesn't seem safe.

Just a question. I know people in the U.S. have hit jackpots, or won big in sports. Are they really all collecting 900 a week down at walmart for 2 years straight? or deposit 3k checks in their bank account every year FOR A YEAR?!?!?? There has got to be some other options. Maybe not. Its absolutely insane i can't get 5 k out walking down to walmart 5 times. and paying 4-500 in fees. 5k is NOT alot of money to win.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Unfortunately there are no other options except the once that are listed on 5Ds site for US customers.
    Like you said you can try to transfer larger chunks to other books and try to speed up the payout that way. Also since you mentioned that they refused to work with your DC, why don't you try to open up another DC with a local Credit Union, do one small deposit to 5Ds and request a payout to that new card? Is it something that could potentially work for you?

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

going to Costa Rica and picking up a bag with $50k

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

I remember that vyomguy won an open parlay 25 slots for about 250k. Then, he had done book to book transfer to Bookmaker and had able to get money out easier.

PharaohUB

mo money mo problems

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

The CR books will tell you that you can't just show up here and pickup your cash.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    What % of checks from 5Dimes would you say get bounced?
    Probably < 1%. You hear when it happens, you don't hear about the large majority that go smoothly.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33426

I don't know about Costa Rica, but I've heard plenty of (not firsthand) stories of books making big cash payoffs in Vegas. These are all credit players, though. I'm not sure if the books will stick their necks out like that for us post-up peasants.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

I know it's a good problem to have, but I've been doing pretty well lately and holy shit getting my money out is costly and annoying. And we aren't even talking huge dollars. What happens if I were to go on a really nice run and rack up a balance to 30-40-50k?? How do americans get their money out?

With 5 dimes i'm trying to get a few g's out.

"sorry sir you only get 3 P2P's out per 8 days"
    "sorry sir we dont do the DC withdraw to your bank" (freakin top 5 bank in country)
    "sorry sir we do not offer bank wires"

I'm not the only one here who hates dealing with paper checks?? That's my last option is 3k per week with that.

I ended up doing a few book to book transfers hoping to hit their roll over and cash out with them.

WTF Happens if someone makes 100K? Can we go to Costa Rica and leave with a bag of cash? I couldn't imagine with dealing with the headaches of getting that much money out. Holy shit. I know these books are doing their best, but tell me high rollers there must be other options and workarounds that these books are offering you? Or you just getting booted before you win that big?
    If you climb aboard an airplane either leaving or entering the United States with more than 10k, you MUST fill out a finCEN 105 form. If you fail to do so, customs can seize your money, and you'll probably never see it again, not to mention they can fine you up to 500k and imprison you for up to 10 years. I don't know what happens as far as how much cash you can carry when you do fill out the finCEN form, but you better talk to a lawyer and find out exactly what the deal is, cause if you try to sneak more than 10k on a plane, you're rolling the dice big time.

www.fincen.gov/forms/files/fin105_cmir.pdf

DirkDiggs
    Clippers ML!
    DirkDiggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Join a credit union.

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I don't know about Costa Rica, but I've heard plenty of (not firsthand) stories of books making big cash payoffs in Vegas. These are all credit players, though. I'm not sure if the books will stick their necks out like that for us post-up peasants.
    This