physed
    physed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

BetIslands ratings

I feel that BetIslands have proven themselves a higher rating than B. At least a B+ or A- would be fair

touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

The higher ratings are difficult to earn, Heritage was stuck in the Bīs for years... Sbr would never give an A rating unless a services performance history is beyond question... that is a minimum of at least 3 to 4 solid years from what I have seen.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

I agree much better shop than both BOL & Bovada but is graded lower or maybe they just don't grease as well as those two

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

If u pay the right amount of money, u can find your self with an a .

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28986

guessing its because they havent been around at that level for 3-5 years

has to be the only reason...

never seen 1 valid complaint about BI, and thats as rare as it gets these days

50cent
    50cent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by chase hardy View Post
    If u pay the right amount of money, u can find your self with an a .
    i think you might have a point...

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Top notch book hands down.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I have started playing with them. I don't see anything that raises an alarm. If you are beating them in a market, expect your limits to get cut... But this is a good thing from a rating perspective.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    I have started playing with them. I don't see anything that raises an alarm. If you are beating them in a market, expect your limits to get cut... But this is a good thing from a rating perspective.
    I say they are perfect in sports all around. They could start adding some more soccer leagues like they had.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Dual lines. No overnight MLB lines. They rape small bettors by stealing $0.01 to $0.99 on every small bet. CS is largely done via negotiation via PM on a public forum. Hardly an A book IMO.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

They are an A book, especially if betonline has there rating as is

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16961

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    Dual lines. No overnight MLB lines. They rape small bettors by stealing $0.01 to $0.99 on every small bet. CS is largely done via negotiation via PM on a public forum. Hardly an A book IMO.
    Their betting rounds to the nearest dollar, regardless of whose advantage it is. Manipulate your bets accordingly and you can put the breakage in your favor.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10443

How many A books wait until 11 to post lines?How many A books sign you up for reduced juice and then snatch it away?They are a B because they pay on time other than that nothing special.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by touchback View Post
    The higher ratings are difficult to earn, Heritage was stuck in the Bīs for years... Sbr would never give an A rating unless a services performance history is beyond question... that is a minimum of at least 3 to 4 solid years from what I have seen.
    If Heritage didn't become a sponsor here, they'd still be rated B+.

marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep remember that thread

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Nice place to play with quick/free payouts and great customer service

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

racebook could be better. rounding down is still a issue. Starting counting on Sat with race wagers which are always rounded down? ost 22 dollars alone on sat with that. Otherwise customer service is good, even though they have a pretty new staff now that is learning as they go but thats to be expected. Jon is a good guy to have as a boss. Payouts are tops in the industry. Nothing like it anywhere else and having a sat payout option is great. The good bonueses should be back for football so that is good. I only have 2 books with the other being heritage and I love this book no doubt. I think it they upgrade the racebook and add more soccer or a few other options they definatly deserve an A.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Not sure why they wouldn't get a higher rating as they deserve it and it shows. I know they are fairly new but SBR should take into account that Jon is the owner and has been around for a long time, its not like they are run by someone who just popped off.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Their betting rounds to the nearest dollar, regardless of whose advantage it is. Manipulate your bets accordingly and you can put the breakage in your favor.
    Not in the racebook and smaller bets. It always rounds down.. I had 8 winning exactas on sat that paid 16.90 and I got paid 16.00

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Haven't checked lately (since two months ago), but last time I did, they were moving every amount to the next whole dollar amount that benefited the house. E.g., you'd risk $10 at listed odds of +179 and get paid at +170 odds. Has this practice changed since then?

taxer
    taxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Top book !!!!

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

wish they posted their lines earlier, sucks having to check back 30 minutes before the early mlb games lotsa times i forget or have stuff to do and i miss out

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by touchback View Post
    lol.

Notice how Heritage moved to A when they started advertising here? It's not that complicated.

HedgeHog

Haven't checked lately (since two months ago), but last time I did, they were moving every amount to the next whole dollar amount that benefited the house. E.g., you'd risk $10 at listed odds of +179 and get paid at +170 odds. Has this practice changed since then?
    It's rounding fairly for me.
    Ticket#:335860
    Jul 29 11:10 AM
    Internet / -1 Jul 29 08:30 AM MLB
    STRAIGHT BET
    [972] TWINS (MIN) -114
    ( U JIMENEZ -R / B DUENSING -L )
    11 / 10
    Ticket#:335875
    Jul 29 04:05 PM
    Internet / -1 Jul 29 08:31 AM MLB
    STRAIGHT BET
    [977] WHITE SOX (CWS) +135
    ( G FLOYD -R / S FELDMAN -R )
    10 / 14
    Ticket

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    lol.

Notice how Heritage moved to A when they started advertising here? It's not that complicated.
    Heritage was a B+ until they placed 3rd in the SBR Posters Poll on November 11. At that point they were bumped to A- which they still are today. I would assume the fact that they had 4 months of taking the Greek's and BetJam's clients over and handling it as seamlessly as possible under those circumstances is what helped to foster that bump including opening communication with SBR even further.

Heritage started to advertise at SBR at the end of February 2012 when they became a part of the Pro program. Also can be seen here when they offered membership to SBR posters. But wtf do I know?

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Heritage has been an A book for a long time.

they never had to advertise at any forums in the past and never missed a payment.

betjam/greek had nothing to with it.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Heritage has been an A book for a long time.

they never had to advertise at any forums in the past and never missed a payment.

betjam/greek had nothing to with it.
    Ummm, yeah ok??? But no. The response was to durito. They handled the takeover of clients of two books which saw them get #3 in the posters poll = rating moved. Great if someone was 'in' at Heritage before the influx from the Greek or BetJam but since the majority of forum posters weren't betting there before then it would be kind of hard to gauge a book, no? Posters speak the truth. Either way, awesome book. Very happy that everyone at SBR can play

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Heritage was a B+ until they placed 3rd in the SBR Posters Poll on November 11. At that point they were bumped to A- which they still are today. I would assume the fact that they had 4 months of taking the Greek's and BetJam's clients over and handling it as seamlessly as possible under those circumstances is what helped to foster that bump including opening communication with SBR even further.

Heritage started to advertise at SBR at the end of February 2012 when they became a part of the Pro program. Also can be seen here when they offered membership to SBR posters. But wtf do I know?

I'll accept your argument as reasonable. Now if you can only explain why sponsor Betonline remains at B+ despite the vast number of complaints of slow pays and attempted confiscations.

BTW, if I follow your logic correctly, Heritage was raised to A level because of their smooth transition with Greek clients. Fair enough, but shouldn't BOL get downgraded for their poor transition with the Sportsbetting takeover?
    Points Awarded:

prop gave HedgeHog 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: edawg, 5mike5, and prop

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hedge is a good poster.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10443

I'll accept your argument as reasonable. Now if you can only explain why sponsor Betonline remains at B+ despite the vast number of complaints of slow pays and attempted confiscations.

BTW, if I follow your logic correctly, Heritage was raised to A level because of their smooth transition with Greek clients. Fair enough, but shouldn't BOL get downgraded for their poor transition with the Sportsbetting takeover?
    Putting BOL and Heritage in the same paragraph should be a banable offense.There's only 2 reasons BOL retains their rating.
    1)They write the longest advertising check
    2)Lou owns a piece of them

There is no #3
    Points Awarded:

prop gave MBENZ 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: prop

marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

And there is silence on BOL as usual

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

lol

Why were they not an A for the previous 5+ years?

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    lol

Why were they not an A for the previous 5+ years?
    you ask a lot of obvious questions

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    you ask a lot of obvious questions
    the insults are down, tho. must hate himself less nowadays

touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also... keep in mind with the loss of the Greek and BetJam advertising dollars it behooved SBR to make a sweet heart deal with Heritage. This is no refelection on the fact that Heritage has always been a solid outfit and has a very well respected owner and GM in the biz but a sweetheart deal non the less. They should have been upgraded to an A a while ago but SBR always claimed it was because they were invite only that they could not get an A rating. Plausible yes... but I tend to lean to the fact that if you want an A rating from SBR you got to have an advertising and or affiliate deal in the end. This does not imply that SBR would sell an A to just anyone... everyone of the A ratings is a sound and respected service and I would trust any A rating from SBR above all others...

12 Last