BeardedTaco
    BeardedTaco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

question for players who had limits slashed at 5dimes

It took a while but 5Dimes has finally caught on to my "sharp" account after I ran it up to mid 5 figures. My limits are cut in half on reduced and regular wagering.

Question: Is there a next step? For example would they cut me off completely from reduced betting and 10% on regular wagering if I kept winning and betting sharply? Ban my account etc?

I'm mostly asking this because I really limited my account activities in terms of cashing out to stay under the radar but now with the half limits restriction I'm wondering if I can start operating more freely going forward as the cat is pretty much out of the bag now.
    Last edited by BeardedTaco; 10-17-12 at 07:58 PM.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Can you give some examples of your limits?

I don't know if I've been limited or they just have low limits on lots of stuff.

BeardedTaco

I could bet $500 at any reduced juice now $250

I could bet $5000 on nfl side at normal juice now it's $2500 etc...

Oh and what's up with 5dimes accepting USD moneybookers deposits but not allowing withdrawals with USD currency for Moneybookers???

maxvalue1
    maxvalue1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Not sure whats next regarding 5dimes...have you had any other limit cuts with other books?..and if so what would be your game plan if most of your action gets cut off??

BeardedTaco

It's only half of my action. Considering I can bet multiple times at 5dimes before the line moves it's still worth it to some extent. Just looking for more info on the natural progression of the limiting process at 5dimes.

lovetobet
    lovetobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2200

Hmmm, don't have the answer you want but I'll ask you a question, thus bumping your post and giving you a legitimate chance to re-bump it. I've bet the limit a couple times on the reduced juice line are you saying you can turn around and bet it over and over multiple times if the line has stayed where you want it?? If so that seems like a combination of strange and stupid. Plus stupid on my part for not throwing down another quick bet when this has happened.

BeardedTaco

Yes you can bet $500 and wait 3-15 mins (I'm not sure what determines the exact time) and place another $500 at reduced juice on the same line if its still there.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

I got a $50 limit across the board on 5dimes reduced juice

You should feel lucky with just a 50% reduction

lumpy19
    lumpy19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedTaco View Post
    It took a while but 5Dimes has finally caught on to my "sharp" account after I ran it up to mid 5 figures. My limits are cut in half on reduced and regular wagering.

Question: Is there a next step? For example would they cut me off completely from reduced betting and 10% on regular wagering if I kept winning and betting sharply? Ban my account etc?

I'm mostly asking this because I really limited my account activities in terms of cashing out to stay under the radar but now with the half limits restriction I'm wondering if I can start operating more freely going forward as the cat is pretty much out of the bag now.
    I recently just had the same reduction, everything in half. I had a nice several year run with full limits. I avoided cashing out by transferring with other books. I requested my first cashout from 5d in September and was cut in half on limits the same day. Is this similar to what happened to you? Sure feels like if I hadn't requested that cashout I'd still be in the clear.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have a delay yet? Weird if you don't.

BeardedTaco

Quote Originally Posted by lumpy19 View Post
    I recently just had the same reduction, everything in half. I had a nice several year run with full limits. I avoided cashing out by transferring with other books. I requested my first cashout from 5d in September and was cut in half on limits the same day. Is this similar to what happened to you? Sure feels like if I hadn't requested that cashout I'd still be in the clear.
    No that was the thing. I did not request anything over the last few weeks. I'm now a bit perplexed as to what would happen to the rest of my limits if I were indeed to cashout.

Why would they not look at your account "status" when doing a book to book xfer? It's essentially a cashout. I was always afraid of 5dimes noticing it AND sharing info with the other book.

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh and what's up with 5dimes accepting USD moneybookers deposits but not allowing withdrawals with USD currency for Moneybookers???
    They do allow it, not sure why they wouldnt for you.

BeardedTaco

Quote Originally Posted by benandjerry View Post
    They do allow it, not sure why they wouldnt for you.
    yeah it's weird. If I select EUR,GBP or CAD the only e-wallet option that comes up is Moneybookers

If I select USD the only e-wallet option is Neteller

BeardedTaco

Nevermind I selected $9k USD which is too high for a MB cashout. $7.5k is the max

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

I was in a similar position, i didnt want to cash out because i worried that they would limit me and notice my action. They finally decided to cut my limits in half, and iv been cashing out monthly since (while still winning). They have not further reduced my limits...yet. But i know they are capable of it. They havent yet, so i would recommend you keep betting. Milk it as long as you can. And remember, its a good problem to have.

Boomstick6
    Boomstick6's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is an unfortunate time. Books are kicking winners out, or at least redcucing a winning player signifigantly. Most posters here don't experience it, but when you get limied to a couple hundred per play its a terrible feeling...

lumpy19
    lumpy19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

No that was the thing. I did not request anything over the last few weeks. I'm now a bit perplexed as to what would happen to the rest of my limits if I were indeed to cashout.

Why would they not look at your account "status" when doing a book to book xfer? It's essentially a cashout. I was always afraid of 5dimes noticing it AND sharing info with the other book.
    Not sure. I know in the 2 months since they've been cut in half the only real effect on my action there is that I have to be patient if I want to get a bet in.

I played a CFB total there for 2k, $250 at a time, took me about an hour to get the bets in but every other shop had it OTB due to an injury and 5d left it open.

I've also been withdrawing every week, no change in limits yet.