Frogger
    Frogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Penn State betting futures

5dimes still has up Penn State as the favorite to win the Leaders Division. If people bet on other teams, do you think they should & will be canceled? Who knows how many players will transfer. Seems like this is an obvious things books would be on top of.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
    5dimes still has up Penn State as the favorite to win the Leaders Division. If people bet on other teams, do you think they should & will be canceled? Who knows how many players will transfer. Seems like this is an obvious things books would be on top of.
    Don't ya think whoever is/was going to transfer would have done so already?

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Don't ya think whoever is/was going to transfer would have done so already?
    No the NCAA just today allowed any current or incoming football player the option to immediately transfer and compete at another school.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by jagaf22 View Post
    No the NCAA just today allowed any current or incoming football player the option to immediately transfer and compete at another school.
    Ok, I was wrong and didn't read the sanctions. Wouldn't this mostly apply to freshman or not play makers? I'm assuming they would have to sit a year if they transfer or they could just go elsewhere and play this season?

jagaf22

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Ok, I was wrong and didn't read the sanctions. Wouldn't this mostly apply to freshman or not play makers? I'm assuming they would have to sit a year if they transfer or they could just go elsewhere and play this season?
    Anyone who wants to leave. No they would have immediate eligibility. I think you will see significant departures across the board. Upperclassmen and freshmen alike want an opportunity to compete for conference championships, bowl games, etc...it certainly will be interesting to watch.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

It still is a pretty weak division, with only Ohio St the other option. so they should stay the favorites

jagaf22

Quote Originally Posted by mrpooh View Post
    It still is a pretty weak division, with only Ohio St the other option. so they should stay the favorites
    I think the departures will be significant. I'll say conservatively Penn State doesn't win more than four Big 10 games.

Also, remember Ohio State is also banned from playing for the conference championship/bowl game this coming season.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's funny how a team might finish 3rd in the leaders division and make the title game. Wisconsin basicly has a lock on that now. But I think my Buckeyes would take it if eligible. So bet Wisconsin on the prop without OSU on 5Dimes and take OSU on the prop that includes them.

Frogger
    Frogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

So I assume everything thinks the wagers will stick? I'm surprised 5dimes and other books haven't taken them down.