Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

5Dimes Reward Programs and Rollover Questions

5Dimes Reward Programs:
    http://www.5dimes.eu/rewardsandpromotions.html

New accounts are automatically defaulted to the #1 option which is the reduced juice thing, but if you're not betting alot on each game is it really the best reward option to choose? If you click on the link above they have several.

The number #2 option "Free-Play, MatchPlay & Lotto Rewards" looks interesting. If you look under that, it includes "The 50% Plus New Player Reward!" and read the info for that (http://www.5dimes.eu/PopUpsFromRewar...ons/50_20.html). If you deposit lets say $400 you will get a $200 reward. Of course the catch is you have to roll over your deposit 10X to get the full reward, every 1X rollover = 10% of your reward is released. But, I didn't see anything in the link above that said you can't bet heavy chalk money lines to complete the rollover.

Couldn't you bet your entire $400 deposit on like a -4000 ML, and when it wins that would be a 1X rollover then? So 10% of your reward would be released to you, then bet your entire deposit again on a big ML and get another 10% released. Just do it 10 times and you get a free $200.

If they didn't want people to be able to complete rollover easily by betting big chalk MLs then you think they would have put something in the rules then.....I see nothing listed, http://www.5dimes.eu/PopUpsFromRewar...ons/50_20.html.

Also, the 4) 30% Super Saver Reward and 5) Point Mover Special Reward Program seem interesting. Point mover reward seems decent if you are a teaser player, which is what I like to do sometimes depending on the spreads.

Does anybody have any advice on which reward program to go with it?
    Last edited by Nittany Lion; 08-13-12 at 04:28 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28781

not sure, reduced juice my personal prefrence

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

why do these books have such big favorites. they never lose. books must be getting killed.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Loss 8/7/12 11:45am Challenger Tennis 518 Antonio Veic -1000* vs Miliaan Niesten

Nittany Lion

I spoke with live chat and they explained that rollover works by going with the lesser amount between "to risk" and "to win" so if you bet $400 on a -4000 ML then only $10 would count towards rollover. So basically the info they have on this link (http://www.5dimes.eu/PopUpsFromRewar...ons/50_20.html) is wrong since it says "Wager one time the deposit amount and 10% of the Reward will become available. Once you have wagered your deposit amount twice, another 10% of the Reward becomes available and so on."

By wording it like that it makes you think you just have to bet your deposit amount. I hate when places don't have the rules clearly written out, they need to say they take the lesser amount between "risk" and "to win" when counting bets toward rollover.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

reduced juice, it lasts forever and saves you $$ on every bet. Think of reduced juice as a bet with the house edge cut in half.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

from 5Dimes free-play rules:

Rollover amounts for each wager are based on the lesser amount of risk or win in each selection. The rollover required for deposits and rewards must be completed within these terms prior processing payouts from your account.

Nittany Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    reduced juice, it lasts forever and saves you $$ on every bet. Think of reduced juice as a bet with the house edge cut in half.
    http://www.5dimes.eu/PopUpsFromRewar...cedjuice2.html

It says it's for straight bets only though, doesn't apply to parlays or teasers. I don't put any serious money on parlays but I do like playing teasers. I probably place more bets on teasers then straight bets, alot of people hate teasers but I did very well on teasers last year, NFL lines are so sharp you got to tease them. Ravens -6 line against the Bengals opening game is just begging to be teased. I'm gonna pound the shit out of that in my teasers.

I'm thinking the point mover program (http://www.5dimes.eu/PopUpsFromRewar...intbuying.html) will save me more money then the reduce juice reward program. I like the -105 line on a 2 team 6pt teaser and ties win, normal line is -115 for that. http://www.5dimes.eu/sb_charts/TeasersChartPromo.htm
    Last edited by Nittany Lion; 08-13-12 at 05:02 PM.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

if there was ever a poster due for a name change...

Nittany Lion

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    if there was ever a poster due for a name change...
    lol why? Because the high level people at Penn State fukked up big time, screw that. The whole matter was a criminal case, there shouldn't have been any NCAA penalties, they overstepped their bounds. The sanctions punish the wrong people, current players/students/coaches that had nothing to do with any of this, and all the other programs that benefit from football funding.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

NL - I'd ask customer service if it's possible for you to select "reduced juice" and also a 10% CASH BONUS since you are a new member and it's your very first deposit.

If they don't allow you the 10% Cash or Free Play. Take the reduced juice. Everything is a sucker play for bonuses. Reduced juice is a straight -105... the next book closest to that would be Pinnacle.

Nittany Lion

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    NL - I'd ask customer service if it's possible for you to select "reduced juice" and also a 10% CASH BONUS since you are a new member and it's your very first deposit.

If they don't allow you the 10% Cash or Free Play. Take the reduced juice. Everything is a sucker play for bonuses. Reduced juice is a straight -105... the next book closest to that would be Pinnacle.
    No go, just got off of live chat, no biggie though.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Percy'
    Percy: Hello. How may I assist you today?
    I'm planning on making a deposit and would like to receive a 10% cash bonus and still be on the reduced juice rewards bonus program, is that possible?
    Percy: No sir . The extra 10 % cash bonus is only for players who are from the Cashback program .
    Okay, what about a 10% freeplay on my deposit amount since this is my first deposit since I'm a new customer?
    Percy: If you want reduced line that's all you get
    Ok, just thought I'd ask
    Thanks
    Percy: You're welcome

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Take the reduced juice, every time. Those bonuses hold your money back, and reduced juice doesn't. Betting large amounts or small amounts does not matter.

Imagine a 200$ deposit.
    With 50% free play
    Say you get the 60% or so, so you now have 260$. Betting 10$ a game, you will lose around .50 a game. 520 total bets

With reduced Juice
    Your 200, losing on average .25 a game. 800 Total bets

So for a ten times roll over on your bonus you would need to bet a total of 2600 or so. So at 10$ a game, 260 bets which you would lose 130$ on. You would then cashout 130$. Whereas. reduced juice you can cashout whenever you want.

Note for the mathletes who are going to argue with the numbers, yes, I know its not completely the exact amounts in everything, but this is generally the idea for why reduced juice is better.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

every book bases it on the lesser amount of 'risk/to win'

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Posters are spot-on. Reduced juice or you are exposing yourself.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Ask them if you can switch to reduced juice once the rollover is complete.

You effectively get 5% rebate on every bet whilst rolling over with that 50% option, whereas its only certain markets at certain times that are reduced juice.

So, IF you can switch to reduced juice after the bonus rollover is done (as I did when i first joined), the bonus is the better value option.

Double check with 5D though, others have said they have been stuck for life on what you choose to start with.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

You used to be able to buy an extra 10% bonus for new accounts in the SBR store too.

Nittany Lion

Thanks for the info guys, sent a m0neygram deposit to my 5Dimes account a few hours ago. Can't wait for the regular season to start

The names of the receivers that 5Dimes gives you are hard to pronounce for a gringo like me lol, I was on the phone with the agent and he was asking for the middle name of the receiver and I was like uhhhhhh this guy has 4 parts to his name, you pick his middle name.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

reduced juice for now..... then ask to switch to cash back to collect on losses if you are losing at 5D.... keep the cash back now but kiss reduced goodbye for life.

Nittany Lion

I guess once you switch your rewards program, you can never switch back according to the person I spoke to on live chat. I know you guys are telling me to stick with the reduced juice rewards but I don't make that many straight wagers, I like teasers and I'm thinking the point mover program (http://www.5dimes.eu/PopUpsFromRewar...intbuying.html) would be the better choice for me, just not sure if I want to switch since if I did I would never be able to go back to reduced juice. And if I start losing on teasers and want to go back to making just straight bets, I would never be able to get the -105 reduced juice lines again. Decisions....decisions....decisions.

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Reduced juice is the only way to go imo. And big thumbs up to this book

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

If your down money with them I think they are lenient in letting you switch back and forth.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Tony has demonstrated several times before that 5Dimes will fight to keep the business of losing customers. Anyone remember the clown who posted and had like 8 accounts at 5Dimes and Tony didn't ban him? lol.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15613

The rest is fluff. I'll pile on with reduced juice. Cutting the house edge.

Nittany Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    Tony has demonstrated several times before that 5Dimes will fight to keep the business of losing customers. Anyone remember the clown who posted and had like 8 accounts at 5Dimes and Tony didn't ban him? lol.
    LOL, soon as he wins anything decent he'll be banned though and his winnings forfeited.