whodat1976
    whodat1976's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Has anyone been limited from Bet365 for having consitently high positive returns?

Has anyone been limited from Bet365 for having consitently high positive returns?

filipinho
    filipinho's Avatar Become A Pro!

hm, maybe everyone?Popular nickname for them is Bet3.65 (pay attention to decimal point).

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

yes they are one of the very fastest to limit

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16666

The 2 posts above are correct.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20471

Depends on what you mean by "consistently high".

I've been limited consistently by them (on 3 accounts) but I certainly wouldn't say that what I'd won was a high figure and nor had I been doing it for very long.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Duff85

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

It will depend on your style of betting, if you are an arber you will be limited by them as fast as you place 4-5 bets. If you place only value bets, your account should survive for a longer time, but if you are just a bettor, that will lost in the long term, you probably will stay with good limits forever.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post

I've been limited consistently by them (on 3 accounts) but I certainly wouldn't say that what I'd won was a high figure and nor had I been doing it for very long.
    Hareeba beat me to it. Was going to come in and say "No, because they won't let you achieve consistently high".

Duff85

Quote Originally Posted by caveira View Post
    It will depend on your style of betting, if you are an arber you will be limited by them as fast as you place 4-5 bets. If you place only value bets, your account should survive for a longer time, but if you are just a bettor, that will lost in the long term, you probably will stay with good limits forever.
    Explain the difference here - the only thing I can think of that makes them different is the size of the bet. Unless you jump on live chat and tell them that you have just laid off the action somewhere else they have no real way of identifying what is an arb and value bet. All of my action would look like arbs - except i'm only taking one side of it.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    Explain the difference here - the only thing I can think of that makes them different is the size of the bet. Unless you jump on live chat and tell them that you have just laid off the action somewhere else they have no real way of identifying what is an arb and value bet. All of my action would look like arbs - except i'm only taking one side of it.
    To the book it doesn't matter what else you are doing. All they see is a player who is very good at grabbing the best price available. There are hundreds of thousands of arbers who do just that. But those of us who simply seek to get the best price for our picks are also attracted to those same best prices, so from the book's perspective we are all just lumped in the same category.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

So you are an arber or bonus whore after all, despite your "iam a pro" attitude here. Interesting..
    3 accounts, enuf evidence.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    So you are an arber or bonus whore after all, despite your "iam a pro" attitude here. Interesting..
    3 accounts, enuf evidence.
    There you go jumping to conclusions and calling me a liar. Nowhere near enough evidence.

If you are in the least bit interested in the truth this is it:

I opened an account there several years ago and was limited within a couple of months so gave up on it.

I had an account at Bowmans which Bet$3.65 took over so that was my second account with them. Same story, didn't last long at all.

I have a friend (very small time punter) who allowed me to use his account (I did warn him of what was likely to happen). Same story.

No arbing. No bonus whoring. Apology awaited but not expected.
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 04-09-12 at 08:27 PM.

damnasians
    damnasians's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't want to be the one that breaks this to you but you're guilty of multi accounting.

Fraudulent and also against T&Cs. If you want to confirm this, contact their Live Chat. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to assist you.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Apology for what? As above poster writes..you didn't seem to be much concerned about multi accounting, which is rather funny considering all your "but it's the law" talk in countless other threads.

Duff85

Quote Originally Posted by damnasians View Post
    If you want to confirm this, contact their Live Chat. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to assist you.
    lol or he could just keep exploiting soft prices and churning over new accounts. I have no problem with multi-accounting scumbag bookmakers who aim to put up a line that they can make guaranteed profit on. People like Monte, who bet with no edge and hate people who do, prove that there is enough dumb money in the market place that at least the books could share the gravy a bit.

But thanks Monte - my account, my brother's account, my father's account and my three friend's accounts are so glad that you give money to Bet $3.65 and Blowdog so that they can put money in my accounts. Now shouldn't you parlaying up 6 or 7 short priced moneyline favourites? How do you have time to be in this conversation?
    Last edited by Duff85; 04-09-12 at 09:40 PM.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Apology for what? As above poster writes..you didn't seem to be much concerned about multi accounting, which is rather funny considering all your "but it's the law" talk in countless other threads.
    You falsely accused me of being an arber, a bonus whore and a liar. But as anticipated no apology forthcoming.

I can't possibly be guilty of "multi-accounting" as I've only ever opened one account and the second they opened for me (the first having been closed earlier) when they took over my Bowman's account. And that account too was closed after they limited the life out of it. I've not contravened any law.
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 04-09-12 at 09:50 PM.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Hareeb, when they limit you is it because you beat their lines or are you just winning on a reglar basis?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Hareeb, when they limit you is it because you beat their lines or are you just winning on a reglar basis?
    I suspect the former but they don't tell you that. It was several years ago now but I think I made an enquiry about being limited on my first account and they were able to tell me what profit and I think percentage of turnover I was in front.

But I do know of one punter who's been a regular winner on UK horse racing for several years and hasn't yet been limited. Perhaps because he bets early in the day but I really don't know their reasoning.

Duff85

I know of a guy who is an absolute square who was limited at Sportingbet. Not sure who made the decision to pull the plug on him. Mostly though I think its because you beat their lines - I am not a big punter by any stretch but have been limited several places I think for consistently getting good numbers. One of those shops I had ran pretty close to break even over about 400 bets and then they dropped the hammer on me.

wavey
    wavey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

i put in 2000 and made 50000 before they capped me.

whodat1976
    whodat1976's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by wavey View Post
    i put in 2000 and made 50000 before they capped me.
    Did you try to open another account? The reason why I ask is that in 2011, I earned net around $30,000 but I've minimised my stakes there, especially after they increased their margin of profit for asian handicap football.

zebras99
    zebras99's Avatar Become A Pro!

I made 5-6 bets on handball mainly over/under when some eurochamp qualification was playing (some won, some lots, but basically stayed with my deposit money) and they've limited me right away.

szlem
    szlem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

I'm positive there - 4 figures overall but not limited at all. But i don't arb, keep the bets at around 80 percent of the max bet and so far it works. However their prices go lower and lower and I moved most of the action elsewhere

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by whodat1976 View Post
    Has anyone been limited from Bet365 for having consitetly high positive returns?
    If you havent then you are doing something very wrong

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16925

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    If you havent then you are doing something very wrong
    Real big timer here. How much did you win, a month's worth of milk money?

mathdotcom

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Real big timer here. How much did you win, a month's worth of milk money?
    Son, if you have not been limited by 365 you are definitely a huge square. Thread over.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16925

Son, if you have not been limited by 365 you are definitely a huge square. Thread over.
    With all that money you made off 365, you couldn't use some of it to get that nose of yours fixed? One hideous honker, for sure.

mathdotcom

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    With all that money you made off 365, you couldn't use some of it to get that nose of yours fixed? One hideous honker, for sure.
    Why don't you post a picture of yourself? Scared?

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Why don't you post a picture of yourself? Scared?
    Wait, are you saying he isn't the real Peyton Manning? Any proof of this?

Marrowhine
    Marrowhine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

I was limited as far as I can tell for beating the closing odds on the horses, wasn't really making much profit with them at the time though.
    Still worth keeping a few dollars there for the broadcasts.

Faith1000
    Faith1000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    lol or he could just keep exploiting soft prices and churning over new accounts. I have no problem with multi-accounting scumbag bookmakers who aim to put up a line that they can make guaranteed profit on. People like Monte, who bet with no edge and hate people who do, prove that there is enough dumb money in the market place that at least the books could share the gravy a bit.

But thanks Monte - my account, my brother's account, my father's account and my three friend's accounts are so glad that you give money to Bet $3.65 and Blowdog so that they can put money in my accounts. Now shouldn't you parlaying up 6 or 7 short priced moneyline favourites? How do you have time to be in this conversation?
    You are absolutely right.Very well said.
    The great bookies show very little moral and daily uses their wide arsenal of tricks to take your money.
    We are not allowed to try to put up any form of "resistance" whatsoever.
    If we still manage to do just that,we are being limited to peanuts or simply shut out.

JG507802
    JG507802's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

Add me to the list, after less than a year of betting in Bet 3.65 today I was limited to the same ridiculous amounts as everyone; still can't understand why this bookie it's rated "A" here, no bookmaker doing this should get more than C- and that would be too much. i assume filling a complain in SBR against them it's totally useless, basically they do whatever they want with the costumers, at least they should provide some information stating maximum winnings during a certain period of time in their terms and conditions, and not simply hide behind those stupid cut and paste letters from their "risk department" or whatever they like to call it. If they have to save their business by cowardly cutting accounts, which is by the way totally unfair, then it must not be the "great bookie" they claim to be in the media.

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JG507802 View Post
    Add me to the list, after less than a year of betting in Bet 3.65 today I was limited to the same ridiculous amounts as everyone; still can't understand why this bookie it's rated "A" here, no bookmaker doing this should get more than C- and that would be too much. i assume filling a complain in SBR against them it's totally useless, basically they do whatever they want with the costumers, at least they should provide some information stating maximum winnings during a certain period of time in their terms and conditions, and not simply hide behind those stupid cut and paste letters from their "risk department" or whatever they like to call it. If they have to save their business by cowardly cutting accounts, which is by the way totally unfair, then it must not be the "great bookie" they claim to be in the media.
    They're a sponsor of SBR thats why they're rated as they are. They are definitely an A place to a losing bettor (or anyone not getting limited) though. They're not trying to save their business, they're trying to maximize their profits.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by JG507802 View Post
    Add me to the list, after less than a year of betting in Bet 3.65 today I was limited to the same ridiculous amounts as everyone; still can't understand why this bookie it's rated "A" here, no bookmaker doing this should get more than C- and that would be too much.
    You'd then have two A books (SBO and pinnacle), perhaps IBC as a B because of service issues, and the rest C ... because the rest _all_ limit. It's absolutely standard in this business, only a few have the trading capability and volume to work differently.

SBR openly state that limits are not a factor in their ratings - it's all about getting paid. That's not going to be a problem with Bet365.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

To the book it doesn't matter what else you are doing. All they see is a player who is very good at grabbing the best price available. There are hundreds of thousands of arbers who do just that. But those of us who simply seek to get the best price for our picks are also attracted to those same best prices, so from the book's perspective we are all just lumped in the same category.
    Exactly! From the Books' side, an arber or a good one at grabbing the best price, are in the same group and both are not welcome.

JG507802
    JG507802's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    SBR openly state that limits are not a factor in their ratings - it's all about getting paid. That's not going to be a problem with Bet365.
    I have to disagree, bookmakers are obliged to pay to their winning costumers period; it doesn't make it the best bookie on the planet, besides all the sponsoring crap involved between this SBR site and the bookies, giving an A to 3.65 knowing that they're constantly showing the door to anyone who can beat them regularly, clearly shows little to none credibility. Few years ago I used to read a lot this SBR forum and their ranking, which graded 3.65 with a C in 2009, 4 years later they are A and keep doing exactly the same to "maximise their profits". I wonder how much money these narrow minded companies actually invest (I rather say waste) in publicity, probably much more than if they let the "dangerous players" lose some thousands or millions in the long term doing losing bets.

12 Last