cutter2225
    cutter2225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Was this to easy

After reading the thread about high school football being available at sportbet.com I figured I'd open an account with them and mess around a little (I follow high school football some). Long story short I didn't realize at first they were part of the 5Dimes family of books and having an account at 5Dimes made it a no go with sportbet. However I informed sportbet that I haven't used 5Dimes in well over a year and wouldn't be so if it was possible to have my account closed at 5Dimes and join sportbet. The live chat agent said it shouldn't be a problem and asked for my 5Dimes account number, of course I couldn't remember it at all and a quick search of my laptop where I store info also came up empty so I told the rep I'll be back a little later if I find the info. At this point I was just going to say to heck with it but the urge to have high school football as an option got the better of me so I went on 5Dimes live chat to try and retrieve my account number. Heres a copy of the chat....

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Woody'
    Woody: Hello. How may I assist you today?
    mike: im trying to retrieve my account number
    Woody: Do you have your account number and password sir?
    mike: please read my question sir
    mike: i dont remember my account number
    Woody: Ok sir, can I have your full name please?
    Woody: Or email?
    mike: mike b****a and mikeb****a@msn.com
    Woody: Physical address and state?
    mike: 1** b**** road unit ***
    mike: toronto ontario
    Woody: And pjone number?
    Woody: phone*
    mike: no clue which number i had when i signed up but lets try 416*******
    Woody: No sir, is different, but we can change it to the new one you have
    mike: 647*******
    mike: new one^^
    Woody: Ok sir, your account number is: 5D*******, password: **********
    Woody: I am going to put on file about your new phone number, is that ok sir?
    mike: yes sir

I've actually never had to contact a book to retrieve my account number before so I'm not sure if this is standard procedure but it seemed a little to easy to me. I know at least 3 friends with accounts at 5Dimes and I know as much of there info (address and email) that was required for me to not only receive my account number but also password, which I wasn't expecting. I figured they'd retrieve my info and send it via email. Am I wrong thinking the info was given out to easily.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

AGREE----info should have been e-mailed.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Agree info should be emailed but they haven't gone against anything I guess, just something all books should consider as a standard practice

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

I'd agree. Too easy. Surprised that this is a big well established book.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Way too easy.

Nice to see CS reps dishing out passwords so freely. Not like an address and phone number is hard to find in this day and age, or anything.

funlw2
    funlw2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

I think your ip match your account name, so they know that was you.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

All this so you can bet high school football that is going to have high-vig and extremely low limits. Good luck with that. Betting high school ball with $100-200 limits laying 120/100 is sure to be worth your time and effort I'm guessing.

cutter2225

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    All this so you can bet high school football that is going to have high-vig and extremely low limits. Good luck with that. Betting high school ball with $100-200 limits laying 120/100 is sure to be worth your time and effort I'm guessing.
    Funny I always thought the point of this whole gaming thing was to make money. Why wouldn't I want to wager on something that makes me money. As for the $100-$200 limits, I turn a good enough profit with those limits. I started this thread only to inform people that its not that hard for someone to obtain anothers login info, in this instance anyways. I certainly wasn't asking for your opinion on my wagering preferences.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

5 Dimes doesn't use https, so your login info is not encrypted.
    This is shameful.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

What advantage does this have------site seems pretty fast compared to other books---
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    5 Dimes doesn't use https, so your login info is not encrypted.
    This is shameful.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by cutter2225 View Post
    Funny I always thought the point of this whole gaming thing was to make money. Why wouldn't I want to wager on something that makes me money. As for the $100-$200 limits, I turn a good enough profit with those limits. I started this thread only to inform people that its not that hard for someone to obtain anothers login info, in this instance anyways. I certainly wasn't asking for your opinion on my wagering preferences.
    A good enough profit with those limits huh? How many high school games are dealt per week? Ten maybe? And can we assume at best your looking at -115 on a bet? So if you bet every single high school game (let's say 120 total) for a $100 limit at -115, You'd have to win an improbable 70 out of 120 just to barely clear 1k for the whole year. If that's your idea of good enough profits for over 3 months worth of games, god bless ya. And I'd lay -400 that you wouldn't win 70 out of 120 high school games.

cutter2225

Indio please show me where in any of my posts I asked for your opinion. Not one other person found the need to comment on something not relevant to this thread except you. I see no problem with any sort of profit over the course of a season. I have a regular full time job and sports betting is a hobby not a living for me and as such every June when I do my spreadsheet for the previous calender year of wagers and see i'm in the black, I'm more then satisfied. Thanks for your concern though.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

anytime ive had to do anything with 5dimes, ive had to send in photo ID. weird.