creed
    creed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1050

You are way off . This post takes the cake

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

There was absolutely no reason for the top guys to be in the US. They couldve done day to day business from anywhere else inthe world. An example of old school guys not doing business in a 21st century way.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

How can we be sure they are indeed real part owners, not just somebody doing substantial business with? They could have claimed to be owners in order to sound solid for big bets, but for real? in US?

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    There was absolutely no reason for the top guys to be in the US. They couldve done day to day business from anywhere else inthe world. An example of old school guys not doing business in a 21st century way.
    Who knows. Some of those guys are old and sick, with more money than they know what to do with? Why are they bothering with it to begin with is equally a good question.

Popcorn Trick

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    How can we be sure they are indeed real part owners, not just somebody doing substantial business with? They could have claimed to be owners in order to sound solid for big bets, but for real? in US?
    Are you saying you don' t think owners live in US?

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn Trick View Post
    Are you saying you don' t think owners live in US?
    I don't know. If I am owner, I either live outside or tell nobody. Can't believe they are so good at bookmaking but so bad at this common sense.

gambleballs
    gambleballs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 739

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn Trick View Post
    I think this is pretty right on... I do know a thing or two about this, but won't say anything dumb to grab a little forum fame, but I would like to insert my long held theory and that is this (which you guys might think is dumb)

Pinnacle, Cantor - Gorgeous' son- it is what I have been saying for year - all these books are in cahoots or at least all poney up when they want to rig a game. I used to just think a conglomerate off-shore books did, but it's everyone. There is just too much $$ involved for them not to...This might not just be about taking bets, but paying $ to affect outcomes of games.

Again, there is just too much $ for them not to stick their fingers in a game every now and then. Not paying a ref off with thousands like my dumb friend always suggests, but millions!
    GMAFB. This isn't Italian soccer and high school football. This is NFL and the likes.

Okiejoe
    He's 6-5, with afro 6-9...
    Okiejoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

FBI is full of shit these guys arnt the owners...there just big time agents in the states for pinnacle. FBI always try to make things sound bigger then they really are. The only reason they actually picked them up is because of interstate gambling. The second runners pick up cash across state lines its a part of the federal gambling act and they penetrate you. If your a bookie stick to being a bookie in your state and don't take out of state customers and theres really not much they can do to you.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Okiejoe View Post
    FBI is full of shit these guys arnt the owners...

Popcorn Trick

Quote Originally Posted by gambleballs View Post
    GMAFB. This isn't Italian soccer and high school football. This is NFL and the likes.
    And Five mil wouldn't sway a ref or a player on a big game. You say you can do this with Italian Soccer and high school football or whatever, but fret not the pay-offs would be commensurate with how big the sport, how big the game.

Funny thing is I am throwing out a theory that may not be right. Some might say my thinking is completely flawed, but I know for a fact many of these posts in this thread are dead wrong. Many that you would say had much better logic than mine here.

First 1234