secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Hope u dont have funds at BETEAGLE!

big bust went down yesterday and u wont be seeing a dime obviously

Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012 | Posted by Toms River, NJ
    Shore Area Residents Among Those Arrested in Organized Crime Operated Online Gambling Sting

Thirteen individuals, including one alleged member of the Genovese organized crime family and 12 members and associates of its LaScala Crew, were charged today in connection with an illegal, on-line gambling operation, U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman announced.

The defendants are charged with racketeering conspiracy in a Complaint unsealed this morning in conjunction with arrests in the case. Two defendants remain at large. A fourteenth defendant is charged with transmission of wagering information. The defendants are scheduled to make their initial appearances later today before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark S. Falk in Newark federal court.
    “The acts alleged in this criminal complaint show that traditional organized crime continues to pursue its bread and butter – illegal gambling, loan-sharking and cargo theft,” U.S. Attorney Fishman said. “The new wrinkle here is the use of off-shore sites and the Internet for processing bets. Law enforcement will use countermeasures that are just as sophisticated to bring these criminal enterprises to justice.”
    “Today’s arrests serve as a stark reminder that traditional organized crime continues to operate in New Jersey,” FBI Special Agent in Charge Ward said. “Bookmaking, loan-sharking, cargo thefts, and illegal gambling in social clubs are the staples by which organized crime funds further criminal activity. The use of Internet gambling and off shore locales demonstrates an evolution and increased sophistication, but the threat of force or violence to serve their purpose remains the same, as does the negative impact of organized crime on the citizens of this state.”

According to the Complaint unsealed this morning in Newark federal court:
    The Genovese Crime Family of La Cosa Nostra operated out of smaller groups, sometimes referred to as “crews,” that operated in northern New Jersey and elsewhere. Each crew was headed by a “captain,” “capo,” or “skipper.” Each captain’s crew consisted of “soldiers” and “associates.” The captain was responsible for supervising the criminal activities of his crew and providing the crew with support and protection. In return, the captain often received a share of the crew’s earnings.
    Joseph Lascala, 80, of Monroe, N.J., was a “capo” and a made member of the Genovese Crime Family, directing various criminal activities of a group of associates referred to in the Complaint as the “Lascala Crew.” These activities included the theft of goods and cargo, the receipt of stolen property in interstate commerce, extortion, illegal gambling, and the collection of unlawful debt.
    Members and associates of the Lascala Crew and others, together with individuals that own and operate the website Beteagle.com (“Website”), used the Website to profit through the operation of an illegal gambling business that operated in northern New Jersey and elsewhere. High-level associates of the Lascala Crew acted as “agents” of an illegal gamblingbusiness that was operated through the Website. Before the advent of computerized betting, these agents would be referred to as “bookmakers” or “bookies.” Through the use of a username and password, the agents accessed the Website and tracked the bets or wagers placed by their bettors. This “electronic portfolio” was referred to as the agent’s “package.” The agent also had the ability, through the Website, to create packages for sub-agents. Sub-agents, who also were members or associates of the Lascala Crew, operated under the agent, maintained their own bettors, had access to the Website related to their package, and were required to share their profits with the agent and ultimately, Lascala.

Bettors first received a username and password from the agent or sub-agent, which could be used to place bets. The bettor, however, did not use a CC to either access the Website or to pay gambling losses or to receive gambling winnings. The bettor usually was assigned or chose a player name, such as “Shark,” “Colt,” or “Ace.” The agent or sub-agent also established a betting limit for each bettor. The bettor used his or her user name and password to place bets through the Website or over the telephone.
    The Website was maintained in Costa Rica and referred to as the “office.” Although the Website was maintained in Costa Rica, the bettors either paid money for losses or received money for winnings from the agent, his sub-agent, or their co-conspirators in New Jersey. If a bettor was unable or unwilling to repay gambling losses, then the agent or sub-agent converted these losses in debts that the bettor was required to repay. The agent or sub-agent often tacked exorbitant amounts of interest onto these debts and they used extortionate means to collect these debts, including the express or veiled threat that the agent, sub-agent, or their co-conspirators had the backing of the Genovese Crime Family.
    After the agent obtained money, usually in the form of cash, from his sub-agents or directly from the bettors, the agent kept a portion of the cash for himself and then distributed the remainder of the money, through intermediaries, to others, including members and associates of the Lascala Crew and the individuals who owned and maintained the Website.
    The Lascala Crew, in confederation with the Website, directed, coached, assisted, and caused bettors in New Jersey and elsewhere to place wagers on sporting events and contests, such as football.
    The Complaint details a recorded conversation wherein defendant Joseph Graziano describes the operation: “You’re in the wrong business now, you know? . . . . You should be in the sports business. . . . They’re gonna build it up to, like, [expletive] no end. . . . I call the kid up. In the office down there, I’m really proud of him. I mean, he has 50 phones in his [expletive] place. . . . And, it’s nice, it’s like an auction. . . . ”
    The Lascala Crew also profits by operating social clubs in northern New Jersey and elsewhere. At these social clubs, members of the Lascala Crew profit through card games and other illegal games of chance.
    The Complaint also charges that the Lascala Crew engages in cargo theft and the receipt and sale of stolen goods in interstate commerce, which stolen goods the members of the Lascala Crew refer to as S.W.A.G. (Stolen Without a Gun).
    The defendants named in the Complaint are:
    Defendant, age a/k/a Residence
    Joseph Lascala, 80 Pepe, Ziggy Monroe, N.J.
    Patsy Pirozzi, 72 Uncle Patsy Suffern, N.Y.
    John Breheney, 47 Johnny Fugazi, Fu, Johnny Fu Little Egg Harbor, N.J.
    Eric Patten, 35 EP Bayonne, N.J.
    Franklin Militello*, 71 The Flea, The Fox
    Mark Sanzo, 53 Bayonne
    Robert Scerbo*, 54 Worm Bayonne
    William Bruder, 42 Willie
    Michael O’Donnell, 48 Mikey O Wall, N.J.
    Salvatore Turchio, 44 Little Egg Harbor
    Jose Gotay, 74 New Milford, N.J.
    Joseph Graziano, 75 Joe Graz, Graz Springfield, N.J.
    Dominick Barone, 42 Harpo Springfield
    Kenneth Baran, 49 Bayonne
    (*not in custody)
    Each of the defendants, with the exception of defendant Kenneth Baran, is charged with Racketeering Conspiracy in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1962(d). This count carries a maximum term of twenty years’ imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. Defendant Ken Baran is charged with Transmission of Wagering Information, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1084 and Section 2. This count carries a maximum term of two years’ imprisonment and a $250,000 fine.
    The charges and allegations contained in the Complaint are merely accusations, and the defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty. U.S. Attorney Fishman credited special agents of the FBI, under the direction of Special Agent in Charge Michael B. Ward in Newark; the Special Investigations Unit of the Bayonne Police Department, under the direction of Chief Robert Kubert; special agents of IRS-Criminal Investigation under the direction of Acting Special Agent in Charge JoAnn S. Zuniga; the N.J.
    State Police, under the direction of Col. Rick Fuentes; and the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office, under the direction of Prosecutor Peter E. Warshaw, with the investigation leading to today’s arrests. The government is represented by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Anthony Moscato and Serina M. Vash of the Organized Crime/Gangs Unit in Newark.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

It sounds like they are describing agents who may have used Eagle as a service.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep...they were just agents at beteagle.... did u even read the damn article

offshoreguy
    offshoreguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

As far as I know they are strictly pph, oh how the media loves to blow stuff out of proportion.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    Yep...they were just agents at beteagle.... did u even read the damn article
    He probably read it, just don't think he knew what he was reading.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

no one has funds at beteagle, it's a pph.

only people whose actual agent was busted are out of money. and only probably what they are up this week.

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can tell you that when I had trouble with Chuck and BetGrizzly the guys at BetEagle answered the phone for BetGrizzly after hours etc. and before the BetGriz guys got to work. When I was upset about my payout being delayed one of the BetEagle guys wanted to move me over to play on their side. I just went back to 5Dimes where I know my money is safe.

creed
    creed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1050

Just the beginning

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

Had a credit account with them years ago.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by creed View Post
    Just the beginning
    Beginning of what? Sky falling again?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: offshoreguy

durito
    escarabajo negro

Just the beginning
    beginning if what? illegal bookies operating in the usa have been getting arrested on ocasion for about 60 years now.

creed

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    beginning if what? illegal bookies operating in the usa have been getting arrested on ocasion for about 60 years now.

60 years ago no such thing as internet taking bets offshore . Feds have a whole different agenda this time of age

durito
    escarabajo negro

60 years ago no such thing as internet taking bets offshore . Feds have a whole different agenda this time of age
    that may be but beteagle is just an accounting service and the guys busted were no different than a street bookie before the internet.

beteagle.com is working just fine right now

creed

Just ironic this outfit had a article done by the NY Times a month or so ago of them .It was just like a advertisement explaining there services . Talk about shoving it up the mans nose.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by offshoreguy View Post
    As far as I know they are strictly pph, oh how uneducated posters loves to blow stuff out of proportion.

FYP.

secretstash

sorry guys if i misread article....

but i thought this statement alone meant that the guys that got popped Owned and Operated the site as it states in article.

maybe the article was wrong.. not me

-stash

Members and associates of the Lascala Crew and others, together with individuals that own and operate the website Beteagle.com (“Website”), used the Website to profit through the operation of an illegal gambling business that operated in northern New Jersey and elsewhere

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    sorry guys if i misread article....

but i thought this statement alone meant that the guys that got popped Owned and Operated the site as it states in article.

maybe the article was wrong.. not me

-stash

Members and associates of the Lascala Crew and others, together with individuals that own and operate the website Beteagle.com (“Website”), used the Website to profit through the operation of an illegal gambling business that operated in northern New Jersey and elsewhere
    You're just reading the sentence wrong. It doesn't say the owners were arrested. It's saying that the 13 guys nabbed used Beteagle - as does whomever owns and operates it obviously. Those guys were just agents in NJ. And even if the owners were arrested too, PPH sites like Beteagle don't even see your money... only your agent does.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: secretstash, and offshoreguy

secretstash

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    You're just reading the sentence wrong. It doesn't say the owners were arrested. It's saying that the 13 guys nabbed used Beteagle - as does whomever owns and operates it obviously. Those guys were just agents in NJ. And even if the owners were arrested too, PPH sites like Beteagle don't even see your money... only your agent does.
    u can tell i dont bet local

and i didnt even know beteagle was a pph site

oh well.. glad to see posters funds are prolly safe then (if they werent with that mobster local)

-stash

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    u can tell i dont bet local

and i didnt even know beteagle was a pph site

oh well.. glad to see posters funds are prolly safe then (if they werent with that mobster local)

-stash
    That's how we learn, right? Come to a forum and get feedback. I don't have the balls to deal with PPH agents... purely because even I could become one and I'm a dumbass. But those people arrested are all just locals. Alleged mob guys who instead of writing down bets on paper or a whiteboard in a bar, paid a fee to Beteagle for them to provide a website and host/grade bets. The locals (agents) receive and pay funds... the PPH company is basically like an accounting/hosting site.

marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    That's how we learn, right? Come to a forum and get feedback. I don't have the balls to deal with PPH agents...
    Please dont tell JJ or anyone about the Balls thing...