RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

For Your Viewing Pleasure - A Certain book is trying to screw me out of $1 :)

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Mitch'

Mitch: Hello, how may I assist you?

RYANLEAFOFBETS: Hello Mitch
    RYANLEAFOFBETS: This isn't the biggest deal in the world, and it's more based on principle than anything, but I just made a bet on the Astros ML (-104) 39 to win 38.
    RYANLEAFOFBETS: I go to my open bets and it shows it as 39 to win 37

Mitch: One moment please

RYANLEAFOFBETS: but on the confirmation page where the wager shows accepted, shows 39 to win 38. Just think that seems kinda shady.

Mitch: We will have to review it to see what happened because as per my info it is 39 to win 37

RYANLEAFOFBETS: Would you like a screenshot?

Mitch: I do not think it will be needes

RYANLEAFOFBETS: I get that you use the rounding system, and 39 would be to win 37.50, so that rounded up to $38. I could've just as easily bet 38 to win 37 and saved a dollar.

RYANLEAFOFBETS: Okay... how long will this review take?

Mitch: We will send the request and it will take less than 24 hrs

RYANLEAFOFBETS: Okay... please keep me updated. I'm not sure if this is a glitch in your system or not, but I believe the same thing happened to me the other day in a bet that I lost.

Mitch: I will

RYANLEAFOFBETS: I know it's only a $1 difference, but to me the fact that it's accepted to win a certain amount and the actual amount you win is a difference is a pretty big deal. I need a book I can TRUST. I've got kids to feed.

Mitch: Is there anything else I can help you with?

RYANLEAFOFBETS: No sir. Let me know.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

get your money out of there pal. they're tryna fuk u over. SBR go ahead and lower their rating to an F please. thanks.

We're in this togetha leafa.

MoYaL
    How bad do you want success
    MoYaL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    I've got kids to feed.

Dexter wont have a dinner tonight
    Points Awarded:

Harmy G gave MoYaL 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RyanLeafOfBets

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoYaL View Post

Dexter wont have a dinner tonight
    Hey!
    I love the dollar meal!
    I'll get like 20 $1 double cheeseburgers, then freeze what I don't eat right away.
    2 min in the microwave and the midnight hunger blues vanish.
    :/)

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I've got kids to feed.
    sprewell couldnt feed his kids on an nba salary, what good do you think 1 dollar will do

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

leafer you should know that 39 (-104) would pay back 37.50
    books will round that down usually, but on the confirmation screen it might round up to 38

always bet in your favor like leafer to round up, but this time you screwed up. should have done 37 to win 36 that's the cutoff

Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

You should have bet 39.01.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

is it too much to ask just to pay the exact amount of the winning bet?
    Last edited by 5mike5; 05-31-12 at 01:01 PM.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Haha I've got no issues if the books pay exact change... but I might as well exploit them if they're gonna let me. Usually I bet to win xx.51+ so it rounds up, but today I bet xx.50 and it rounded up so I just went with it.

Nice catch on the Spreewell reference Trinity.

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

It's easy enough just to play at books that deal in dollars and cents if you weren't always bonus whoring. Why don't you just look at the "missing" dollar as the price one pays for squeezing a book for the biggest bonus they can give on your deposit each week?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Haha I've got no issues if the books pay exact change... but I might as well exploit them if they're gonna let me. Usually I bet to win xx.51+ so it rounds up, but today I bet xx.50 and it rounded up so I just went with it.

Nice catch on the Spreewell reference Trinity.
    yeah youwager stopped me a few years ago because instead of betting $300 to win $270 i would make 20 separate $15 to win $14 bets

that way i was betting $300 to win $280

i had a feeling you were doing the same thing leaf

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Bury those fukks Leafer!

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Peter well said. BigEric i need 11 large guy.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    yeah youwager stopped me a few years ago because instead of betting $300 to win $270 i would make 20 separate $15 to win $14 bets

Nah. I did that a while back on BetIslands. They never said anything about it though.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by RogueScholar View Post
    It's easy enough just to play at books that deal in dollars and cents if you weren't always bonus whoring. Why don't you just look at the "missing" dollar as the price one pays for squeezing a book for the biggest bonus they can give on your deposit each week?
    It's the books decision to give me a bonus! I get it if every bet I make they round down, but when the confirmation screen says $39 to win $38 after you place the bet, and later on you see $39 to win $37 on pending wagers, I feel like that's misleading. Am I wrong to feel this way? If you went to a fast food restaurant (I know you're healthy and go organic, so just entertain me), and you got buy-one-get-one-free Big Mac's at Mcdonald's and ordered six, but only receive five, would you not feel slighted?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

we got kids to feed

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board

It's the books decision to give me a bonus! I get it if every bet I make they round down, but when the confirmation screen says $39 to win $38 after you place the bet, and later on you see $39 to win $37 on pending wagers, I feel like that's misleading. Am I wrong to feel this way? If you went to a fast food restaurant (I know you're healthy and go organic, so just entertain me), and you got buy-one-get-one-free Big Mac's at Mcdonald's and ordered six, but only receive five, would you not feel slighted?
    What I'm saying is that it's your decision to send your money to books that round into whole dollar amounts for a few extra dollars in a freeplay. You do this in spite of having a dozen similarly reputable books available to you which deal in dollars AND cents (where rounding costs you at most a penny rather than a dollar) because they don't have as attractive a bonus. Everything in life is a trade-off, and no matter how hard you try, you can't always have it your way.

In your fast food metaphor, you're basically going to McDonald's for their better promotions, even though sometimes they screw you on the amount of food you were initially promised. You do this in spite of having 12 other nearby fast food restaurants which don't offer you quite as attractive a deal, but always deliver on precisely what they promise. Rather than just go to the competition, you go back to McDonald's hoping that the next time they short you one burger, you can generate enough public outcry on fastfoodreviewsforum dot com to get your extra burger anyway. This is called being irresponsible and greedy and is seldom rewarded in life.

Furthermore, you admit to taking advantage of rounding errors at another book that occurred in your favor...

Nah. I did that a while back on BetIslands. They never said anything about it though.
    So the rounding game is only supposed to ever benefit you? You're crying about fairness when your past behavior demonstrates that you have don't care about it when you're not the victim. How is this not the height of hypocrisy and greed?

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

1 freakin dollar...waste of font and space.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Which book is this?

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13978

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    Which book is this?
    yes, which book

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

You are one smart cookie

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board

Didn't Leafer just make a big production of his most recent deposit? I believe the book was JustBet and they do indeed only book action in whole dollars.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by RogueScholar View Post
    Didn't Leafer just make a big production of his most recent deposit? I believe the book was JustBet and they do indeed only book action in whole dollars.
    Not a big production IMO. I made a bet tracking thread for what I would hope to be good luck. I do that on my threads and encourage members to tail me or fade me. The book doesn't really matter though, this thread was created more for laughter, hence the jokes I made to the rep I talked to, and to bring up the issue of the payout of a wager changing.

If I went to Mcdonald's and ordered 6 hamburgers, and they gave me five... I would ask them to make it right, or I wouldn't go back there. I deposited at this book probably two years ago, when I managed my bankroll as well as Patty Venditto, so I went bust right away. I didn't have any issues with their customer service last deposit, and they were offering me a solid bonus, hence why I re-deposited. If I continue to have problems with this rollover, I definitely would not deposit there in the future. But, this isn't like in your metaphor where I keep depositing although I have had issues in the past. This deposit is the first time i've had an issue...

As for your point about the rounding error, if the books choose to round up/down, they are setting the precedent. Not every bet I make takes advantage of a rounding error, but i'd say more often than not, I do benefit. The book isn't asking me if I want to deal in dollars and cents or rounding. If they were that concerned about it, they would deal in dollars and cents.

The point i'm trying to make isn't that i'm getting screwed by a rounding error... the point i'm trying to make is that, I made a bet. At the confirmation page, it says 39 to win 38. I then realize a few minutes later, the bet is now 39 to win 37. It doesn't matter, because the bet appears to be a loser, and as i've mentioned... it's $1. It just seems shady is all.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Ryan,

I think you would only know if you got screwed or not after the bet is credited. If the wager was to win xx.50 than it will round it up to the next dollar amount. If the wager was to win xx.49 then it rounds up to the previous dollar amount.

I believe Mitch took care of this for you.

You will NEVER be screwed, we have been in the business too long to get into "screwing" customers from what you state, the decimal amount will be present at all times in your balance, just not reflected to the public due to how our system works, in fact it is not shown to our CS agents either.

If you feel mislead / screwed / taking advantage of or any other similar feeling, feel free to get a hold of me on Live Chat, if in fact you won the bet, I will grant you that extra $1 and remove the decimal amount from your account.

Cheers,

Sharky

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Peter well said. BigEric i need 11 large guy.
    gimme 22 points pal.
    Points Awarded:

RyanLeafOfBets gave B1GER1C828 22 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Shark79 View Post
    Ryan,

I think you would only know if you got screwed or not after the bet is credited. If the wager was to win xx.50 than it will round it up to the next dollar amount. If the wager was to win xx.49 then it rounds up to the previous dollar amount.

I believe Mitch took care of this for you.

You will NEVER be screwed, we have been in the business too long to get into "screwing" customers from what you state, the decimal amount will be present at all times in your balance, just not reflected to the public due to how our system works, in fact it is not shown to our CS agents either.

If you feel mislead / screwed / taking advantage of or any other similar feeling, feel free to get a hold of me on Live Chat, if in fact you won the bet, I will grant you that extra $1 and remove the decimal amount from your account.

Cheers,

Sharky
    Sharky, not a big deal. I was just thrown by seeing 39 to win 38 and then seeing 39 to win 37. Obviously, $1 isn't going to make or break me, and if I was that concerned about $1, I'd either be extremely OCD or extremely broke.

This thread was only semi-serious, not a big deal. I have however made sure to triple check wagers after making them!

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Ok man ... if you need any help, I'm always around.

Harmy G
    cool story bro
    Harmy G's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2262

This happens to me sometimes at SIA, but it is for one penny.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

I assume that the book is justbet, as Sharky answered. If so, in my dealings with them, I noticed some funny behavior with rounding. But after checking carefully, I found that they keep count of cents in balance, but they appear rounded on screen. So, do not bother making 20 $15 to win $14 bets, anyway the correct balance is computed.