thesias
    thesias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

BetVictor account closed !

Today I received an email from Victor Chandler to inform me that my account was closed... just like that without any reason.

There was someone in this position and what to do in this case? Thank you.

filipinho
    filipinho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thesias View Post
    There was someone in this position and what to do in this case? Thank you.
    You could join the club. Research a little, they kick everyone.

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

this is how they roll at betvictor my friend.....i had a buddy that lost 2k on a bet and they still closed his account....cr@p book, your better off somewhere else anyway.....

Bleeth
    Bleeth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

Lovely news was waiting for me after i got home:

Code:
    Dear Mr xxxxxx,

We are contacting you today to advise that a business decision has been taken by our Senior Traders and I must inform you that betting Account Number xxxxxxx has now been closed and no further business may be executed on your behalf.

The balance of this Account now stands at zero with no outstanding bets.

Please be advised that no bonuses will be payable on any previous activity on this account and any promotional balance in your account at the time of closure has been removed.

As explained in our Terms and Conditions, a Traders decision is final and will not be over turned. I have taken the liberty of copying this below.

BetVictor reserves the right to refuse the whole or any part of any bet request for any reason. Once a bet has been confirmed, it cannot be changed or voided other than in exceptional circumstances. We also reserve the right to close any account without obligation to state a reason.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your past custom.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Ioannis
    BetVictor Contact centre.

This communication and the information it contains :- 
    a) Is intended for the person(s) or organisation(s) named above. Access to this mail by anyone else is unauthorised. 
    b) Is confidential and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected in law. Unauthorised use, circulation, copying or disclosure of any part of this communication may be unlawful. 
    c) May be susceptible to interference and should not be assumed that it has come in its original form and / or from the stated sender.
    If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender immediately by email and delete it and all copies from your system.

Really don't get why don't just state the reason for closing the account, what would that cost them ? Not that would change anything but i'd still like to know the explanation.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
    Really don't get why don't just state the reason for closing the account, what would that cost them ? Not that would change anything but i'd still like to know the explanation.
    They did give you the explanation :-) "Business decision" says it all - it means you are expected to be an unprofitable customer. Personally I prefer the VC method, rather than the likes of Will Hill or Bet365 keeping the account open, but limited to max stake size of pennies.

YPS
    YPS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some bookmakers are overreacting a little bit lately. In my opinion its ok if they closed accounts of arbitrage players (very much too much of these guys arround) but bet365 for example limited a friend of mine to pennies and I know for sure that this guy donīt even know what arbitrage playing is. Sometimes he likes to bet "higher" amounts (100 Euro) on his favourite players and that is already too much for books like bet365, Victor Chandler etc

Bleeth
    Bleeth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    They did give you the explanation :-) "Business decision" says it all - it means you are expected to be an unprofitable customer. Personally I prefer the VC method, rather than the likes of Will Hill or Bet365 keeping the account open, but limited to max stake size of pennies.
    Or even worse Ladbrokes not closing your account but limiting you to 0.00 EUR max. bet.