BeardedTaco
    BeardedTaco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

so if matchbook is mostly seeded...

Is there anything to read into lines like this:

NBA Pinnacle: Team A: +3.5 -105, Team B : -3.5 -105

NBA Matchbook: Team A: +3.5 -103, Team B: -3.5 +102

I never really payed attention to this since I'm really just looking for a good number but I recently wondered about these lines being shaded one way given that most of them are seeded. Any arbs or traders might have noticed a trend about these?

BeardedTaco

final bump

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I would be very surprised if they were seeding with a 1-cent spread. Even with commission, they could get crushed by line moves.

I pay pretty close attention to the tennis markets. If these were seeded and managed by line-bots, you would expect the larger offers to move when the market does. If they do adjust, they move so slowly that you can frequently pick off matches. From this, I'd conclude that they don't seed in tennis.

BeardedTaco

Yes come to think of it you are probably right in terms of them not seeding on small 1-3cent spreads for NHL/NBA. Although when Pinnacle takes a game off the board ALOT the "reasonable" offers are taken off the board momentarily? That's what is puzzling to me.

To go back to my original question, is it fair to say the more recreational players are matching offers instead of offering them? If that's the case then a 1c cent line being shaded one way could mean more knowledgeable players looking to get action on the "offering" side (if indeed MB has nothing to do with it)?

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

I have been watching and sometimes you see this apparent Pinny lean where Pinny moves the juice -110+ and MB offers hold pat.

BeardedTaco

We need some arbs/traders to check in! It's their bread and butter!

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

I only know how it used to be...
    in most cases, if there were large amounts with odds significantly better than Pinny's, Pinny moved into that direction not long after.
    I always joked around with a friend, saying oh look Pinny did put up some offers again.