xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Help with BetDSI

I just went to make a deposit, first time. Was going to take advantage of the 150% bonus they have going on. Anyway, they only accept Vissa, and I have a Masterkard. So I clicked a link to Live Chat in an e-mail sent to me from BetDSI. They asked for my user name, which I gave, then after explaining my situation, she asked me for my password. Said it was for security purposes. I found that very strange so I didn't give out my password. I said I will be back and didn't want to give out my password.

Is this normal? And do they really only accept Vissa?

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

yes is norm...... u can use the ********** with wasteonion online just pay little more money

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes, they always ask for password

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

5dimes does the same thing, the idea of regular support agents being able to check your password always struck me a bit of a security issue...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

dont u guys think these agents could get in ur account if they wanted to?

i really doubt they NEED u to tell them ur password

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10503

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post

That makes sense since they're sitting there looking at your password anyway.

benandjerry

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post

obviously they can, I think you're missing the point, it could be seen as a security issue if employees so low on the ladder as live chat representatives has full acceess to your account, including password and all personal details. Imagine if someone got access to your account, they blame you for being wreckless, how would you know its not one of those guys either being clumsy or taking advantage (obviously if a larger amount of accounts were compromised it would be apparent where the issue were at), but some of these support agents are probably completely uneducated or at least you can get that impression dealing with some supports...

An agent at a more established bookmaker would never ask for your password, and I sincerly doubt they would have access to it any more than a bank teller would have to your pin.

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

Quote Originally Posted by benandjerry View Post
    obviously they can, I think you're missing the point, it could be seen as a security issue if employees so low on the ladder as live chat representatives has full acceess to your account, including password and all personal details. Imagine if someone got access to your account, they blame you for being wreckless, how would you know its not one of those guys either being clumsy or taking advantage (obviously if a larger amount of accounts were compromised it would be apparent where the issue were at), but some of these support agents are probably completely uneducated or at least you can get that impression dealing with some supports...

An agent at a more established bookmaker would never ask for your password, and I sincerly doubt they would have access to it any more than a bank teller would have to your pin.
    I'm in agreement with you ben. But if you want to play at DSI you'll have to take this risk.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Quote Originally Posted by King_Suckerman View Post
    I'm in agreement with you ben. But if you want to play at DSI you'll have to take this risk.
    Not worth the risk, I will stick with Pinny. No one should be able to view your password. That goes for anything, internet forums, bank accounts, Facebook etc. That is something that should be secure.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i am not sure why they need the password either, but for 5 dimes and bet dsi (and bookmaker) you need to give it. when i call bovada up i dont have to and just give my mother's maiden name and city i was born.

benandjerry

Quote Originally Posted by xraygord View Post

Not worth the risk, I will stick with Pinny. No one should be able to view your password. That goes for anything, internet forums, bank accounts, Facebook etc. That is something that should be secure.
    Not that big of an issue for me since I wouldnt keep too much at either of them, and only use book to book transfer or moneybookers. But it does make you feel a little bit uneasy, and I most definitely wouldnt feel to comfy having a card linked to my account, especially one with credit.

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    i am not sure why they need the password either, but for 5 dimes and bet dsi (and bookmaker) you need to give it. when i call bovada up i dont have to and just give my mother's maiden name and city i was born.
    username and secret question is more standard procedure and makes sense, even though secret question can be used to request password at most places, but not without access to ones email addy...

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i prefer the secret question, not sure why more books dont incorporate this. one of the things i like about bovada even when posting baseball lines much later than other books.