DitKent
    DitKent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3202

24HPOKER stopping it's services to AUSTRALIANS & cancels pending bets

Just received about 10 emails from them saying my olympic bets have been cancelled,
    so I immediately email them back and go on live chat and received this response:

Toomas : Starting from July 23, the residents of Australia will be suspended from using gaming services at 24hpoker.

Toomas : Please note that since we are blocking Australia from today the bets will be cancelled from our side. These are the procedures which are taken and we are sorry if this is causing anger from your side.
    eIs there anyway to appeal this? and make them honour the pending bets at least? been through this with 188bet but at least they were very obliging and friendly about it all and agreed to do it.
    I guess it's up to their discretion in most cases but hell, I'll still file a complaint.

muffins
    muffins's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can understand why the don't want to keep your account open/on the books given they don't want to deal with Aussie customers due to legality issues, but if outstanding bets have positive expected value then you should get some payout,

I assume you are ahead on some of them versus current prices, thus the issue? Calculate your expected return and try and negotiate a payout to close the account. for e.g. if you backed team A at $10 and they are now $2 they should be happy enough to pay you out say $7 * your stake. Worth a shot, particularly given its illegal for them to offer online betting to aussies but not illegal for you as an aussie to bet online.

DitKent
    DitKent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3202

I would but the bets haven't resulted yet...they were all Olympic related bets. They seem pretty adamant that nothing is going to change or be reversed :\

muffins
    muffins's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they're all Olympic related bets does it really matter? Given they haven't started yet those same prices should be available elsewhere still. Or did you get some really nice bets/prices you can't pickup anymore?

faststeady
    faststeady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7820

at oddsmatrix lol ,