superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Isn't it hypocritical

That books have no problem with you maxing out your CC time after time betting on sports with no verification ever required. However, when you do ask for a payout, suddenly they want scans of the front and back of your ID, a utility bill in order to verify that you aren't using a stolen card.

They make it seem like it's for the protection of the CC holder, but that's clearly not the case. How come you don't need to verify your account before placing any bets?

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinny made me have my card verified before accepting the deposit so I guess that depends on your bookie.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

They aren't doing it to protect you, they are doing it to protect themselves. They are thinking if they have your ID and verification that somehow will protect them from chargebacks. Which is silly in the U.S. because they can't defend gambling as a legal charge. I prefer sites that don't deal with CC charges and just cash. Everyone who has a CC can just as easy send it p2p online and get fees covered. No risk to either party with that way.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

it is what it is. Life isn't fair.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    they are doing it to protect themselves. They are thinking if they have your ID and verification that somehow will protect them from chargebacks.
    If the books really wanted to try and protect themselves from chargebacks they would require a player to submit all paperwork/forms prior to making any wagers. No US book I've ever dealt with requires this. It only needs to be submitted before requesting a payout. I would assume most of the chargebacks are coming form players who lost their ass and are pissed off, hence never requested a payout, hence never filled out any CC auth of submitted any documentation. This leaves the book wide open for possible chargebacks.

And just f.y.i.......I have a friend who works in the fraud investigation dept of a large bank. The fact the charge was really for gambling doesn't mean you will automatically win the dispute, cc auth on file or not. Don't forget these charges are processed by a third party and show up as regular online purchases from "legitimate" companies. It's a 50-50 deal either way depending on your bank and how far they're willing to fight for you and how hard you're willing to go down that road. If you submitted a cc auth to your book despite what you say it's going to be harder than you think. Keep in mind nowhere on the generic cc form or thru the 3rd party charge does it mention gambling. If you used a prepaid card you will almost never win the dispute as they could care less about you and do not devote any resources towards investigating "fraud".

OP, I agree with you. I've always wondered why books don't just require all the documentation upfront. They are neither protecting us or themselves by doing it the way they do.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

its because if you have two accounts they would decline your deposit. If you deposit deposit deposit lose lose lose then suddently win they look to see if you have 2 accounts. When you do they keep everything.

Cheese1976
    Cheese1976's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

When initiating a ********** dispute is it not a bad idea to mention "gambling" to the bank representative?