jwilson462
    jwilson462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6109

Prop cancelled. Legit? (5D)

Recreational player, and unlike everyone else here, a lifetime loser. I do like throwing a unit out here or there if I see props I like.

Tonight, 5D listed the following in the fourth quarter of the Boise State/BYU game:

9305 Second score/Next score a TD: Y +250, N -320

I put a unit on Y and went back to watching the game. Eventually, the next score was a BYU TD. When I checked my account, the wager had been cancelled (at about four minutes after I placed it).

Now, I sent an e-mail, and I presume I'm going to be told it was a bad line, with the numbers switched. I guess. I'm not sure that I buy +250 on the "not a TD" option, given that the field position opened up the possibility of a safety or a turnover and a short field goal (even given BSU's kicking issues). I've no plans to go to war over this, and I'm certainly not sure I'm in the right, so I want to ask:

1) Was this clearly a bad line?

2) Should I have known it was a bad line?

Thanks.

jwilson462

Not a minute after I sent this, the wager was credited to me as a win. No e-mail response yet. We'll see what happens.

Unlike many, I have had virtually no bad experiences with 5D, which isn't to say I don't believe they happen. I am Pinnacle and BetJam refugee, so I'm just holding on in the hopes that this out doesn't disappear, too.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Sounds iike an obvious bad line to me unless you made the bet on 3rd and 15 in the red zone or something.

They cancelled the bet, and then re-settled as a win? Haven't heard that one from 5d.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was a bad line, as in college, its usually the opposite (yes -300 no +250)

jwilson462

Went back and checked the PBP...I don't recall where the time out fell, but I made the bet when BYU had the ball either 2nd-and-19 from their five or third-and-21 from the their three. I interpreted the line, at the time, as overestimating a safety and/or a short field for Boise ending in a FG attempt for a two-score lead. I didn't think it was a bad line (i.e., posting Robert Garrigus at -18500 to win the FedEx Cup, or having the 2012 Solheim Cup, which doesn't exist, listed for weeks) until the bet was initially cancelled.

PhillyUnionCC
    PhillyUnionCC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 385

im surprised they gave it to you they are pretty tight about that