lovetobet
    lovetobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2200

Oddsmakers Salary??

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out what a oddsmaker earns per year? I need to find some legitimate information regarding this subject, it is in regard to some work I am doing.

I would prefer to find information that relates to Nevada but at this point anything would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by lovetobet; 04-20-09 at 07:08 PM.

betbetter
    betbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lovetobet View Post
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out what a oddsmaker earns per year? I need to find some legitimate information regarding this subject, it is in regard to some work I am doing.

I would prefer to find information that relates to Nevada but at this point anything would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Completely dependant on experience, a proven acumen and contacts. Vegas is a closed environment, good luck breaking in there, offshore has openings, there are some recruitment agencies like Pentasia, $$ can differ widely by location and workload.

GoodOldTed
    GoodOldTed's Avatar Become A Pro!

is this for research or are you trying to get into the industry? Like betbetter said, experience and how you know makes a hell of a difference. Most positions will be on performance-based contracts as well. It's an industry where if you're crap, you are soon found out. If you are good, then you should be making plenty from bonuses and betting on the side...

lovetobet
    lovetobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2200

Sorry on the slow reply, work started kicking my ass. I am not trying to get into the industry, I have a good job which I like. It is in relation to work that I have to perform. In most industries this information would be readily available but like betbetter said Vegas is a closed environment, so I can't find much info. Thought I'd throw it out there to you guys figuring someone might have a good idea. I was hoping to find some documented industry info. or even less reliable info. from a magazine article, etc. would help at this point.

Thanks for chiming in and if anyone else has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks