jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Is Matchbook Only Site On Universe Without Live Betting??

Does anyone have a clue on what they are doing at that book??

They need to fire entire staff and start over and hire real professionals

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Heritage rarely does, only on NBA Championship etc.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

betislands, legends ect

buncha A books dont have live betting

jjgold

ok

Maybe live betting overrated??

Although huge money maker for Euro Books

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I wish Heritage offered more live betting.

Just lazy that they don't.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

they did when they were in USA

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Does anyone have a clue on what they are doing at that book??

They need to fire entire staff and start over and hire real professionals
    They offer EPL live, but it is very little comparing to any eurobook

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

5dimes has garbage for live betting

Joey Zaza
    Joey Zaza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3579

What's the point in trying to compete with Betfair for live customers? There's is no point! Look at Betdaq. Waste of time!

Makes sense for Matchbook to focus on what they can gain market share at, i.e tennis, soccer

They are already market leaders in US Sports, both for liquidity and value.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Zaza View Post
    What's the point in trying to compete with Betfair for live customers? There's is no point! Look at Betdaq. Waste of time!

Makes sense for Matchbook to focus on what they can gain market share at, i.e tennis, soccer

They are already market leaders in US Sports, both for liquidity and value.
    Well great post

Thread ender and exactly what I was looking for

Nobody can compete with Betfair

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exchanges live betting leads to scam stuff, fukk that...
    MB is better than BF already on many pre-game offers, fukk BF with a capital F.

jjgold

Monte you think live betting for suckers??

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Monte you think live betting for suckers??
    live betting is a cancer , it is totally for degenarates, I realize that my bigest losses where live trying to recup for a bad pregame bet.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

topsport doesn't either, don't use them anyway.

jjgold

Matchbook volume does not even change a ton which is strange

Pool money basically stays the same for hrs

Are they 100 people playing there?

Joey Zaza

Betfair have invented the wheel. No point trying to improve on that. Can't be bettered!

They are however trying to f**k it all up by themselves so other exchanges can gain some market share, though punters are only going to leave Betfair for something that is better (e.g. more liquid early markets, better value prices). No other exchange has enough customers to make live betting worthwhile - of course they can seed it, but will still come up way short of Betfair.

Matchbook are doing an excellent job of nicking market share where Betfair have some weakness (e.g. US Sports, tennis & soccer, where they are often better prices due to favourable commissions, liquidity also improving).

Just like in tennis, the top 3 are way ahead of the rest...Betfair, Pinnacle, Matchbook, in that order for me. The rest are irrelevant! Bet365 can put up any prices they want - it doesn't matter as they don't bets. As for the likes of Bwin - they make it up as they go along. Reckon my missus could trade for them given the amount of absolutely mug punters they have signed up.

Joey Zaza

I've no doubt Matchbook are seeding their markets, but the difference between them and the others exchanges (Betdaq, WBX, are there any others?) is they are seeding with better than market prices and good liquidity. The other mug exchanges seed with prices lower than market prices and useless liquidity - you have to wonder what the point of that is. Didn't Betsson disappear? I'm not surprised, they gave no reason for the punters to leave Betfair.

jjgold

Betfair, Pinnacle, Matchbook have zero competition for tennis bettors

Its why USA players cannot beat tennis, not even worth betting if your a usa player as your getting fukked with juice

Betfair and Pinnacle have these markets corned

Soccer (3 way lines) Match Odds
    Tennis
    Horse Racing
    Crickett

Joey Zaza

"Betfair, Pinnacle, Matchbook have zero competition for tennis bettors" ....agreed.

Sportingbet sometimes take a view with their tennis, but you just get chucked out once you string a few winners together.

Greek could be competitive if they raised their limits, at least you are allowed to win there. But again, no good for U.S players.

JJ - how big is golf betting in the U.S? Matchbets and outrights. Would you say it's a bigger betting market than tennis?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

i would say golf betting in US is mostly only for the 4 majors

Joey Zaza

Cheers Mike. I see SportsOptions carry U.S bookmakers' lines for golf match-bets every week. Most U.S books offer them.

However, they all seem cloned with no-one willing to take a view an stick their neck out.

I thought that as most of these U.S books have lines for golf match-bets that there would be some decent interest.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

im sure some play then weekly, but doubt alot do

jjgold

Golf dead USA betting sport and I mean dead just like tennis

USA

Nfl
    NCAA
    Nba
    Ncaab
    MLB
    NHL

Joey Zaza

Interesting... I find it strange that individual participator sports such as tennis, golf, boxing and motor sport are of little interest to U.S bettors. Surely with a bit of research the individual participator sports are easier to beat than team events?

There's a reason most books roll the red carpet out for soccer bettors - it's incredibly hard to beat! I'm assuming U.S team sports are the same, though I'm just guessing.

jjgold

USA books not geared for soccer and tennis

It's a euro thing

USA bettors very narrow minded
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: showtiime

tgoodm1
    tgoodm1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1532

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    5dimes has garbage for live betting
    5Dimes offers virtual "Live Betting". You get to wager during commercial breaks and in between rounds. Not entirely live to me.

jjgold

5 dimes not a live betting site

They do not have the software

SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Question here

Help me to understand what I am missing. I understand an exchange to be a middle man that makes money off of every bet placed. They are not like a traditional book where it's them against you, so therefore you would never have to worry about being cut off or limited for any reason. They typically have better odds also. Based on all of this, why would anyone use a traditional book. It seems like an exchange would be by far the best place to be with no hassles. Is my understanding of an exchange wrong?

jjgold

Americans like traditional betting no matter what odds are

They are narrow minded bettors

SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

So JJ, am I correct in my thinking that playing at an exchange is a no brainier decision vs the alternative? If so, are there any exchanges that take American players?

muffins
    muffins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPEREAGLE43 View Post
    So JJ, am I correct in my thinking that playing at an exchange is a no brainier decision vs the alternative? If so, are there any exchanges that take American players?
    On major sports the exchange will generally be the best option, but not always as you can be paying up to 5% commission and Pinnacle for example often have lower juice than that. On lesser sports the liquidity is sometimes not there on the exchange so traditional books can be better. Most importantly, the further out from the event the less liquidity and thus no chance to pick off sloppy early lines which you can do with a book.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Help me to understand what I am missing. I understand an exchange to be a middle man that makes money off of every bet placed. They are not like a traditional book where it's them against you, so therefore you would never have to worry about being cut off or limited for any reason. They typically have better odds also. Based on all of this, why would anyone use a traditional book. It seems like an exchange would be by far the best place to be with no hassles. Is my understanding of an exchange wrong?
    Your right, Matchbook is generally miles better than any other book in terms of MLB/NBA/NFL/NHL etc. straight wagers. Problem is Matchbook and Betfair are the only two legit exchanges and none are available to US bettors. Once US changes its stupid laws, exchanges should become viable.

There are however still many uses for traditional books which is why they complement each other...parlays, teasers etc. aren't available at an Exchange.

Combo like Matchbook/Pinny/5Dimes and your good to go.

jjgold

I think https://betmaker.ag/and it is pitiful

MatchbookMike
    MatchbookMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2288

JJ - we'll hold off on firing the entire staff! but you have started an interesting discussion here, so it's worth adding our side of the story.

As has been already noted, there are already areas where Matchbook has the edge on our competition. There are also areas where we can improve and over the last 18 months there has been significant investment in the product and platform to allow us to do this.

We have recently added live betting for soccer and offered the complete Euro 2012 schedule with highly competitive odds and 0% commission on live bets. This will also continue through the new season for all major leagues (commission rate TBC).

We could go and add 200 live soccer games a week but at the moment that would only serve to dilute the liquidity available.

The same goes for other sports; unfortunately, we can't just go and add live betting on all the events we have available because, as an exchange, we need the liquidity and pricing to be available as well.

That said, we are in discussions and working with a number of 3rd party market-makers at the moment and should be adding live betting on tennis and NFL in the next few months with more sports to follow after that.

Cheers,

Matchbook Mike

jjgold

Thanks Mike

Also would be good to cut down on clicks to make a bet

USA pricing one of best Around

12 Last