BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

JustBet just bamboozled me

JustBet is a great book. I have been playing there for six or seven years, and have been very pleased -- even tho I have never cashed out. But, this morning, as the baseball lines first came out, I saw Atlanta at -112. I made a bet for $500, but mistakenly left out the listed pitchers --- so I had an action bet. I don't like action bets, so I called customer service. I asked the rep if I could get the action changed to listed pitchers. The rep says to give him a minute to check, and I am put on hold. A minute later. the rep comes back and informs me that he has deleted the bet and I can rebet the game. But, I now look at the lines, and JustBet is now offering Atlanta at -119. So, I tell the rep that I don't want the new line -- I wanted the -112 line. He tells me that now he cannot change or delete bets, but he did it for me this one time as a favor. I inform him that I did not ask for the bet to be deleted, I merely asked if I could get it changed to listed pitchers ( which they have done for me in the past - but I cannot remember if I had to rebet after a cancellation or if they just made the change to my ticket). He tells me he is sorry, and once again explains that he cannot make any changes or deletions, and if I want I can rebet the game. I ask to speak to a manager, and he tells me that one will be in tomorrow sometime. When I question whether or not a manager will be in today, he says maybe I can find one in a couple of hours. Finally, I tell the rep that I would rather just keep the bet as action rather than have it deleted, but it seems that once the bet was deleted this can't be done - at least by this customer service rep. I know that he could write up a hand ticket or at least give this problem to a manager to write up manually -- but this rep would give me no options other than rebetting at the new line. WAS I EXPECTING TOO MUCH? I didn't ask for the bet to be deleted, and I really did not think there would be a problem with them giving me at least my original bet if not listed pitchers. Usually the customer service here is excellent, but I think they dropped the ball this time. Or am I out of line?

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

BD,

PM me the name of the rep that took your call or PM your account and I can try to help you out.

Sharky.

BranchDavidian

Don't worry about it Shark. It is too late now. I feel better already having gotten my rant in. I don't usually remember the name of the rep that answers my call, and I got the feeling that he was fairly new and did not seem to have any backup. I am sure he was doing as instructed as best he could, and probably feels that I am in ingrate for not appreciating that he was only trying to do me a favor. I probably shouldn't have even bothered the forum with this non-issue, but as I said, the ranting did relieve the steam. Besides, it looks like the line on Atlanta is coming back down now!

BranchDavidian

Hey Shark: If you are still around, I see where the problem originated from. The software used to set up baseball bets as listed automatically. Even now the listed pitchers are shown as checked in the box by their names. But for some reason, the bets are being placed as action, even tho those boxes are checked automatically. I can't find any way to change the default setting. Well, now I see that some of the games will accept the bets correctly ( cubs/marlins works0 but others do not (Cinn/StL) will only take action bets. I don't know if this is only me or not, but you might have a whole bunch of people with action bets that thought they were betting listed pitchers.

BranchDavidian

Once again, forget about it Sharky. It seems the problem was on my end. Once my cookies got cleared, I was again able to place listed bets. At least I now know why my bet showed up as action this morning.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!

Good to know everything is ok BD.

Im always around, so if you need anything, just shoot me a PM.

Be safe and good luck !

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Justbet seems to be running a good outfit. Good to see this was cleared up.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

JustBet is a great book. I have been playing there for six or seven years, and have been very pleased -- even tho I have never cashed out.

wtf?
    Points Awarded:

Fishhead gave baskets 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

BranchDavidian

I don't mind losing once in a while. At least JustBet returns 10% semi-annually.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    JustBet is a great book. I have been playing there for six or seven years, and have been very pleased -- even tho I have never cashed out.

That's like saying...."I love the steak at Ruth Chris............but I've never eaten there".

The number one factor when determining if it's a "great book" is the speed and reliability of their payouts, which you can not attest to.

BranchDavidian

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    That's like saying...."I love the steak at Ruth Chris............but I've never eaten there".

The number one factor when determining if it's a "great book" is the speed and reliability of their payouts, which you can not attest to.
    Have you seen or heard of any complaints? I like the book because of their loyalty program, because they offer nice bonuses, they have good customer service ( which seems to include Sharky, who is able to get things done for SBR members ), and they have a nice rating from SBR. They provide a good service and are dependable ( I realize I have no first hand experience with payouts, but I think we both understand that any money deposited here is safe ). It is unfortunate that I have not been able to cash out here, but if I make the same bets at another book, I would not be cashing out there either! JustBet gives me what I ask for -- if I can manage to pick a few winners here, I am not worried about getting my money back.
    Last edited by BranchDavidian; 04-19-12 at 12:14 PM.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

my comment was no offense to you

gl in the future

BranchDavidian

I was not offended. I knew when I made that statement about not cashing out in all those years that many fellow posters might take this opportunity to have a little fun at my expense. That is OK, I make most of my bets at other books. As most posters here know, the one drawback at JustBet is their vanilla lines. When JustBet does occasionally have the best number, or sometimes close to the best number, then I jump on it.

losemyloot
    Update your status
    losemyloot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    Have you seen or heard of any complaints? I like the book because of their loyalty program, because they offer nice bonuses, they have good customer service ( which seems to include Sharky, who is able to get things done for SBR members ), and they have a nice rating from SBR. They provide a good service and are dependable ( I realize I have no first hand experience with payouts, but I think we both understand that any money deposited here is safe ). It is unfortunate that I have not been able to cash out here, but if I make the same bets at another book, I would not be cashing out there either! JustBet gives me what I ask for -- if I can manage to pick a few winners here, I am not worried about getting my money back.
    What loyalty program does Justbet have?

BranchDavidian

Quote Originally Posted by losemyloot View Post
    What loyalty program does Justbet have?
    Currently, they will rebate 10% of your losses each six months. ( In the form of a free play )

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

JB just usually have horrible lines on anything thats not the big 4

thats main reason my friend left...no problems getting paid but prices werent good at all
    Last edited by 5mike5; 04-22-12 at 12:33 AM.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!

5mike5 our lines will get better soon.

Quarius
    Quarius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 851

They have always been nice to me.

OUTCAST
    OUTCAST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1872

I love that book. I wish they would let me play the ponies there again.