lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Offshore Checks for US Players

Please tell me more about this method. I have not requested a check from an offshore book in many years because it seemed to be a hassle on waiting for it and then taking it to a bank. Last time I deposited one I was treated like I was from Mars because it was international bank. Do you deposit in bank? How long before funds clear? Also, does anybody get them cashed at check cashing places and what are the fee's generally? All replies appreciated. Thanks!

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Yeah i've run into a few inquisitive tellers who like to ask questions too. And the checks I get can't be read by the ATM and are rejected. But if you use a major bank and have a smart phone most of them have an app that lets you just photograph the check to make a deposit. This has worked for me. The funds are usually available in a day or 2 but it could bounce anytime in the next 5 to 7 business days (very rare). Getting money from p2p was the worst experience. They lady was grilling me about why it was for $499 and not just $500 and asking me about what was my relation to the person who was sending me the money. I felt like i was on an episode of 'Locked Up Abroad'. Never again. I would much rather just wait for a check
    Points Awarded:

lyon804 gave dww123 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    Yeah i've run into a few inquisitive tellers who like to ask questions too. And the checks I get can't be read by the ATM and are rejected. But if you use a major bank and have a smart phone most of them have an app that lets you just photograph the check to make a deposit. This has worked for me. The funds are usually available in a day or 2 but it could bounce anytime in the next 5 to 7 business days (very rare). Getting money from p2p was the worst experience. They lady was grilling me about why it was for $499 and not just $500 and asking me about what was my relation to the person who was sending me the money. I felt like i was on an episode of 'Locked Up Abroad'. Never again. I would much rather just wait for a check
    I have had an agent ask why I was sending, but never receiving. That is weird. When they ask, I always say -- well, I took a trip to Costa Rica, and I knocked up a girl there...... and this is for child support. Please don't tell my wife. At that point, they usually stop asking questions.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    I have had an agent ask why I was sending, but never receiving. That is weird. When they ask, I always say -- well, I took a trip to Costa Rica, and I knocked up a girl there...... and this is for child support. Please don't tell my wife. At that point, they usually stop asking questions.
    Well I went to an unfamiliar bank that I guess were an outlet for the money transfer company i used. So it wasn't an agent for the company but a bank teller. Is a bank not an ideal place to go for a p2p?

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Please tell me more about this method. I have not requested a check from an offshore book in many years because it seemed to be a hassle on waiting for it and then taking it to a bank. Last time I deposited one I was treated like I was from Mars because it was international bank. Do you deposit in bank? How long before funds clear?
    As far as depositing them into my bank account, I've never had a problem.

Once I was asked what it was for and I said "Business" and that was the end of it.
    Every other time no problem. And this has included checks with every word written in a foreign language.
    Always has cleared quickly - a few days usually.
    Points Awarded:

lyon804 gave Scooter 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Reno Paul
    Reno Paul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    Well I went to an unfamiliar bank that I guess were an outlet for the money transfer company i used. So it wasn't an agent for the company but a bank teller. Is a bank not an ideal place to go for a p2p?
    Yeah I was getting a p2p payout at a US bank at one time and I got a nosey teller asking me do I know the sender and so on. I didn't like it.

When I have gone to a grocery store to get a p2p payout, no questions are asked.

I recommend doing p2p transfers at a local grocery store.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Paul View Post
    Yeah I was getting a p2p payout at a US bank at one time and I got a nosey teller asking me do I know the sender and so on. I didn't like it.

When I have gone to a grocery store to get a p2p payout, no questions are asked.

I recommend doing p2p transfers at a local grocery store.
    This is good advice, and never do the online option - always make the trip to the store.