xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Moneybooker Users

I just added a credit card to my account on moneybookers and it indicates i have to confirm a small fee credited to my card.
    Verification amount:
    (as it appears on card statement)
    EUR

Anyway it says enter how it appears on my statement and it has euros(i have my account set up for Canada) .do i have to enter how it is in Canadian dollars or enter it as how much it would be in euros?

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't remember. Maybe you'll get an answer here, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to also send that question to them through their messaging center while you're at it.

xKMACKx

Yeah it has to be in Euros . Must of missed it when reading over the help section. On a side note anybody have an opinion on matchbook.com?

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook has good prices, liquidity seems to be improving, and they pay like clockwork.

When I did my "match prices" for Moneybookers, my bank statement showed both the Canadian and American amounts debited, since my Moneybookers was in American funds, I used that one.

xKMACKx

Thanks peep. Been looking at that and pinnacle. It doesnt appear they offer cheques as a withdrawal method so I guess a wire would be most efficient? I'm just a little confused if they are looking for the branch address that i deal with or headquarters of the bank. Never completed one of these so sorry to sound like an idiot

Your Bank Name: Your Bank Address: City: Province: Postal Code: Swift code (BIC code): Institution Number: Transit Number: Amount of wire:

xKMACKx

I imagine the address is the one that appears on my cheques. I just don't want to screw something up

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36669

Use the address of your branch, so yes the one that appears on your cheques.

xKMACKx

Thanks. Its what I imagined. Do you think it would be safer to go through moneybookers to withdrawal and than perform the wire through them. Just don't want my bank on my ass asking where the money is from etc.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36669

If you deposit into a book via moneybookers they will make you withdraw via moneybookers up to the amount that you deposited so for that first amount you will have no choice. After that you can withdraw thru other available methods. My advice to you is if you are at the point where you are able to withdraw thru other methods i would avoid using moneybookers. Not because they aren't safe, but because you will pay the exchange rate twice because your Moneybookers account is in Canadian dollars. When moneybookers sends funds to a canadian bank account, they first convert to american before they send it. Then when the funds hit your account, they will convert back to Canadian. This causes you to be hit with the exchange rate twice. And as far as worrying about what your bank will say, they won't care one bit where the money comes from so no worries there.

mbynwa
    mbynwa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 690

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    Yeah it has to be in Euros . Must of missed it when reading over the help section. On a side note anybody have an opinion on matchbook.com?
    Matchbook are really good, prices are fantastic and their 0.60% if you take an offer or 0.10% if you make an offer commission on MLB is really good.

They pay really quick as well, normally within about 5 hours.

xKMACKx

Thanks Cobra. Very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    If you deposit into a book via moneybookers they will make you withdraw via moneybookers up to the amount that you deposited so for that first amount you will have no choice. After that you can withdraw thru other available methods. My advice to you is if you are at the point where you are able to withdraw thru other methods i would avoid using moneybookers. Not because they aren't safe, but because you will pay the exchange rate twice because your Moneybookers account is in Canadian dollars. When moneybookers sends funds to a canadian bank account, they first convert to american before they send it. Then when the funds hit your account, they will convert back to Canadian. This causes you to be hit with the exchange rate twice. And as far as worrying about what your bank will say, they won't care one bit where the money comes from so no worries there.

xKMACKx

Just tried to verify it yesterday and today after exchanging the Canadian to European. And i get this message:

Please check again on your statement for the exact amount in EUR. If your credit/debit card issuer does not show the amount in EUR, you cannot verify your card with Moneybookers. Do NOT try and guess the amount!

I guess its time to contact customer support

xKMACKx

Great, no online support or i could call in the middle of the morning to get through to somebody on the phone . See what happens when I put it in as it appears on my statement (Canadian) . Other than that no clue.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, no clue either, their CS is spotty IMO. I bet in US dollars, and it showed on my Canadian bank statement as a US amount too, so I was OK.

Good luck!

xKMACKx

Yeah baffles me too. I checked the exchange on it online, called the bank and they all say the same thing.