indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    I think its pretty obvious indio does not bet on horses much at all, with that kind of reasoning. Anyone with half a brain would use the regulated shops..
    Son, it's pretty obvious you have no clue regarding getting an edge in gambling. You have no concept of it, and you're obviously a lifetime losing gambler. I've bet more horse races in the last 30 years than you will your whole life x 100. I've owned a few as well.

I have accounts at TwinSpires, BetAmerica, 5dimes and bodog just to name a few. Your 5dimes list is limits on REBATE amounts, not limits on wagers or payouts. 5dimes and bodog will payout 30k on major tracks, and 10-15k on most others. They will take big bets, and will not bat an eye as long as you're not past posting or trying to manipulate pools.

I'll use twinspires or betamerica in certain instances, especially for pick 5 or pick 6 wagers, and twinspires offers reduced takeouts at some tracks, and has a great deal running with 0% takeout on pick 3's and 4's at Hastings Park. But if you want to make money on WPS bets, getting 10% added on to your payout( a better deal for winners than rebates) cuts the vig down so much, only a fool WOULDN'T use that option. Paying 20%+ on a bet through a pari-mutual is just plain idiotic 75% of the time.

And if you want to bet a pick 3 at a small or medium track looking for a decent pop using longer priced horses, you can actually create a negative pool where the player has the edge. This can only be done through an offshore shop. The fact that you most likely have no clue what I just said, or how that's achieved should alert you to the fact that you probably have no business gambling and would be better off sticking to your job at 7-11 or working harder on your paper route, because you'll always be a loser when gambling.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post

why are fukkin people playing with books like this

wake the fukk up bro

5 dimes-heritage for USA players

that is all

5dimes or heritage instead of betamerica to bet the ponies?
    no wonder there are so many losers here.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    Son, it's pretty obvious you have no clue regarding getting an edge in gambling. You have no concept of it, and you're obviously a lifetime losing gambler. I've bet more horse races in the last 30 years than you will your whole life x 100. I've owned a few as well.

I have accounts at TwinSpires, BetAmerica, 5dimes and bodog just to name a few. Your 5dimes list is limits on REBATE amounts, not limits on wagers or payouts. 5dimes and bodog will payout 30k on major tracks, and 10-15k on most others. They will take big bets, and will not bat an eye as long as you're not past posting or trying to manipulate pools.

I'll use twinspires or betamerica in certain instances, especially for pick 5 or pick 6 wagers, and twinspires offers reduced takeouts at some tracks, and has a great deal running with 0% takeout on pick 3's and 4's at Hastings Park. But if you want to make money on WPS bets, getting 10% added on to your payout( a better deal for winners than rebates) cuts the vig down so much, only a fool WOULDN'T use that option. Paying 20%+ on a bet through a pari-mutual is just plain idiotic 75% of the time.

And if you want to bet a pick 3 at a small or medium track looking for a decent pop using longer priced horses, you can actually create a negative pool where the player has the edge. This can only be done through an offshore shop. The fact that you most likely have no clue what I just said, or how that's achieved should alert you to the fact that you probably have no business gambling and would be better off sticking to your job at 7-11 or working harder on your paper route, because you'll always be a loser when gambling.

Try again.

7-11? I have a masters degree so needless to say.... I'm not working at a gas station so try again.

I bet 4 figs per game... and you can verify it by checking the screenshots I have posted many times on here....not to mention, that its well known that I am a tout so you are wrong again.

I'm the losing gambler yet 5dimes has blocked me a long time ago from betting the horses.... and yet you are still allowed? What does that say about you?

I have a part time job working with autistic kids, but believe me.... its not for the $$$$.

Youve been doing this for 30+ years, meaning you are around 50, yet you give an immature post like this trying to make personal attacks? Give me a break.... nice assumptions though.

And I'm sorry... no matter what the math says, ill take the safety of legalized racebooks any day over the unreliable offshore books.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

A masters degree and a tout. Are these mundane accomplishments supposed to impress someone? 4 figs a game?, whoopity -do.

You insulted someone for suggesting the very advantageous option of betting horses through trusted offshore shops. You really think legal racebooks are that much more secure? They can claim bankruptcy at any time and people can get stiffed out of their money, just like they do with legal business in America every day. Now, I'll grant you, I'd feel a lot safer hitting a $50,000 superfecta at TwinSpires than Bodog, but that wasnt the original point.

Betting into pari-mutuals with 20% holds are sucker bets most of the time, plain and simple. You can't bet year round into holds like that and make it worth your while unless you're going after big scores and betting into carryovers, which brings high variance into play. If you are a serious gambler with handicapping skills, you cant bet high volume (1000+ races) of WPS pools through pari-mutuals with high holds and breakage and have an ROI of 10% +, just isn't possible. If you were as smart as you want everyone to think you are, you'd know that.

If people want to bet horses through pari-mutuals at legal racebooks, fine, more power to them. I do it myself from time to time. It's a fun game for those that want entertainment. But for you to insult someone who wants to make smarter bets and win more money by betting horses offshore is ridiculous.

Most "touts" I know are self-important narcissists whose accomplishments in reality are hardly ever worth note. You've done nothing to change that categorization.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I specifically insulted Bronxer because he is a know it all in general, and in this case... was just plain wrong. He had no clue what he was talking about, but still spoke up against OP saying he is stupid for playing in these books... You don't think dumb statements like that deserve to be criticized?

"A masters degree and a tout. Are these mundane accomplishments supposed to impress someone? 4 figs a game?, whoopity -do. "

Wasn't trying to impress anyone..... Was just saying you are wrong on your moronic assumption that I work at 7/11.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post

If you are a serious gambler with handicapping skills, you cant bet high volume (1000+ races) of WPS pools through pari-mutuals with high holds and breakage and have an ROI of 10% +, just isn't possible.
    High volume bettors very rarely bet into win pools let alone place and show pools so comparing you trying to pick off 6/5 shots at Portland Meadows with 100.00 limits offshore and a high volume bettor betting into WPS pools at a ADW and showing a profit is meaningless since they very rarely bet into them.

What you do may work for you but no serious horse bettor is going to take the time to find a few plays a week for such meager limits and returns for the time it takes.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

bad customer service in my books

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

facts are facts

Horse bettors die broke

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

I moved all my business to a legal horse shop, actually i am getting from 10% to 18% in rebates on every wager. July closed +13k (included 7k in rebates), my best month of this year.

Tired of #$)@* books that limit you and then kick you out.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

I would never ever bet pick3/4/6 etc offshore. The one time you'd hit the whole pool you wouldn't get paid bc offshore doesn't go in the pool so they're payoff would be three outta four etc etc...plus even on bets as low as $2 to win that I've made BEFORE race went off and scheduled post time that won got refunded cuz 5dimes said I past posted (in fairness they've done it for losing tickets too)

Was thinking of signing up with bet America. No fees, free video, 3% rebates on winners + losers, 150 sign up bonus. Need to check if Louisiana is covered so I don't have op's problem.

First 12