brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

*new* bookmaker.com.au

SBR time to investigate. I only discovered them 5 minutes ago.

On the join form, it has USA and Canada as selectable countries.

Wonder who they are or if anyone here has played with them yet?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

1.2 Forbidden Jurisdictions

In compliance with US legislation, by way of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act, sports wagers will not be accepted from any resident of the United States of America.
    In compliance with Hong Kong law, horse racing and sports wagers will not be accepted if you are physically present in Hong Kong. If you are physically present in Hong Kong, you agree you will not place or attempt to place a wager.
    Sports wagers will not be accepted from any residents of any countries other than Australia and New Zealand.

Looks like they hold a license from the Norfolk Island Gaming Authority. We've received no mail from readers on them; but will reach out. thanks for the post.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I tried to talk to them once but their phone support closes at 7 or 8pm during the week. Been around since Feb, based in Brisbane. I think it's more geared to racing, or at least it was, but I'm not going to bother until someone like Hareeba plays there first. Decent first time bonus too.

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    1.2 Forbidden Jurisdictions

In compliance with US legislation, by way of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act, sports wagers will not be accepted from any resident of the United States of America.
    In compliance with Hong Kong law, horse racing and sports wagers will not be accepted if you are physically present in Hong Kong. If you are physically present in Hong Kong, you agree you will not place or attempt to place a wager.
    Sports wagers will not be accepted from any residents of any countries other than Australia and New Zealand.

Looks like they hold a license from the Norfolk Island Gaming Authority. We've received no mail from readers on them; but will reach out. thanks for the post.

At the bottom of of there page it says they are licensed by an Australian Territory, so its either Northern Territory (good) or Australian Capital Territory (bad).....have to wonder why they can't specify like every other book.

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I tried to talk to them once but their phone support closes at 7 or 8pm during the week. Been around since Feb, based in Brisbane. I think it's more geared to racing, or at least it was, but I'm not going to bother until someone like Hareeba plays there first. Decent first time bonus too.
    They have head 2 head and lines, that is it. no incentive to join BUT they may grow in markets, i'm going to paste a review from another site which is where i found out about them but i wont mention who they are in case you get infraction trigger happy.

bookmaker.com.au is a promising new entrant to the Australian online betting scene. The website design and state of the art interface are top draw, with excellent betting functionality and a well-designed account management area. We also liked the fact that bonus credit can be split up into multiple wagers rather than forcefully wagered in one hit. The main drawback of the service at the moment is its sports betting selection. The major markets are catered for, but only winner, line and head-to-head betting were available at the time of review. The company it still new, however, and we have been informed that the selection will increase to be on par with other bookmakers by around May 2012. Bookmaker.com.au is definitely worth checking out.

Not much really on that but may is just a week away and seems like they haven't done much.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Norfolk Island *is* an Australian Territory. They are neither NT or ACT regulated.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The business is actually registered in Brisbane (actually Chermside), probably operated from there under a Norfolk Island license, so I wouldn't be doing business with them short-term.
    Last edited by Santo; 04-26-12 at 07:33 AM.

brettels

I just called them and asked a few questions

This is the info i got

They are about 7 weeks old

They are licensed in Norfolk Island

They say they do not limit

They will be adding more markets to there sports in the next few weeks (sounded more focused on sports)

brettels

Also they are independant and not affiliated with any other book

brettels

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/php-progr...sbane/22176572

Any of you programmers want a job?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

I wonder what they see as being the advantage(s) of operating under a NI rather than a NT licence?

brettels

I made an account with them and played around with the betslip which is unique, haven't made a deposit yet.

Anyone know of any other current or former bookies licensed in Norfolk Island?

brettels

they also have a credit facility but i don't know how much can be borrowed yet.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    I made an account with them and played around with the betslip which is unique, haven't made a deposit yet.

Anyone know of any other current or former bookies licensed in Norfolk Island?
    NI was the home of Austote which was bought out by IAS. Not sure what happened to it but looks like it is history now.

brettels

Did anyone have problems with Austote? I never used them.

I just had my account verified with bookmaker, fast. will deposit sometime this week to try them out. They have Poli which is a plus.

The credit facility you can borrow 200, 500, 750, 1000, 2500 or 5000. I personally never use credit facilities with a bookie though.

brettels

Unlimited selections for multi/parlay

minimum bet online $1 and on phone $100

Betting can be done in dollars and cents

Thats all i know now so i guess after i make a deposit and withdraw i'll come back and let know how it went.

Hareeba!

Have you confirmed what the max. new account bonus is?

The home page says $250 but the deposit page says $100.

brettels

if you type in new250 somewhere when you join (i found out after) you can get 250 bonus

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I wonder what they see as being the advantage(s) of operating under a NI rather than a NT licence?
    A Norfolk Island registered company (owned and managed by Norfolk Island residents) is not subject to any corporate taxation or payroll tax or stamp duties. However, annual
    returns are to be provided with a A$500 fee. Any person interested in obtaining further
    detail in regard to Norfolk Island registered companies (which can be a subsidiary),
    should make enquiries to the Director who can put the enquirer into touch with relevant
    Norfolk Island government contacts and local Island solicitors and legal persons who are
    experienced in matters of this kind. Sections 6 and 7 of the Australian Taxation Act and
    Section 24G to L of that Act apply. Norfolk Island residents are normally exempt from Australian tax under these provisions. A person working on the Island for over a period of more than 6 months does not pay income tax.

brettels

So other than that being a benefit for themselves, should a player feel at risk betting with them?

silverdog
    silverdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have an account here, been pretty good so far for horse racing and the dogs. No troubles so far either. I got $300 bonus from ...
    Last edited by shari91; 05-02-12 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Promotional Account

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by silverdog View Post
    I have an account here, been pretty good so far for horse racing and the dogs. No troubles so far either. I got $300 bonus from ...
    So what attracted you to them (other than the bonus)?

Do they offer any advantage over what you can obtain from other Aussie books?
    Last edited by shari91; 05-02-12 at 04:02 AM. Reason: edited quote

brettels

I've deposited(Poli). With ease.

At the moment, for sports, there is only winner, line betting available. But, from what they told me with adding a lot more markets in a few weeks time I'm so far confident they will become something good and I'm looking forward to watching them grow.

You should join Hareeba, they are all set for your racing bets. Looks similar to the luxbet racing but still not exactly the same. There is no one more critical than you, so would love to see how you get on with them.

Hareeba!

I've deposited(Poli). With ease.

At the moment, for sports, there is only winner, line betting available. But, from what they told me with adding a lot more markets in a few weeks time I'm so far confident they will become something good and I'm looking forward to watching them grow.

You should join Hareeba, they are all set for your racing bets. Looks similar to the luxbet racing but still not exactly the same. There is no one more critical than you, so would love to see how you get on with them.
    It seems they don't offer best tote for all meetings or even SP guarantee for metrop. meetings so I see no advantage for my racing bets there at this stage.

They have yet to post up odds for this week's NRL matches which most of the others have.

I need to find something they offer which is as good as the best of the rest before jumping aboard.

brettels

I think they do best of the three as the odds, don't quote me on that maybe you should ask them? I only bet on sports so talking ponies is another language for me.

brettels

Here is your answer

Race Table Legend

• Fluctuations
      Open (Black), Shorten (Green), Lengthen (Red)
    • Mid Tote Win
      Middle tote is the second highest paying tote from the three main Australian totes. When only two totes operate on the meeting Bookmaker will pay out the lower tote. Only used on selected events.
    • Mid Tote Place
      Middle tote is the second highest paying tote from the three main Australian totes.

Hareeba!

yeah lol, HK at mid-tote ... why bother?

Hareeba!

Here is your answer

Race Table Legend

• Fluctuations
      Open (Black), Shorten (Green), Lengthen (Red)
    • Mid Tote Win
      Middle tote is the second highest paying tote from the three main Australian totes. When only two totes operate on the meeting Bookmaker will pay out the lower tote. Only used on selected events.
    • Mid Tote Place
      Middle tote is the second highest paying tote from the three main Australian totes.
    huh?
    that doesn't answer anything I've asked
    mid tote is a stupid way to bet

brettels

I've made an AFL multi to compare with sportsbet, betfair, centrebet and tabcorp.

With these money line selections.....Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Sydney, West coast.

In order of best multi odds

sportsbet @ 2.97

Tabcorp @ 2.89

Bookmaker @ 2.84

Centrebet and betfair @ 2.74

brettels

huh?
    that doesn't answer anything I've asked
    mid tote is a stupid way to bet
    Yeah, I for some reason thought you were on about not seeing horse odds but that was about NRL odds. 10 second tom there for a moment. never mind.

They will have NRL odds up soon enough before the games, give them a try. I want to see if they limit you or not.

Hareeba!

I've made an AFL multi to compare with sportsbet, betfair, centrebet and tabcorp.

With these money line selections.....Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Sydney, West coast.

In order of best multi odds

sportsbet @ 2.97

Tabcorp @ 2.89

Bookmaker @ 2.84

Centrebet and betfair @ 2.74
    Relevance to this thread?

Hareeba!

Yeah, I for some reason thought you were on about not seeing horse odds but that was about NRL odds. 10 second tom there for a moment. never mind.

They will have NRL odds up soon enough before the games, give them a try. I want to see if they limit you or not.
    IF, (big IF) they offer superior odds on anything I fancy I might just do that. But I'd almost guarantee that I'd be able to get better at Betfair, particularly for a 'dog.

brettels

Relevance to this thread?
    You can't multi better odds at betfair, if you multi and your limited almost everywhere else for sports so they might have some value at times.

Hareeba!

You can't multi better odds at betfair, if you multi and your limited almost everywhere else for sports so they might have some value at times.
    Firstly, I don't multi.

And in fact one can very effectively multi at Betfair if the games aren't simultaneous.

12 Last