Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook - Bugged Software and Indifferent CS - CHECK YOUR BALANCE

I have a negative balance at Matchbook. I have had this balance for a week. I have asked repeatedly why I have a negative balance. They tell me "Tech Support" is looking into it. I have received no resolution.

It is obvious their software is bugged (How the **** else do I get a negative balance?!?). I don't really care about bugged software, but the fact they aren't addressing what could be a systematic theft from players is what worries me.

Please check your balances and make sure that they have not randomly deducted amounts from your balance due to this error. Hopefully none of you were actually carrying a balance. Luckily this money isn't "mine" that they've debited.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

strange for them not to get to the bottom of this quicker

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    I have a negative balance at Matchbook. I have had this balance for a week. I have asked repeatedly why I have a negative balance. They tell me "Tech Support" is looking into it. I have received no resolution.

It is obvious their software is bugged (How the **** else do I get a negative balance?!?). I don't really care about bugged software, but the fact they aren't addressing what could be a systematic theft from players is what worries me.

Please check your balances and make sure that they have not randomly deducted amounts from your balance due to this error. Hopefully none of you were actually carrying a balance. Luckily this money isn't "mine" that they've debited.
    It is possible to get a negative balance if a past wager of yours that was paid was changed from a win to a loss. Likely a technical error though, you would think they would want to clear it up quick.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

My balance is ok...

Thremp

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    It is possible to get a negative balance if a past wager of yours that was paid was changed from a win to a loss. Likely a technical error though, you would think they would want to clear it up quick.
    Def not a wager change. Unless you think Romney won.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

This has happened to me at Betfair before, had -$5000 in my account when one of my wagers was turned from a win back to the market being "suspended", before this happened I had another $5000 bet on, on another match. I would wonder what would happen had my bet lost.

Thremp

Except they have a bug. Unless willard next POTUS.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

yeah that actually happened to me there last year. they misgraded one of my losing bets as a win, and i didn't know it was a misgrade because i had enough bets in action i didn't know exactly which bets had won or lost. i made another bet with that money, they fixed the grading, and i had a negative balance for a little bit until another pending bet won.

Thremp

I received a response yesterday. Apparently the bug is fixed.

I find it very annoying to take these minor issues public in order to receive support.

MatchbookMike
    MatchbookMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2288

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    I received a response yesterday. Apparently the bug is fixed.

I find it very annoying to take these minor issues public in order to receive support.
    Hi Thremp,

Apologies that you appear to have experienced some problems with your account recently.Matchbook prides itself on having a responsive admin and problem resolution.The issue was looked into immediately but took a little longer to resolve than we all would have liked. I trust all is in order with your account and that you usually experience no problems. Please message me if their is anything else I can do to help.

Kind regards
    Matchbook Mike

Thremp

Mike,

I'd love to, but I can't (message you privately). I'm sure you can locate my e-mail and contact me though. Regardless, all does seem in order with my account. Thanks!