Esco
    Esco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2725

Unmatched Bets

I gotta admit I dont understand any of this stuff, I had unmatched bets go through and I was awarded the money, then yesterday I bet on USA-Costa Rica, it shows unmatched and now I'm not being credited for the bet, it doesnt show up in my winnings.

Last week I had 3 supposedly unmatched bets that went through and my account was credited.
    But not yesterday!!

Whats the deal with this 'unmatched' business???

Esco

This was the response from Betfair:
    As you can request prices on Betfair, there are situations where you will request a price that is not available at that time (in this case you have requested 1.2 and nobody wanted to offer it to you at the time). When this happens, your bet will return as unmatched, and present itself as an unmatched request on the other side of the market, waiting for someone to match it. If someone comes along and offers to match the bet at the price that you requested, then the bet will become matched, this is when the bet is on. If nobody decides to take you on at the price that you requested then the bet will remain unmatched until the end of the event (when the market suspends). At this point your bet will 'lapse' and you will get your money back, as has happened in this situation
    I guess the safe way is to bet slightly below the odds, that way you're assured to have the bet matched

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Correct, also if your bet is not matched up until a few minutes to go, you might want to just lower the offer to assure having action on the match.

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLou View Post
    Correct, also if your bet is not matched up until a few minutes to go, you might want to just lower the offer to assure having action on the match.
    Yup, thats the mistake I made.
    I kept betting on the odds, but that changes every second almost so by the time your bet goes through its already lower

Ah well, I'm learning

Toit
    Trust me.
    Toit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6775

Quote Originally Posted by Esco View Post
    I gotta admit I dont understand any of this stuff, I had unmatched bets go through and I was awarded the money, then yesterday I bet on USA-Costa Rica, it shows unmatched and now I'm not being credited for the bet, it doesnt show up in my winnings.

Last week I had 3 supposedly unmatched bets that went through and my account was credited.
    But not yesterday!!

Whats the deal with this 'unmatched' business???
    When you place a bet on a match, on the right side of the market are 4 tabs.
    One of these tabs is 'My Bets', if you click that tab you can see whether your bet is matched or not.

Some other tips:

-Next to the two teams is a little '+' sign, if you click that the match appears on the left in the 'customised markets' so it's easy to find the match back and see if your offer is matched.

-Under the 'more options' tab you also might want to tick everything, apart from 'show sport zones'. (I think they're confusing and not really neccesary.)

Toit
    Trust me.
    Toit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6775

Quote Originally Posted by Esco View Post
    Yup, thats the mistake I made.
    I kept betting on the odds, but that changes every second almost so by the time your bet goes through its already lower

Ah well, I'm learning
    If your bet is matched you should see the green and red profit or loss figures under the team names, if you don't see anything your bet is unmatched. (unless you're in some layout option I don't know of.)

Esco

Thanks for all the advice, guys