rara51
    rara51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2052

pinnacle/neteller question

hi all - was wondering if anyone had any updates as to whether pinnacle will ever accept US customers again? i know thers has been a lot of legislation recently ( ie barney frank etc...) in regards to overturning the port act - i just wasnt sure if any of the top rated books like the pinnacles of the world will ever start taking the US client base again if in fact the laws change. The same holds true for neteller i guess, in that they stopped accepting US clients for the same reason pinnacle did which obviously restrects the sharps from betting off shore with large amounts per play. thnks rara51

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Dont think that pinnacle will return to US any time soon.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

pipe dream...not coming back!!!!!!!!!!!

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

The only chance I see (and it's a miniscule one at that) is some judicial ruling setting a precedent that would make prosecution of places like Neteller and Pinnacle unconstitutional. If and when New Jersey challenges the 1993 law that forbids sports wagering (while being allowed in Nevada), a similar suit could certainly be why some "sports" like horse racing can be bet on online through state lines, but not others, or poker. I'm pretty sure horse racing was covered in the initial wire act of 1961, as booking by "organized crime" included a lot of horse bets back then, so there are some interesting angles.

Trouble is, the NFL is so powerful, that they will use their influence (current Attorney General used to represent them) to keep online gambling from ever being legislatively endorsed. If the NFL loses in New Jersey, it will be great to see these bullies be dropped down a notch.

The country would need a complete Libertarian shift to ever see us treated like adults again, and neither of the 2 parties will go down that road. They each talk about personal freedom, civil liberties, and keeping government out of your life, but of course, neither of them mean it. Washington is a special interest town, and special interests would rather squash competition through legislation and regulation instead of openly competing in a free market.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I can't see why Pinny would have any incentive to even bother at this point until things get sorted in the US... if ever. They're doing extremely well without Americans playing there.