Andy Vix
    Andy Vix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 515

Dumb Bonus Noob Question

For Free Play Bonuses at most books,

Hypothetical question say you get your offered a 20% free play on a $1000 deposit by A+ rated sports and it happens to be equal $200, if you win at even odds you'd win $200 (presuming that fits within their allowed maximum)
    so you if you win you have $400, your $200 free play and the $200 in winnings. If you loose your bet, do you just get to keep the $200 they initially gave you? Then you have to meet roll over etc

I know this probably differs from shop to shop, but wondering if this is the standard that you get to keep the initial amount of your free play win or lose?

Thanks

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

A freeplay isn't included in the winnings. Say your $200 freeplay is wagered on team A @ +100 and it wins. Then you receive $200 not $400
    Say the rollover is 4x You calculate your deposit which is 1000 + freeplay 200 = 1200 x 4 =4800 rollover.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

And if it loses you get nothing, except perhaps the rollover

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

Also want to add if you push on your free play at some books this is a loss. You will want to check with the book beforehand to make sure. Also if you play a parlay with the freeplay and win more than the freeplay amount your rollover is calculated on which ever is the higher of the two.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Vix View Post
    If you loose your bet, do you just get to keep the $200 they initially gave you? Then you have to meet roll over etc

I know this probably differs from shop to shop, but wondering if this is the standard that you get to keep the initial amount of your free play win or lose?

To answer your question, it's quite to the contrary. As others have already mentioned, you do not get to keep the FP win OR lose, only the winnings (if any) derived from the FP bet(s). It's understandable you weren't aware of this, but I'm very confused why you would ever think you get to keep the $200 FP if you placed a bet with it and lost.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    And if it loses you get nothing, except perhaps the rollover
    You can take out "perhaps"

Andy Vix
    Andy Vix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 515

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    To answer your question, it's quite to the contrary. As others have already mentioned, you do not get to keep the FP win OR lose, only the winnings (if any) derived from the FP bet(s). It's understandable you weren't aware of this, but I'm very confused why you would ever think you get to keep the $200 FP if you placed a bet with it and lost.

I thought I read this on the terms of one of the books for a new player sign up bonus.

I am new to the whole deal so had thought it was just a promotion where they give you say $100 as a bonus with roll over then you bet the "free" $100 whatever the winnings + the $100 fp they gave u became your bonus and roll over and if you lost its just the $100 plus roll over.

Just trying to grow a bankroll, Thanks for the responses