stlcardinals
    stlcardinals's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Strongly recommend not playing at BetOnline

The only reason I played there in the first place is that they accept CC deposits from American players (but charge a ~6% fee that isn't obviously disclosed up front -- if at all). A quick summary of my experience:

--In short, I believe they stall the hell out of you and make the payout process as difficult as possible, so you'll lose the money before its withdrawn. Plus their payout fees are ridiculous.

--Wanted to make a withdrawal, so I had to verify my account. I sent all of the specified paperwork to them via fax, which is a hassle for me because I had to go to a Fedex Office location. They told me the copies were too dark (doubtful), and that I needed to resend them.

--Returned to the Fedex (costs money to use their equipment again) to resend the documents. After several email exchanges with their uninformed employees, they couldn't locate my documents. Eventually someone tells me they found the documents, but that they were "blurry" (blatant lie), and that I needed to send them a third time.

--So after being told the documents were "too dark," that they couldn't find them, and that they were "too blurry," I resent the documents via scanner, so that they couldn't come up with an excuse.

--The documents were finally verified, so I submitted the payout request. However, the automated system wouldn't allow me to make a payout request because it said I hadn't met my rollover. I knew there was no way this could be true, but, of course, I had to make more phone calls and emails to get them to review this, and they determined I had met the requirement.

--The next hurdle to getting my money was that the new payout request was also cancelled (without any sort of notification to me) because they take the fees out of the available balance in your account, so you have to have enough in there for the fees. Had to make a phone call to figure this out, and, if I hadn't been proactively watching the status of the payout on their website because I don't trust them at all, I might have gone quite awhile not even knowing this request was cancelled.

--I made a payout request via a wire service (their withdrawal options are crap and all the fees are enormous) and I received $8.66 less than my withdrawal minus the fees (couldn't have been subtracted for international fees like a bank b/c this is a wire service and the fees were already paid). Not that $8.66 is a big deal, but it's just one more shady thing they did. The $8 has vanished into thin air and $0.66 remains in my account, but I can't use it for anything because of the minimum bet requirement.

--After reading this, I doubt I have to tell you to find somewhere else to play.
    Last edited by stlcardinals; 06-21-12 at 04:35 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: prop

theblueprint
    theblueprint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

You must be new here

vorsybl
    vorsybl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 446

I feel stupid for having given my cash to them. Sucks. I'd known nothing about online poker to begin with. RPM poker seems legit though...anyone have experience with RPM poker or the "merge" network isnt' that what it's called? I managed to save up 100 dollars to deposit and fortunately they have the same option I used to deposit on betonline

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Always scan and email docs, try not to ever fax, for the reasons you experienced.
    If you don't have a scanner, use the camera in your cellphone, and take multiple shots. Send more than one picture of a doc if part of it is blurry at all.
    If it's a computer image or website you want to send them, take a screen shot and email as an embedded jpeg or attachment, but DON'T print it out and fax it.

Betonline offers a $50 once a month credit towards the payout method of your choice, BUT you must request said payout on a specific day, between specific times. (Check with them for the day and times, use live chat if you can handle the wait, so you'll have a hard copy proof of anything CS tells you).
    ALSO, be sure to type in the notes or message section of the payout request that you want this payout to include your $50 once a month credit.
    P2p is the best way to get money from them if your amount is below the w.u. or m.g. limits.

I don't work for BOL or SBR, I just can't stand to see probably decent guys getting jerked around in any way.

Feel free to PM me or post if you would like any more advice.

vorsybl
    vorsybl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 446

I don't get you prince charles, I can never tell if you like BOL or not.

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vorsybl View Post
    I don't get you prince charles, I can never tell if you like BOL or not.
    Excellent observation Vors.
    I have a Like/Hate relationship with them. But like just about everything else in life that we enjoy, we cry like babies when it's taken away, only to have it replaced in the not so distant future with something much better.
    /-)