psycrow
    psycrow's Avatar Become A Pro!

How live Sport betting works?

Hi everybody,

I was looking for some useful info in Internet about how sport books website software works in live betting.What I am interested is not algorithms and calculations,instead I want to know how sportbooks manage to change lines,active and dis-active odds so I want to know more about "human related" part.
    As an example,imagine there is a soccer match going on.let me clarify some points: (every question and point has related index)

(1) There are only "human beings" that reflect everything happening(penalty ,red card,yellow card,goals,dangerous attacks,...) in the game on website,right?So there are no software that scan the videos and get some info out if it.true?

(2) How they organize any possible "delays" they have in video reception ? Nowadays there are many live games sport-books support that happens on another continent with lots of distance.how they are sure they dont have delays? obviously someone in stadium with internet connection can win easily if there are some delays!
    These delays are significantly important in very fast and point based games like ping pong,badminton,futsal etc.
    If they put small amount amount of time for delay,maybe somebody in stadium can win and on the other hand on long delay,it is practicaly impossible for sports like table tennis to bet because while odds are dis-actived for delays,we are on next point in game!(correct me if I am wrong)

(3) What if sport-books mistake in some facts in game(it is highly possible because of the human affection on live bets).for example suppose in a soccer match at min 90 team A make a goal but referee says it is an offside;sport-book website by mistake change probability of draw from 1.2 to 8 .what if someone smart bet immediately 1000 $ on draw!? Can sport book void the bet later?anybody had or saw some cases like it before?

(4) How sport-books manage some facts like something happens in match which is not predicted before? suppose in a table tennis match referee made a mistake and while both players are friends,players agree to fix referee mistake by deliberately servicing one point into net!(it happens two weeks ago in girl European champions) OR there was some soccer matches that after a referee mistake or unpredicted goal,one team agrees to make a fair play and receive a goal deliberately.Somebody can take advantage of it and win alot of money with an easy sure bet!isn't it?
    Are sportbooks are smart enough to understand these happenings?

I am completely new in sport betting and sorry if the question is not in proper place in website and sorry for my English

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just couldn't get this national anthem out of my head while reading your post.
    Sorry.

Kazakhstan greatest country in the world all other countrys are run by little girls.
    Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium!
    Other countries have inferior potassium.
    Kazakhstan home of the tinshein swimming pool it's length thirty metre and width six metre.
    Filtration system a marvel to behold it removes 80 percent of human solid waste.
    Kazakhstan,Kazakhstan, you very nice place, from plains of tarashenk to northern fence of jewtown.
    Kazakhstan, friend of all except Uzbekistan, they very nosey people with bone in their brain.
    Kazakhstan, industry best in the world, we invented toffee and the trouser belt.
    Kazakhstan, prostitutes cleanest in the region, except of course for Turkmenistan's.
    Kazakhstan,Kazakhstan, you very nice place, from plains of tarashenk to northern fence of jewtown.
    Come grasp the mighty penis of our leader, from juction with testes to tip of its face.