sam b.
    sam b.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1517

Does anyone play at the 5dimes racebook?

They tell their customers the money doesn't go into the track pools, but I'm not sure I believe them. Obvioulsy customer service doesn't have a clue.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Percy'
    Percy: Hello. How may I assist you today?
    Me: If I bet in your +10% racebook, does my money go into the track pools?
    Percy: Just a moment please
    Me: Hello?
    Percy: Racebook department say that if you play at that 10 % your funds don't go to the track pools
    Me: That's what I thought, but today at Saratoga, the betting on track was mistakenly closed a full 2 minutes before the race. There is an article on DRF.com. I was attempting to place a wager at 5 dimes and the betting also closed a full 2 minutes before the race. Can you ask them to explain that?
    Percy: If the race was closed 2 minutes before it was because that was the time our system had . It has nothing to do with the track pools or anything else
    Me: Every other race today closed as the race went off, as it does at every track everyday. When betting stopped early by a human error at the track, betting stopped at 5 dimes too. It seems as though you are linked to the tote.
    Me: Is there someone else I can chat with?
    Percy: No sir . If the race went off 2,3,4,5 minutes ahead is our decision . There's no mistake . I don't see what's your point here.
    Percy: If you want more details you can call our Racebook department 1800 761 1253
    Me: My point is you are telling your customers you have nothing to do with the tote or track pools, but when a mistake was made BY SOMEONE AT THE TRACK and betting was closed 2 minutes before the race went off, the same mistake was also made at 5 dimes. Not possibly a coincidence.
    Percy: I have no information about that . Not even in the Racebook department . So I guess it's just a weird coincidence
    Me: Not possible. Thanks.

Here is the link to the DRF article. http://www.drf.com/news/saratoga-ste...-early-mistake

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Sam B, you need to think things through here.

How can 5 Dimes possibly send your bet into Saratoga's mutuel pool and pay you a 10% bonus on winning selections and possibly make money? Remember that 5 Dimes is an offshore book and is operating in violation of U.S. law so there are no deals to be made between Saratoga and 5Dimes.

In order to make sure they are NOT past posted, 5Dimes probably has some sort of arrangement worked out where they are notified at the exact time betting pools are closed and they lock down their system as well.

I would love to be able to use the 5Dimes racebook but Tony banned me quite a long time ago.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

They use the tote feed to close races, there no way to place a bet after a race is underway... the best software ever see for racebook. Same for scratches, if a scratch occurs at any track automatically is scratched in the racebook, all bets are backed by the book. They are not allowed (or other books) to send those bets to the pool (its illegal) they can only back it.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

David, I remember you saying you're a pretty big horse bettor.

Do you use Ehorse? I was banned last week as they told me they want to focus on small bettors only.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

I am doing well, now betting horses at internet shops (all commingle to usa pools) with good rebates (range from 10% to 22% on each bet placed). Very very happy.

If you want bet in booking sites use Carib Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    David, I remember you saying you're a pretty big horse bettor.

Do you use Ehorse? I was banned last week as they told me they want to focus on small bettors only.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3177

Solid racebook. For those who can not play at US based shops, one of the best offshore options available.